giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Making the mission properly work with AGM might be not as large of an task as might appear.

Parameters to disable features like interaction/medical would be a good start. From there on all it would need would be the AGM modules placed on the map (like medical, repair, etc) and AGM Items.

I believe I could make your mission somewhat AGM compatible by cutting features that conflict with AGM and adding AGM items.

Parameters to disable features would be great already, so I could more easily make an AGM version for me and my friends (non-public ofc.)

Hi,

First off wicked game mode. I have switched out to RHS units and CAF_Aggressors to make it a little bit more immersive on Takistan.

One issue, medical system, as medic I can inspect and examine a downed friendly, (hit by IED) and have the ui tell me everything is okay... when this is not the case.

Am I missing something in the define statement that overrides revive functionality?

Additionally, is there a possibility to include a % chance on search for intel a chance for an explosive det from the body?

in boolean:

If player interacts roll explosionchance;

If explosionchance roll result = true;

spawn chargedetonation;

else close;

Hi,

First off wicked game mode. I have switched out to RHS units and CAF_Aggressors to make it a little bit more immersive on Takistan.

One issue, medical system, as medic I can inspect and examine a downed friendly, (hit by IED) and have the ui tell me everything is okay... when this is not the case.

Am I missing something in the define statement that overrides revive functionality?

Fixed in the next version

Additionally, is there a possibility to include a % chance on search for intel a chance for an explosive det from the body?

It will be added in the next version

in boolean:

If player interacts roll explosionchance;

If explosionchance roll result = true;

spawn chargedetonation;

else close;

I didn't understand

Don't worry about the boolean points;

If the % chance is being added then no need to understand the string!

But cheers for the swift reply!

Updated to v 1.01

http://www.giallustio.altervista.org/pages/=BTC=_Hearts_and_Minds.php

Changelog:

- Fixed medical system

- Added Drag, Carry and Load in actions

- Big containers for logistic (waiting for BIS sling loading)

- Performance improvements

- Params to disable medical, deafness and IEDs

- Params to set enemy type, chance of intel and reputation at start

- Add ACRE and CAF support

- RHS version

I'm already working on some improvements ;)

hello, I know I mentioned to you before the medic system. looks like you can disable in init.sqf.

I have added some other scripts and looks to be fine, such as, fastropes, field repair, BTC lifter until 11/4, heli repair pads, I added a vehicle respawn, allowing vehicles to blow up, changed the init of vehicles to delete, time skip for night ops, VCOMAI AI behavior script which rips us apart, very cool, all in all great mission, really enjoy the randomness and gathering intel from civs. I also like that civs grab guns an come out blazing, have to double tap em but still cool. I have seen some strange things like black smoke in distance, it goes away so we presume its a vehicle crash, ammo cache never found, it finally tells us failed mission, ammo cache never found even though we got it down the 100? marker and searched Nifi completely and no luck.

All in all very fun mission, we haven't got any of the side missions to spawn like deliver supplies, save a town etc... just the ammo and hideout stuff. I would encourage anyone to use VCOMAI it adds so much to the AI behavior its great.

Would love to see more tasks in the future. great set up thus far.

VCOMAI AI behavior script which rips us apart, very cool, all in all great mission

This could break some part of the mission, but i didn't know it so i can't tell for sure

Would love to see more tasks in the future. great set up thus far.

Suggest some ;)

This could break some part of the mission, but i didn't know it so i can't tell for sure

Suggest some ;)

Hey, I haven't seen any issue with VCOMAI, just be sure and reduce the AIwarning distance in init.sqf. very important to do. I use 200m

mission suggestions:

HVT == rescue, kill, assassinate.

sink rebel supply trawlers or mini gun boat docks

locate downed drone and download intel

kill / destroy scientist and research labs/HQ/Dome

ambush rebel supports convoy last seen ........

I am trying to use these in another mission of mine using ALIVE but too much debugging to bother TBO. I have ideas just no scripting skills.

