On 1/16/2017 at 6:45 AM, O.Languedoc said:

I think ASR is in conflict with most garrison command from other mods like ares & ace & mcc. When it starts shooting, people in buildings & guard tower are all moving around. Even the sniper on the roof.. Sometime it's hard to keep everything under control. For me it's the only anoying part of this mod. It would be great to have some basic ASR waypoints.  

- garrison buildings ( units get in position in the building. They aren't included in the reinforcements )

- patrol buildings ( units are moving from a building position to another position in the same building)

- patrol compound (units are patrolling randomly from position in building to position in the yard and to position in near by building.

- patrol ( outside )

-QRF ? Staged in a building waiting for a call or attack on the compound? 

In anycase when the fire fight start guard tower are staying mounted, spare units patrolling move to battle & defend the location. 

A module to exclude units would also be Great instead of pasting variables in every units. All synched units are excluded) 

Reasonable request, noted. Also see my post from Dec 27.

On 1/21/2017 at 3:20 PM, Freghar said:

There are at least two ways to keep units on the spot, forceSpeed 0 or disableAI "PATH". The former is much older, so it was/is used by various garrisoning scripts. Both seem to work fine with the latest ASR AI.

A bigger problem is what I call "capturing a base, the ASR AI way",

1. have a fully occupied base, with patrols, waypoints, etc.
  2. go on a nearby hill
  3. shoot a few bullets at the base
  4. retreat, loop around the base
  5. wait 20-30 minutes
  6. walk into an empty base

Where vanilla AI mostly stays in formations where you last put them, ASR AI is much more aggressive in pursuing the threat, splitting squads and running away from waypoints. I don't know what would "fix" it though, maybe some checking for GUARD waypoint type? Or whether a group has a set WP loop (CYCLE)? The squad splitting is also an issue, because it makes ie. a squad of 10 players encounter the enemies one-by-one, not presenting much challenge.

Despite that, the positives still outweigh the above (for me).

Version 1.0 should have improved thigs a lot in that regard. Are you using it ?

By squad splitting, since I did not implement such thing, I think you mean AI leader sending units to attack/flank - that's engine controlled, automatic.

On 1/21/2017 at 7:13 PM, Variable said:

Why does that happen? I thought ASR AI only suppose to move AI around if they have no predefined waypoints?

Moving AI around is limited to these cases:

- mounting near weapons

- rearming

- moving to cover

- moving into buildings

But only if certain conditions are met, not having uncompleted waypoints being one of them. Like I said, will revisit these conditions.

15 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Hi Robalo,

will we get new RHS files for ASR AI3? :)

Yes. Link updated with 0.4.2 config at bottom of first post.

• Like 5

Added Config for Project Opfor at the end of first post and Steam.

Will add the other configs to Steam as well. Soon.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Robalo said:

Ah yes! Back on the ASR AI train it is! :)

On 1/22/2017 at 4:48 PM, Devastator_cm said:

Hi Robalo,

will we get new RHS files for ASR AI3? :)

Do I need to enable this as a separate addon or can I simply place the rhs pho's in the ASR_AI addons folder?

29 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Just put it under asr_ai3 addons folder

Many thanx :)

On 23. 1. 2017 at 1:04 PM, Robalo said:

Version 1.0 should have improved thigs a lot in that regard. Are you using it ?

By squad splitting, since I did not implement such thing, I think you mean AI leader sending units to attack/flank - that's engine controlled, automatic.

Yes, I'm using 1.0. By "squad splitting" I mean situations like these - http://imgur.com/a/8o3eF which can get even worse when the group(s) are originally on a patrol path.

2 hours ago, Freghar said:

Yes, I'm using 1.0. By "squad splitting" I mean situations like these - http://imgur.com/a/8o3eF which can get even worse when the group(s) are originally on a patrol path.

Once combat starts they don't care much about keeping formation. That's vanilla behavior. Are you using combat mode RED ?

33 minutes ago, Robalo said:

Once combat starts they don't care much about keeping formation. That's vanilla behavior. Are you using combat mode RED ?

