neofit

Episode 3, "Game Over" mission

Please enable the "Save" option. Thanks.

And no, it's not a debate, I'm not interested in hearing the usual bla-bla about how some guy on the net feels better without saving, start your own thread, or better yet, don't save. If the game didn't have a save option for SP content I wouldn't have bought it. Please let us finish the campaign in peace.

:confused:

I don't understand, the "save option" is enabled, in that mission I saved at least 10 times, and I don't use mods, just vanilla A3 for the campaign.

If only they hadn't placed so many mines...

I used the engineer to clean them ( order the rest to form in file and the engineer 10 mts in front ). You first have to take him from a construction site.

I don't understand, the "save option" is enabled, in that mission I saved at least 10 times, and I don't use mods, just vanilla A3 for the campaign.

So you can save during that mission? please tell us exactly what options you use or whatever. This no save thing is really annoying me.

So you can save during that mission? please tell us exactly what options you use or whatever. This no save thing is really annoying me.

Yeah, as many times as I want. Go to Options > Game > difficulty options and select 'Unlimited saves'.

Screenshot

AE91E3B50DC8A6AA7483155312699077258C0834

Edited by MistyRonin
adding screenshot

For me, saving is disabled (like in the base missions in the previous episodes), and the normal death scene is simply replaced with a mission over screen (which, strangely enough, you still get the achievement for).

I get it's supposed to be an epilogue, but "and then you died, lol" is kind of an anticlimatic ending for a year of waiting :p (or, in my case "and then the game crashed because you need a new computer, lol". But that's a bit too meta for my liking)

Edited by BiggerDave

I had the option to save once. the problem is I had no option to load that save later. only 'revert' or 'replay'

There's an engineer with the BLUFOR soldiers you first come along. You can use the engineer or take the mine detector from his backpack yourself. There's also a mine detector in the helipad east of the swamp where the resistance soldiers are located.

Saving also disabled over here. Don't really mind it. Rather I found it better, it forces you to be careful.

So some people can save and it is just disabled for others? Is this a bug or something? Just does not seem right.

Like BiggrDave (love the Doctor Strangelove avatar BTW) I also got the achievement after I died and feel pretty much like him lol.

aaa.jpg

During the whole mission, until I am taken by surprise by an APC or an AI who sees me behind bushes. And of course I have unlimited saves on, I've been using them throughout the whole campaign. Not even a "Save and Exit" option, looks like a bug.

Seriously guys, please fix this. I get absolutely zero extra tension out of this, just extreme annoyance.

Yeah, no saves at all - very frustrating. Managed to finish it anyway, although lost most of survivors on the marsh. But no achievement, instead - game crash on "The End" screen.

It is not a bug, you are not supposed be able to save. Hence The End line if you were killed

guys, i have just finished the campaign. in last mission "paradise found" i found some kind of nucklear base by mistake but it worked for nothing. and i found miller's corpse in "search" area and nothing happened again. and then i climbed a hill and guided the arty strike then campaign ended. will there be a 4th episode? because i coulnd't learn the reason of earthquakes and hq asked me to get back to the base asap.

I agree, this mission is very frustrating without any saves. I've spent way more time trying to finish this last mission than I spent on the rest of the campaign :(

I'm playing the go to Miller ending, and I have successfully investigated the dome, collected the NATO friendlies and got into the swamp, where the unit with the mine detector said he detected a mine. However, I couldn't order him to disable it (i guess he's not an engineer?), and I couldn't see where the mine was. So I ordered him forward 20m, following his exact path. I got almost to the centre of the swamp, then boom! I don't know if he stepped on it or me. Not a lot of fun...

No, it has been purposively disabled to encourage re-playability. It's a pure sandbox mission where you are let loose to do what you want. The idea being that every time you play the mission a different outcome will ensue.

Also it gives you a sense of urgency and enhances the idea that you're alone and your main objective is to survive and get off the island. You only have "one" life.

If you want to have unlimited saves. Then you will have to un-pack the .pbo mission file and find the appropriate .sqf and delete the line of code which disables the save function. And then play the mission through the editor.

People have complained that the Win episode is too short. However the missions are much beefier and are longer. You are also given more freedom and choice. Whereas Survive has shorter and more precise missions.

The greatest games allow you to be creative and imaginative, and require you to actually use your brain. For example chess. Arma 3 is second to none when it comes to this.

Edited by twiddlingthumbs

While I appreciate the sandbox nature of the final mission, I can't help feeling a bit of an anticlimax of "oh...that's it?"

Further more, was constantly frustrated at my loadout kept changing of its own accord, even mid-mission in one case!

It's not as anticlimactic as the alternate, "Status Quo". You meet a guy at the airport and drive him to see someone. Except that would be too short, so you have to go get gas first, after playing an exciting game of 'find the offroad' in the parking lot. The entire 'NATO ending' is a big yawn, the Miller ending is pretty cool in comparison.

• Like 1

Want to support opinion: JUST ENABLE THE F***G SAVEGAME OPTION in Game Over mission.

This bullshit have ruined the impression about the whole campaign! I have to start from the beginning over and over again, like in a cheap stupid arcade! I'm not a first class player to hit all the enemies from the first time. For me it's not even ultra-hard, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! I repeat: THIS IS A BULLSHIT! This option doesn't adds a bit of a "realistic atmosphere" for me, it's just making me mad and ruins the whole gameplay!

If someone don't want to save - let them to choose this from the options. But I'm just don't want to waste my time doing fap-fap-fap over and over again. If I ever would like to do so, I will buy Arcanoid or something.

I agree, this mission is very frustrating without any saves. I've spent way more time trying to finish this last mission than I spent on the rest of the campaign :(

I'm playing the go to Miller ending, and I have successfully investigated the dome, collected the NATO friendlies and got into the swamp, where the unit with the mine detector said he detected a mine. However, I couldn't order him to disable it (i guess he's not an engineer?), and I couldn't see where the mine was. So I ordered him forward 20m, following his exact path. I got almost to the centre of the swamp, then boom! I don't know if he stepped on it or me. Not a lot of fun...

You can just order him to drop the detector, and use it yourself.

Don't understand why people find it so impossible. I completed the mission first time on Expert difficultly without a single causality. Just take your time. Grab the truck with the sirens on. Go pick up the NATO survivors, then head and rescue the guerrillas use the demolitions expert to detect the mines. Send him in front and follow in his path in single column. Get the guerrillas and head to the coast or airfield. Simple. Of course there other ways to complete the mission. This is just the most obvious choice.

Go pick up the NATO survivors, then head and rescue the guerrillas use the demolitions expert to detect the mines. Send him in front and follow in his path in single column.

At that moment suddenly OPFOR patrol shows up 50 meters ahead and in intense firefight kills most of survivors, matter of 20 seconds or so (my case). Simple. :) Lack of saves is a problem not because people can't plan wisely, but because shit happens, and repeating whole procedure several times is not funny. Is highly frustrating. And people mostly play games for fun, not for frustration. IMO design decision to block saves is wrong in any case.

• Like 1