igi_pl

IgiLoad script - logistical support

I miss the time for replying in the thread. Devote time to prepare a new version IgiLoad.

A few details about the upcoming version 0.9.7:

• Minor improvements in the code.
  • Initialization with the initialization of mission.
  • Automatically add vehicles after they are created during the mission. There should be not problems after respawning of vehicles.
  • C-130J by theebu: C-130J Cargo 99.99%, C-130J transport WIP.
  • Cargo parachutes and elimination of collisions with CH-49 Mohawk stationary flight.

Other things... Everything depends on the time, so forgive me that I'll not answered for your questions at this time.

Can you explain the "automatically add vehicles..." point? Ta!

Dropped from my Mohawk using IgiLoad

Can you explain the "automatically add vehicles..." point? Ta!

Dropped from my Mohawk using IgiLoad

Vehicles that exist when the player connects and vehicles created during game will be initialized by IgiLoad. Without having to modify other scripts. There will be no need to initialize IgiLoad in editor. Just add one line to "init.sqf".

Will you ever be adding some sort of lift functionality with helicopters for transporting larger ground vehicles?

I was playing around with igiLoad today in anticipation for the C130 update and I think it would be great to have the ability to drag stuff. It would help when you need to menuevor stuff to load position. Can't wait until I can para drop mraps or humvees from C-130, how does the script handle new items and vehicles from mods?

Can it determine the size of vehicles automatically or will you make it so people can define the size of addon vehicles and items them selves.

I was playing around with igiLoad today in anticipation for the C130 update and I think it would be great to have the ability to drag stuff. It would help when you need to menuevor stuff to load position. Can't wait until I can para drop mraps or humvees from C-130, how does the script handle new items and vehicles from mods?

Can it determine the size of vehicles automatically or will you make it so people can define the size of addon vehicles and items them selves.

Gotta agree with you, dragging would be cool. Loading multiple objects in the same helicopter is a pain when you have to load them in a truck to get the to the helicopter.

New version 0.9.7 of IgiLoad is available. More information in the first post.

I was hoping I can finish this version earlier but I wanted to add a few things to make the C-130 Cargo did not fly empty :)

Edited by Igi_PL

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice!

I did notice one exception that you might put on your "to do" list. It's possible to remove the cargo without using IgiLoad to do it, although IgiLoad still thinks the cargo is in the vehicle.

Example: I used a CH-49 helicopter and Raven's "LIFTER" addon to pick a NATO ammo crate out of the back of a HEMTT that I had loaded earlier. When I got back in the HEMTT I still had the option to "Unload" the cargo. I'm not sure how often some one would really do this during a mission but a check to see if the cargo is still there might be handy, just in case.

Can you add static weapons?

Edited by Matosh

Would it be possible (without loads of work) to make this an addin and not have to add it into the mission?

Igi,

thanks a lot for your great work, quite amazing.

I would like to use our own vehicles as Supported_Vehicles but whenever I edit IgiLoad.sqf file by adding a classname, the script simply doesn't work anymore.

For example, when I simply edit that line

IL_Supported_Vehicles_MOHAWK = ["I_Heli_Transport_02_F"];

to that:

IL_Supported_Vehicles_MOHAWK = ["I_Heli_Transport_02_F", "B_Heli_Transport_02_F_tacops"];

No vehicle at all works anymore.

Would you have any advice here?

Nevermind, I was encoding the file in UTF-8 while it must be ANSI. ;)

By the way, whenever I unload anything from any vehicle around about 10m from a B_supplyCrate_F carte, a few minutes later the crate starts to burn (I assume that it's being damaged by some sort of "shockwave").

http://gyazo.com/baee306ff494a755187879b5fa0512a6.png (503 kB)

Edited by Kawa

Great Script. Would you be able to get these http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24845 working with it as well? (only the chinook should be able to anyway)

Glad I'm not the only one. I made an attempt at adding the CH-47F but the way it was scripted you really need to add a whole new set of IF statements for the Chinook.

Would be nice to have it added. +1

Great assets logistics script though, we use it in almost all our missions.

To add mod, which is just a skin change, just add a class to the appropriate array. With the addition of mod, which 3D model is not in Arma 3 may prove to be difficult.

thinking then, that's adding the chinnock to

// Supported vehicles? in SQF like this?

IL_Supported_Vehicles_Chinook = ["Chinook class name here"];

???

kennyleif - I saw that Tombguy5 wrote in this post (#31) to add a Chinook to IL_Supported_Vehicles_MOHAWK

Sorry ...nevertheless i like your script ...can't imagine to play arma without it ;-)

Only don't put out your cargo while hoovering.. the parachute of the dropped ammocrate deployed in our Mohawk and we were on the ground in notime ;-)

Syncie - Since version 0.9.7 this problem should no longer occur.

Folks who parachute out need to have their backpack stationed ventrally (on their chest) and be in control of when they pull the cord. In testing, they exit with the chute auto-deployed and this has a high tendency to break the tail-rotor.

This is a real issue if you go up to 3K, as then they are up there for a half hour.

Also, you don't seem to be able to load any assets in the back of the "covered" transports. Though, for things like radiation barrels and ammo caches, you might want to move those things while obfuscated.

