New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I would really recommend this terrain to everyone, it has very good performance and the detail is exceptional.

What I have seen so far of the improvements, they seem excellent.

Thanks for the update and your hard work.

:)

New to the forums, so it won't mean much coming from me, but this is beautiful man :) Keep up the great work! :dancehead:

New to the forums, so it won't mean much coming from me, but this is beautiful man :) Keep up the great work! :dancehead:

I think thank yous are always appreciated by the authors no matter how many posts you have :p

Missed this release last time around will be checking it out now though.. thanks!!

Can't get enough of this.. It's just so beautiful. I'm having so much fun with it in the editor. Only negative is that the AI freak out when I add a waypoint to drive through the border. It's still fun though :)

How would you go about adding a trigger to the gate? I've been trying to, but nothing is working :(

"fence01_gate animate ["(I've tried putting a bunch of things here and nothing will work)", 1];" won't work.

Would the script be:

objectid/objetname animate ["???", 1]

or am I using the completely wrong script?

Edited by rambeaux504
Question

The large border fence is not broke to drive. It can also be good blown up. That was by design. So you have to think of something. 10-ueberleg.gif

Our clan plays every Saturday on GulfOfAqaba a Domination. Full Action.

But I have already found an error. By smoothing the excavation for the swimming pool was removed. 03_1_ankoppfass.gif Now the pool is in the air. I should probably make some point an update v0.3.

I don't play online. My computer can barely handle single player. Otherwise, I'd love to play online. You can go up to it and open it. I'm trying to figure out how to trigger it to open automatically.

Okay, I know the name is fence01_gate and the objectid is 113350. So I added a guard. I've been testing out different scripts to where the gate opens and he salutes, but he only salutes. So is there anyway I can make him go and open the gate when I enter the trigger zone?

Edited by rambeaux504

How would you go about adding a trigger to the gate? I've been trying to, but nothing is working :(

"fence01_gate animate ["(I've tried putting a bunch of things here and nothing will work)", 1];" won't work.

Would the script be:

objectid/objetname animate ["???", 1]

or am I using the completely wrong script?

11-verwirrt.gif

Do you have the right position to get the option "Open Gate" and "Close Gate"?

It works all right. Triggers are not necessary.

https://ij4qpg.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2pShUKkwIqcS2vxkiP_P8KjgPd494c65KoSxTRysyXa1xbu5PjbFfAkJPKXczwnMRjCGje-hbxKtxLs8Fj8NkIYv-lwcWAiDC0AWvLdcFHD-8/fence01_gate01.png (2016 kB)

https://ij4qpg.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2p4ckC-jv01G9iyJfCnwtaTRo61j9yXIidPSbs8MgMeHwgre92sQyYg-urR-Hj9m8ntB-h8DxnV4FMzLhvMHNK3AMrLDffyYjTy8BBfTSqHmU/fence01_gate02.png (2025 kB)

Oh yes. I got it that way. But I was trying to do it automatically. Like for a border control outpost. Onlly lets in Blufor and Independents in for example once they enter a designated trigger zone.

okay, I understand. But with scripts I can not help you. Scripts are not my world. 8-rotanlauf.gif

I think I might be able to do it. I was looking at tutorials. I just need to know what type of gate it is for instance, I know the name is fence01_gate and the objectid is 113350, but what type of gate is it? If that makes sense, I don't how to elaborate anymore. I'll keep looking into it and keep you posted on my progress.

...but what type of gate is it?

an iron gate 31-schrei.gif

The animation is not "Rotation" but "Translation"-class.

I used a script to find out the classname and I got "Land_mis_fence01_gate". Now I'm going to find out how to incorporate this into a script. Thanks for that information by the way.

I took yesterday for the first time an extensive look at this terrain and it is simply beautiful and stunning. An amazing job you did here. It has such a different feel to all the other terrains and the atmosphere is so great. This is definitely a jewel I can only recommend for use to every mision maker.

