Rav_Raven

LIFTER for ArmA 3

v1.0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@rav_lifter_a3.png

@ RAVEN;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Hey Raven,

I was playing around with the mod and the A2 Heli's in A3 by aplion and I'm seeing a bug between the Chinook and the ships/boats. It seems as though I can't lift them.

Troubleshooting I have done:

Reloaded the mod and the Module

Had 3 or so of my testers test it out (Doesn't work on for any of us.)

Attempted to find it in your PBO but didn't have any luck

We lifted the Ammo boxes and the Hunter with the Chinook so I believe it might just be a cargo problem with the values between the Chinook and the Boats being off.

Request: Hotfix maybe? :)

I really want to use these mods in unison on my Mission for our gamenight coming up in a week or so. Thanks! :)

Edited by Dunbagin
More Troubleshooting

@Dunbagin

You are right. There is a small-but-important size difference.

Download v1.02 Hotfix

Corrects volumetric size compared to CH-47 behaved ArmA2 (has a volume 0.15% lower than the CH-47 mod Canadian, which is using LIFTER reference).

Anyway, in my opinion, both CH-47 are small and they should be rescaled to ArmA 3. (notice to addonmakers!)

(This correction will be included in future update.).

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

@RAV_RAVEN

Thanks a ton,

We just tested it and it works splendidly.

I posted on Aplions mod post alerting him of the volume inconsistency with Arma 3 and that he may want to re-scale if he has the time.

(Is there a fix for the whole boat engine being on and creating splash marks on the ground while lifting ordeal?)

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

what is the the initialization for the helicopter

I do not know what man there needs to enter,

and also find nothing in the readme file:j:

Many thanks in advance

regards

buschi

@Buschpilot

No need to initialize the helicopter. (the vast majority, are supported by LIFTER). Be sure to install the module in the editor (see readme.txt). At launch, over 5 meters the option of deploying slings appears. Put on the object (most are recognized by the module) slings deployment and maneuver until the lower end of the sling is within 3 meters of the center of the object. The option (in menu of actions) appears to couple the object.

Some details help videos made ​​by the community:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hePfP2MLHcs

Edited by RAV_RAVEN
Add link to videos

this looks nice too bin messing around with the igi load this and igi in one pack would be cool by the way nice work

Edited by ICE_AGE0815

I love you Raven, that is all.

Hello,i just wanted to stop by and tell you that i love your mod,but only thing i am not liking is the ropes are stationary :( is there any way to make the ropes to move like in attached part with the helicopter so if the helicopter tilt that load stay stationary in realation to load sorry for my bad english but here is the vid from Konyo maker of MH-47e

that explain what i think!! Thank you for your mod!!

@whatismoo

That's because trying to lift a Stomper "not empty". Although it seems that no crew and drones are controlled remotely, actually, when activated, are held by an entity (commanded by the controller unit) and LIFTER, "reads" the vehicle is not empty. The only vehicles with personnel inside, the module rises, are those of the "ship" (boats and mini-submarines) are required for class because insertions and extractions in special operations.

Any other vehicle, must be empty. This has 2 reasons: Apparent is not allowed by security staff inside and the "real" reason is that there are always clever people, which rises to an armed vehicle and starts spraying hot lead from the heights (cheating).

@DevilDogCro

It's in my plans, include some pseudo-physical to the slings (in v1.02 and you can see something in the free sling), but the actual result is not very good (bad they do not have accurate documentation Physx ). Anyway, thanks for the data (I will review the work of Konyo their CH-47).

Greetings.

hello raven , first of all thanks for this mod , but im getting little sick with something , .... which helicopter could lift a tank ? because ive try a lot of them , also the a2 ported chopper ( i see the ch47 comp i the script so i try it ) but no way man ... any help is welcome:yay::yay:

Edited by Crazy_Pilot

@Crazy_Pilot

If you are thinking of lifting a MBT (the M1A1 or T90 type), do not be. LIFTER is very strict with the relationship between volume and cargo helicopter. In ArmA 2, LIFTER has been able to lift the vehicle or LAV-25 BRDM-60 type. I think something heavier (and larger) that category, you will not get. Of course, we are waiting for someone to release a MI-26 (which could lift a T-72 or T90 without problems).

uhmm ok , 2 questions so ,

which parameters i have to modify to be able to lift tanks with the ch 47 ?? ( for personal use )

Its posible to install this mod on the mision folder to be able to load the addon when donwloading the mision ?

its a shame that u have to install it to be able to use it with its low file size , could be great doing that

@Crazy_Pilot

LIFTER is small, but also must be installed as addon because it contains objects .P3d models for the different slings and model of the camera LCD screen to control the load. To make an upgrade script , you should remove them and thus would become another of the many uprisings loads scripts that go about the web (with imaginary and vehicles suspended "magic" of the helicopter slings.

As for the parameters to change to lift tanks ... it's a little harder than that. I can indicate that block of code is responsible for calculating the volume of the helicopter and load and calculating where relationships compared with the tolerance values ​​for each sling is made. Not touching here and there and change settings and verify that the changes should not affect the functionality to other objects. There are branches of code for each type of vehicle and everything is concentrated in a single routine that takes care of everything , no matter what kind of object is . Only works with volumes.

If desired ( for personal use ) you can send a PM with directions.

i see , i will send u my mail , and we could talk about it , and i see what u man , i was inspecting the pbo , and i just see the 3d models so yeah , the script part could be done as that but the 3d model have to be loaded as a add on , thx for ur time dude , im waiting for the release of this add on http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173822-ArmA-2-US-Helicopters-Import-to-A3&p=2638543#post2638543

cause the ch-47 was rezized so mainlly in this mod will have a signed change .

Gracias ( thanks for the non spanish speakers)

sup again raven , ur addon now works perfect with this aad on in the chinox

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173822-ArmA-2-US-Helicopters-Import-to-A3

The points is only 2 things ive noticed ,

1-- the camera inside the chopper didnt appear ( in the chinox )

2--when u upload a huey for example with the chinox from the pilot seat there is no texture faulure , but if u stay in a passenger seat for example u can see a orange square over the loaded heli rotor( strange thing)

i thought that this add on was full compatible with all choppers with that mod ( with vanilla works perfect ) the hueys cant deploy the eslingas , and also cant see the loading camera , if u could made it compatible could be awesome raven

I'm on it.

He had already detected some things. Thanks for the feedback.

LIFTER v1.3 (coming soon) adjust these problems, add compatibility with other mods and a few other things.

Greetings.

very nice addon raven, however our clan would like to begin using it but at the moment we are primarily using the lynx and merlin helis from Massi's UKSF pack (hellcat and mohawk reskins) and they are not functioning with the mod. Would be great if you could fix this :) Also it would be great if you could add some functionality for infantry to drag or move crates around (and possibly load them into land vehicles) like with BTC Logistic script. It would remove the need to run two things for logistics and would allow us to just use your mod. Thanks a lot and I understand if the logistics suggestions are beyond the scope of this mod.

Thanks for informing me.

This Friday's release of v1.3 LIFTER and will add support for these helicopters. On the subject of moving loads, I'm working on an addon that will give the infantry ability to move boxes and load them into vehicles, but will be released in separate addon as there are people who want to use other alternatives (Igiload, BTC, etc.) for these jobs. Addonmaker'm not (I do scripts) but I'm doing a forklift for that module. Keep tuned ...