Did a 6 hour testrun tonight with 6 players on our dedicated server.

- About 3 hours in, the medic system stopped working and reverted back to vanilla A3 damages. "Examine" shows no damage but vanilla system shows I need treatment and if you recieve enough damage you die and insta-respawn.

- Tried to figure how to load a wounded into a vehicle but could not get it to work.

- Had some lag-spikes/fps-drops now and then, not sure why. The performance improvements in the new version, did those include less enemies and civilians? A lot less activity in towns, both big and small towns...

A nice feature to have would be to order/ask a civilian driver out of his car.

Do you have a rpt? (Client and server) Version 1.01? Mods?

Edited by Giallustio

@JAndrews1 add Vcom yourself when you want it, but its a peformance droper in our testings(greater battles). Like that is vanilla so every Community can choose there favourite AI script and the mission maker goes not insane, for us its ASRAI, that only runs on the server.

I have to say like the mission a lot, but some probs occured while playing.

We have played with the modded version and with CAF on takistan, and had a lot of fun. Only something was strange that a truck full with middle east agressor was driving every 30min to our base and waited for us and civilians too.

I dont know if that should be the homecoming suprise.

For the first short test cool mission, but mayby you can you add that some enemys spawns in houses or so, we only saw them patrouling around ?

When it already in srry, i have to play test more ;).

There are random patrols that move around, from locations to locations. I didn't test it on takistan but probably you set the base very close to one location.

Units decide randomly if patrol, hold position or get inside house

@JAndrews1 add Vcom yourself when you want it, but its a peformance droper in our testings(greater battles). Like that is vanilla so every Community can choose there favourite AI script and the mission maker goes not insane, for us its ASRAI, that only runs on the server.

Hey, just fyi, I am using VCOMAI, it works great, just lower the AIwarning distance in the init.sqf. I use 200 m with no issues. Only issues I have had is with the medic revive, I just disabled and added farooqs revive. works fine.

Giallustio how could I increase the amount of rebels spawned?

Next update will be focused on the sling loading...I need to figure out how it works but i think i'm gonna add my lift script and just add the ropes. It could take some times

Next update will be focused on the sling loading...I need to figure out how it works but i think i'm gonna add my lift script and just add the ropes. It could take some times

Prior to DLC I was using your BTC logistics, worked fine along with zlt fastropes, I disabled the BTC for now to see how the DLC sling works. Will cont. to test. fastropes works fine.

I was noticing the civ's don't load out with Bandollier as in defined sqf. I was going to update this with a back pack and add some other gear too and see what happens. I had this issue with dressing civ's in another mission too. anyways, I was going to edit that portion and see what happens.

I had some issues having my action key 2 working to get intel and ask questions. It just didn't work. I respawned and it starting working again. I wonder if this is a result of the update.

Fun mission so far.

Hi Giallustio,

Just wanted to say what an incredible mission. Me and my clan have been playing it over the last few days and have loved it. We've also recently downloaded RHS so having the PBO for Hearts and Minds with RHS was really good and gave us a great opportunity to test it out.

A few questions I had in relation to some of the systems and how the mission works, also a few possible 'bugs' (or just me being silly)

Is there a way to view your 'reputation' to see what the locals think of you?

Is there a way to make civs get out of vehicles? So far if we come across a civ in a vehicle they just try to run you over, I've tried using the Stop or Get down order but neither seems to work. Not sure if this is maybe linked to the reputation system.

When you have located a hideout and need to destroy it, what exactly needs to be destroyed to mark it as complete. I've had trouble knowing what exactly to blow up. Also, how do you tow the vehicles? Whenever I try and Hook something it just says 'you need to interact with a vehicle to tow it' or something similar. On that, I have noticed that the Pawnee does not respawn and does not seem to be able to be towed at all.