Lastly, could we please get the ability to load a quad-bike (or something of that size) in the back of the the Civilian Truck and Civilian Offroad?

Incomitatum - Parachute jump is part of the usable ramp. This is the latest functionality and originally was designed to help exit from CH-49 to the roof of the building and to provide troops without landing in a hot LZ. The functionality will be developed and eventually receive more configuration options.

Sorry for this stupid Questions :

How can i use this Mod ?

What I have to do to work with this Mod ?

I absolutely have no Idea of ​​Scripting.

Please, can Someone explain me that step by step ?

Regards

(ST6)Predator

Download and unpack script

Start up the editor

Place down a unit as player.

Save game as e.g: Igiloadtest

Alt tab to windows

Go to 'my documents' and find the mission folder 'Igiloadtest' in the arma 3 other profiles folder.

Copy the IgiLoad folder you unpacked into the mission folder.

Go back to the game and place down the trucks or helis you want to enable the script for and copy this command into the init field: null=[this] execVM "IgiLoad\IgiLoad.sqf";

Place down some cargo you want to move around and have fun.

It's about time you try out a script if you've been around since 2007 btw :)

(ST6)Predator - I'm sorry I did not answer your question. Bullet Purveyor overtook me and well described it.

Bullet Purveyor - Thank you.

Will you ever be adding some sort of lift functionality with helicopters for transporting larger ground vehicles?

Phronk - I consider such an option. I do not have clear plans with this.

Gotta agree with you, dragging would be cool. Loading multiple objects in the same helicopter is a pain when you have to load them in a truck to get the to the helicopter.

PenguinInATuxedo and X hunter33 - I prefer forklift, but I can not find any. I do not want to just give the option to drag all types of cargo. Some of them are just too hard. To facilitate the transhipment between vehicles will try to connect them in some way.

Nice!

I did notice one exception that you might put on your "to do" list. It's possible to remove the cargo without using IgiLoad to do it, although IgiLoad still thinks the cargo is in the vehicle.

Example: I used a CH-49 helicopter and Raven's "LIFTER" addon to pick a NATO ammo crate out of the back of a HEMTT that I had loaded earlier. When I got back in the HEMTT I still had the option to "Unload" the cargo. I'm not sure how often some one would really do this during a mission but a check to see if the cargo is still there might be handy, just in case.

Oktyabr - I call it stealing of cargo. Currently, unload options must be used several times. It all depends on what size load was.

Would it be possible (without loads of work) to make this an addin and not have to add it into the mission?

JamesSaga - As I have written in the post (#48). I have no plans on Addon.

...Nevermind, I was encoding the file in UTF-8 while it must be ANSI. ;)

By the way, whenever I unload anything from any vehicle around about 10m from a B_supplyCrate_F carte, a few minutes later the crate starts to burn (I assume that it's being damaged by some sort of "shockwave").

http://gyazo.com/baee306ff494a755187879b5fa0512a6.png (503 kB)

Kawa - Nice to hear that everything is working. The problem with burning chest is a result of collisions with other objects. From the tests I know that chests: "B_supplyCrate_F", "IG_supplyCrate_F", "O_supplyCrate_F", "I_supplyCrate_F" have incorrect BoundingBox - height 25 meters. If one chese tip over and you put another chest in this area this can cause a collision.

EDIT:

stoffl and Hazey - I'll try. Weekend plans: "Royal Canadian Airforce", "Arma 2 US Helicopters import" and some humvee (if I get time for all)

Edited by Igi_PL

Good to know, thank you Igi.

The problem with burning chest is a result of collisions with other objects. From the tests I know that chests: "B_supplyCrate_F", "IG_supplyCrate_F", "O_supplyCrate_F", "I_supplyCrate_F" have incorrect BoundingBox - height 25 meters. If one chese tip over and you put another chest in this area this can cause a collision.

This is a BIS problem with object??? Is there a ticket on this anywhere? Maybe they would fix it if they knew about it :)

This is a BIS problem with object??? Is there a ticket on this anywhere? Maybe they would fix it if they knew about it :)

This has not reported by me. This what I wrote to the Kawa is just my conjecture. There is a bigger problem, which makes it difficult to use the script (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17310). Other errors can be work around or prevent their occurrence. In time, I will report more errors.

EDIT:

Thank you Oktyabr

Edited by Igi_PL

This has not reported by me. This what I wrote to the Kawa is just my conjecture. There is a bigger problem, which makes it difficult to use the script (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17310). Other errors can be work around or prevent their occurrence. In time, I will report more errors.

Thanks. Voted up. :)

Will the Hellcat be able to lift cargo as well in any future updates? Also, I don't think weapons, ammo crates, or supply crates can be loaded onto the Mohawk (can only get quadbike to get loaded). Could be wrong though.

Will the Hellcat be able to lift cargo as well in any future updates? Also, I don't think weapons, ammo crates, or supply crates can be loaded onto the Mohawk (can only get quadbike to get loaded). Could be wrong though.

Hellcat - Yes in future.

CH-49 Mohawk, MH-9 and C-130J will explode do to this problem http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17310. I wrote about it in the first post (in Changelog v0.9.7) after adding the C-130J.