I assume so, I haven't set it explicitly, but that's what they default to when under fire. I'm not sure if / how long they retain it after shooting stops, but the screenshots above were taken ~8 minutes after shooting stopped (they stuck together for about a minute and then went off like this).

edit: Just tested it with disabled AUTOCOMBAT (so I could keep Aware/Combat a.k.a. YELLOW/RED consistent) and it seems to be happening for both YELLOW and RED.

Is there any option to set up AI with this mod?

In one of my missions I create an enemy base (Objective 1) and I set enemies in a town (Objective 2); but with ASR mod, when I am attacking base, all enemies from town leave their positions and come back. I am trying to set routes (enemies in town) or even I am setting up "disable AI MOVE" to force units stay in town but.... no luck. When they hear shoots far away, they leave the town alone and go to action area.

Is it possible to set up AI with ASR mod? Is there any way to force your units stay in a position or make them "don't hear shoots" in X metres around?

Thanks in advance

PD: Sorry for my english

Has anyone run this mod with Apex campaign?

The reason is that we're in jungle and we're getting drilled before we spot anyone.

Its occuring with disturbing regularity

On 1/25/2017 at 10:51 PM, slaysoft said:

Is there any option to set up AI with this mod?

In one of my missions I create an enemy base (Objective 1) and I set enemies in a town (Objective 2); but with ASR mod, when I am attacking base, all enemies from town leave their positions and come back. I am trying to set routes (enemies in town) or even I am setting up "disable AI MOVE" to force units stay in town but.... no luck. When they hear shoots far away, they leave the town alone and go to action area.

Is it possible to set up AI with ASR mod? Is there any way to force your units stay in a position or make them "don't hear shoots" in X metres around?

Thanks in advance

PD: Sorry for my english

Give them hold waypoints. If that doesn't work then it's a bug and I'll check your scenario to repro and fix it.

You can also use the exclude setvariable (search thread for exclude) and set enableattack false for groups.

On 1/25/2017 at 11:58 AM, Freghar said:

I assume so, I haven't set it explicitly, but that's what they default to when under fire. I'm not sure if / how long they retain it after shooting stops, but the screenshots above were taken ~8 minutes after shooting stopped (they stuck together for about a minute and then went off like this).

edit: Just tested it with disabled AUTOCOMBAT (so I could keep Aware/Combat a.k.a. YELLOW/RED consistent) and it seems to be happening for both YELLOW and RED.

Ive been having similar issues with this mod where AI units will run off to track down enemies leaving their squad spread out. Im using duda's advanced AI command mod and once fighting starts all hope of being able to control my units goes out the window. On vanilla I have some reluctance to move under fire, but they generally stick together and eventually follow my waypoints. I really like the AI changes with this mod, just not the way it makes controlling my platoon difficult. 

Ive also noticed that squad control gets transferred, usually to the #5 guy (Team Leader in default rifle squad, same rank as Squad Leader when placed in Editor). Not sure if that is causing some weird behavior (it has stripped me of command of my unit even when I choose the option to keep command)

• Like 1

Seems to me it's quite different issue and you're repotting in wrong thread.

How is it the wrong thread? I only have these issues when ASR is enabled. As I stated above, without ASR they behave more appropriately. It definitely seems to be something about this mod that causes squads to split up/spread out and pursue enemies (which seems to be the same issue as I quoted as well, certainly not "quite different")

Regarding the team switching, that's also a behavior change that I only see with ASR active, so again I'm not sure why this is the wrong thread...

10 hours ago, tvscrrtt said:

How is it the wrong thread? I only have these issues when ASR is enabled. As I stated above, without ASR they behave more appropriately. It definitely seems to be something about this mod that causes squads to split up/spread out and pursue enemies (which seems to be the same issue as I quoted as well, certainly not "quite different")

Regarding the team switching, that's also a behavior change that I only see with ASR active, so again I'm not sure why this is the wrong thread...

