haleks

Unlocked Uniforms

Could anybody pick up this mod since Halek seems to have discontinued support of this? (Unless someone redistributed it as their own, we don't seem to hear any news on updates for this anymore...)

Read the previous page mate : it's not my only project at the moment and I'm quite busy IRL.

But no, this mod is not discontinued; it will be updated eventually, and might even be part of a bigger addon with other gameplay tweaks.

• Like 1

Ahh, my apologies. I do forget you are the owner of the Ravage mod! Still play that & I love the new opening!

Too much Zombies & Demons...

I forgot to ask, does/will this also include unlocking hidden selections, such as the Sangheili armours & uniforms from the OPTRE: FC mod? Or just make it where I can wear them after looting only?

Also, not sure what the player is considered, but in the DZS zombie sandbox, I was unable to wear the Combat Uniform (MTP) [NATO] uniform when I found it... Not sure why that is, but in all honesty, it could be one of multiple, numerous, exhorbant bugs found in that scenario...

Still, figured I would give you a quick flash on that find.

does this mod work anymore? could have sworn i could wear 7 types of guerrilas shirts with this a month ago but now theres nothing?

Any prevision to put this addon on Steam Workshop?

Hey Donnovan. If you go to the very front of this & read the description, the part under license that says DO NOT UPLOAD TO STEAM WORKSHOP means it is not going to be on steam workshop.

As for integration into your mod, as long as credit is given, & the mod you upload does not unlock uniforms regardless of the scenario, I would assume integration would not be a problem. Biggest worry there is someone digging through your files & uploading Halek's mod from your mod.

• Like 1

Any prevision to put this addon on Steam Workshop?

If you just read back one page you will see someone ask them exact same thing-and no, you cannot put any part of this on Steam even if it is included in a larger mod. otherwise it can be distributed so long as credit is given-but not put on steam.

Thankyou for the help. I'm not using it for this reason.

Any update on this as its now throwing up errors in the latest update - shame as I love this mod :(

Howdy. Just wondering if anyone else is getting the following error?

unlocked_uniforms/'not an array'

Not sure if it's the mod or something else I'm running.

Hi!

This is a minor error that appeared with an Arma3 update some months ago. It doesn't affect the functionnality of the mod.

I'll try to make some time and push a lil update though.

On 1/7/2017 at 3:57 PM, haleks said:

Hi!

This is a minor error that appeared with an Arma3 update some months ago. It doesn't affect the functionnality of the mod.

I'll try to make some time and push a lil update though.

Please Push the update when ever you can please :)

I tried using this on my tanoa a3wasteland server and unfortunately it doesn't appear to be working, any ideas? Are the newer uniforms just not included yet?

2 hours ago, Sil3nt_Pr0digy said:

I tried using this on my tanoa a3wasteland server and unfortunately it doesn't appear to be working, any ideas? Are the newer uniforms just not included yet?

That appears to be the case.

It's interesting, as the whole file is one giant patch that simply relists the uniforms instead of using a function to go through each uniform and set it as all sides...(if that's possible.)

Use this mod on my llittle A3 epoch server, works very well.

After 1.68 update I have come around 4 uniforms that can't be used, they where all IND btw

thanks again

Any chance for this mod to be turned into server-side only mod? It is so small it would annoy any new players who would try join the server :(

9 hours ago, Aintence said:

Any chance for this mod to be turned into server-side only mod? It is so small it would annoy any new players who would try join the server :(

That's not possible unfortunately.

I can't believe the BI devs haven't implemented something like this officially even after all these years.

Locking uniforms only causes issues for players, modders and mission makers alike, and there could be scripted ways to enforce locked uniforms rather than the mandatory and arbitrary system in use today.

Not having unlocked uniforms by default certainly undermines the SANDBOX nature of Arma 3.

This feature has been asked literarily countless times but to no avail for some weird and unexplained reason.

• Like 2

Don't necropost, this thread is over 4 years old. There's a no uniform restriction .pbo in the ACE3 optionals folder.

1 hour ago, klima said:

Don't necropost, this thread is over 4 years old. There's a no uniform restriction .pbo in the ACE3 optionals folder.

ACE3 uses a totally different (scripted) approach though. And it's not quite plug-and-play either...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, klima said:

Actually this topic was a hot debate just a couple days ago on the Arma 3 Discord Server so this discussion is not necro at all.

Besides, players shouldn't be forced to download a whole mod just because devs refuse to do a minor config change to completely fix the issue.

• Like 1