One possible 'bug' I've noticed is that the parameter to change the change of finding intel on a body doesn't seem to work. When playing I noticed that even though we had it set to 90% when only got intel from 1 body after searching about 15 or so. I even set it to 100% to test and still got none after searching the same amount of bodies.

Also, for the Interaction keys that you have to set. We tried using our default for AGM which is Left Windows key for Interact and Left CTRL & Left Windows key for Self-Interact. I've noticed that it seems not to like having more than 1 key to press. When I pressed both Left CTRL & Left Windows key is bought up the Interact option and not Self-Interact like I wanted.

Sorry for all the questions and such. Just some of the things I've noticed or wondered after a few times playing.

Once again, this is an amazing mission and we've loved playing it.

Keep up the great work :)

Edited by DanBonehill

Is there a way to view your 'reputation' to see what the locals think of you?

Not at the moment, I don't know if i'll make it readable, I'll think about that

Is there a way to make civs get out of vehicles? So far if we come across a civ in a vehicle they just try to run you over, I've tried using the Stop or Get down order but neither seems to work. Not sure if this is maybe linked to the reputation system.

Not at the moment but in the roadmap!

When you have located a hideout and need to destroy it, what exactly needs to be destroyed to mark it as complete. I've had trouble knowing what exactly to blow up.

Place a satchel near the flag

Also, how do you tow the vehicles? Whenever I try and Hook something it just says 'you need to interact with a vehicle to tow it' or something similar. On that, I have noticed that the Pawnee does not respawn and does not seem to be able to be towed at all.

Use "Hook" on the vehicle you want to tow, then the action "Tow" on the "tower" vehicle.

One possible 'bug' I've noticed is that the parameter to change the change of finding intel on a body doesn't seem to work. When playing I noticed that even though we had it set to 90% when only got intel from 1 body after searching about 15 or so. I even set it to 100% to test and still got none after searching the same amount of bodies.

I just realized that i set it in the wrong way...90 it's very hard to find in your version, i'll change it in the next, silly me :P

Thank you for your kind words!

Saturday I'll have a test session, I would like to implement a FOB building system with a "move to FOB" feature, I'll try to release a new version sunday or monday!

Please tell me if the documentation inside the mission isn't clear enough!

Thank you for a very quick and thorough response.

That's answered all of my questions relating to this. Great to hear of possible future features. I definitely think that FOB building would be a great benefit if its possible to do.

Haha, so when I set 100% it meant I'd get no intel from bodies ever, that explains it :P Thanks for the clarification :)

I think the documentation is great. Its very thorough and gives you a vast amount of information. The only amendment I would perhaps suggest is in the "hideout" part to add about how you destroy the hideout.

Not sure if you saw my amendment to my post but there was also the below that I noticed

"Also, for the Interaction keys that you have to set. We tried using our default for AGM which is Left Windows key for Interact and Left CTRL & Left Windows key for Self-Interact. I've noticed that it seems not to like having more than 1 key to press. When I pressed both Left CTRL & Left Windows key is bought up the Interact option and not Self-Interact like I wanted."

Thanks again for the reply

on moving vehicles shoot the tires out, disable the truck and civ's will get out. double tap em in the head if they look at you wrong. lol.

I did notice the vehicle despawn issue and just added my own.

I let the players on our server to not use other mods ie AGM, it does interfere with the game play. I know it interferes with the revive we use. which is farooqs.

I have added some extra scripts to this mission. very fun.

"Also, for the Interaction keys that you have to set. We tried using our default for AGM which is Left Windows key for Interact and Left CTRL & Left Windows key for Self-Interact. I've noticed that it seems not to like having more than 1 key to press. When I pressed both Left CTRL & Left Windows key is bought up the Interact option and not Self-Interact like I wanted."

Probably i should work on it a bit, personally i use two single keys: T self interaction and space as user action 2.

The AH-9 will be liftable with the new update!

@ JAndrews1

What do you mean with "I did notice the vehicle despawn issue"? Could you elaborate it a bit?