The issue you quoted was about enemy AI not friendly AI. So you're using a mod that gives you better control over friendly AI and you have a problem controlling your team AI. I suspect there's a conflict, I'll have to check out duda's mod and repro the issue myself.

• Like 1

Ah that makes sense. I assumed that whatever caused enemy AI to split up would also be affecting friendly groups. Thanks for clearing that up

On 24/01/2017 at 6:41 PM, Robalo said:

Outstanding.

I have a very strange issue. I literally can't play anything without this mod. If I load up a local server, there are no parameters to change or slots to spawn in, even when there should be. If I start up a server I get the error spam of "Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.asr_ai3_cfgvehicles, asr_ai3_cfgcamouflage". I have no idea what to do. I can only play with it on and I would like to turn it off. Does anyone know how to fix this?

8 minutes ago, bolbies said:

I have a very strange issue. I literally can't play anything without this mod. If I load up a local server, there are no parameters to change or slots to spawn in, even when there should be. If I start up a server I get the error spam of "Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.asr_ai3_cfgvehicles, asr_ai3_cfgcamouflage". I have no idea what to do. I can only play with it on and I would like to turn it off. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hmm. I'm guessing it created a dependency in your mission. Try this:

Load the mission in the editor with ASR AI loaded. Click save as, uncheck the binarize mission option and resave.

Find your mission file, and locate the mission.sqm. Open it in notepad and delete all of the mods listed in the binarized addons section, leaving just the

{

};

Then try opening your mission in the editor without ASR AI loaded. If it loads, place an object down in the mission, then delete it and save the mission again. This will repopulate the binarized addons in your mission.sqm that you deleted in the last step.

This should remove the ASR AI dependency in the mission.

9 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Hmm. I'm guessing it created a dependency in your mission. Try this:

Load the mission in the editor with ASR AI loaded. Click save as, uncheck the binarize mission option and resave.

Find your mission file, and locate the mission.sqm. Open it in notepad and delete all of the mods listed in the binarized addons section, leaving just the

{

};

Then try opening your mission in the editor without ASR AI loaded. If it loads, place an object down in the mission, then delete it and save the mission again. This will repopulate the binarized addons in your mission.sqm that you deleted in the last step.

This should remove the ASR AI dependency in the mission.

It worked! I could kiss you. I was going insane trying to figure out the problem. Thank you so much!

• Like 1

The recent evolution of this mod is simply outstanding.

I have a question though. it's regarding NVG packing. Are you sure the current method you're using is still working as intended on stable branch? I've been trying to do the same and nothing seems to work right. IIRC you were using (sunOrMoon < 1) as the condition for equip the NVGs. I've checked you're source now and see that you've changed to (sunOrMoon < 0.1), in an attemp to make them equip the devices earlier, I believe... Now, I've been checking the result of sunOrMoon in real time, and it changes from 1 to 0.99 when it's actually very dark, and if left on their own, the units would lower their NVGs a lot earlier than that. I'm really confused by all this, could you shed some light on the subject?

10 hours ago, seba1976 said:

The recent evolution of this mod is simply outstanding.

I have a question though. it's regarding NVG packing. Are you sure the current method you're using is still working as intended on stable branch? I've been trying to do the same and nothing seems to work right. IIRC you were using (sunOrMoon < 1) as the condition for equip the NVGs. I've checked you're source now and see that you've changed to (sunOrMoon < 0.1), in an attemp to make them equip the devices earlier, I believe... Now, I've been checking the result of sunOrMoon in real time, and it changes from 1 to 0.99 when it's actually very dark, and if left on their own, the units would lower their NVGs a lot earlier than that. I'm really confused by all this, could you shed some light on the subject?

I know it wasn't working properly but fixed it for upcoming version using this condition: sunOrMoon < 1 || moonIntensity > 0.8

• Like 4

Is it possible to increase the aim when a unit uses rocket launchers? They have limited ammo and the rate of miss is very high by insurgents. It is ok if they use automatic rifles but by RPG they are becoming really no threat at all