Thanks for your hard work and sharing.

cheers:)

i got on your website this is simply amazing. I was just fooling around in the editor and set up a couple of skirmishes I love it. I ran into one trouble though. Something really weird happened. Everytime I load a savegame in the editor I respawn mid air or sometimes on the ground on Desert Island. Which is really weird. Now I excluded all addons i used and loaded only the map. I don't know if anyone else did experience such kind of thing. I'm unable to tell if this is on my side only. All save games on other maps work well as far as I understood. Really unexplainable I'm getting this only with your terrain. :banghead:

i got on your website this is simply amazing. I was just fooling around in the editor and set up a couple of skirmishes I love it. I ran into one trouble though. Something really weird happened. Everytime I load a savegame in the editor I respawn mid air or sometimes on the ground on Desert Island. Which is really weird. Now I excluded all addons i used and loaded only the map. I don't know if anyone else did experience such kind of thing. I'm unable to tell if this is on my side only. All save games on other maps work well as far as I understood. Really unexplainable I'm getting this only with your terrain. :banghead:

That's caused by a config error. It has something to do with classnames, folder names, and wrp names not matching up.

yes,

In Multi Play me is not noticed.

I still don't know what it is.

foldername ist MIS_GulfOfAqaba

wrp-Name is gulfofaqaba.wrp

Do the names be the same?

Edited by S@ndBob

Hi guys

@Jakerod

Thanks for enlighten us on this little mystery. I was going crazy yesterday trying to figure out how come I ended up on Desert Island every time I loaded a save game. I experienced this for the first time after 13 years of playing BI games. I thought first it was something only on my side. In any case thanks for the advice now I know it's not a problem that I'm facing.

@ S@andBob

I love this terrain and I hope you can get this sorted out, because otherwise it's rather frustrating to use this map for making missions especially in case you can't save the mission progress.

In any case I'm enjoying your terrain very much you did an outstanding job thank you for that.

Keep up the good work

cheers :)

I have tested the problem.

The error was that the name of the export file "gulfofaqaba.wrp" was wrong. The name must also call "mis_gulfofaqaba.wrp" . Also, I've added the missing PboPrefix file.

In the next update v0.3 (around the end of December) will works the savegame with the "continue" function.

Thanks for the hints, Jakerod. 35-top.gif

Alternatively you can start single missions or multiplayer missions on a server and play for several days. We had always run on the "Gulf Of Aqaba" a Domination or Warefare by Benny.

[MIS] S@nd Test Area

IP: 5.62.117.57 Port: 2302

Password via PM for Pricing.

Hi S@ndbob

notwithstanding the savegame issue the map is really breathtaking. I saw that Aplion provided some stuff. Sad that he took a break hopefully he'll be back. Moreover I'm grateful that modders like yourself are still working on stuff for ArmA 2. I did not buy ArmA 3 and I'll stick with 2 no problems with that. Since I'm a "non steam user" i'm still on patch 1.62 and it's most unlikely that i'll be able to play MP. Most servers are already on 1.63. Since this patch is only for steam users are mostly all on 1.63 because the shutdown of gamespy, me as a non steam user I'm using still 1.62 which means 0 servers. Would have liked to do some UNSUNG stuff as well but I have the same problem they are all on 1.63. So I stick to the editor. When 0.3 will be released I may have some missions ready. LOL

In any case thanks for this jewel it is really amazing and I'm looking forward to version 0.3.

Cheers :D

Yes I know.

We played until the last day the v1.62 until the server went on strike.

Then we had to do something. Steam is not as bad as I thought. That was too much hyped by some. But the crash bug when exiting Arma is a bit annoying.

We'll see you again. abklatsch.gif

Yeah definitely. I'm looking forward to the new release. In any case no Steam for me. Any company with similar license agreements can screw themselves. I ain't gonna do business with them. Especially since they are cornering the market. One more reason I don't like steam. In any case I'm glad that there are people still doing things for Arma 2.

see you around and I love your terrain :inlove: