Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Prior to save&exit client put his assets in vehicle so that on resume of save he could retrieve them. I do have the C:\Users\Marc\AppData\Local\Arma 3\ Arma3_x64_2017-04-07_17-25-21.rpt which is almost 122000 lines long. Is this the only RPT you are referring to?

We will restart a new game with logs enabled on both server and client this weekend and see if we can reproduce no clothes on client and share RPT's.

Cool. Yes, that is the RPT I need from both PCs. Perhaps there's also something in the servers RPT on the server, not sure, may be used only for dedi (?). 122000 is really big, makes me wondering, what's going on there. :)

Partz and I tried to recreate client spawn no clothes (no mods and with mods). We didn't venture into the game at all just started a game, spawned, respawned (killed self) and tried resuming the save&exit game. We could not get client to spawn with no clothes but the problem does exist.

At one point during our testing we encountered this. This happened to server group leader.

Arma3_x64_2017_04_08_16_03_32_936.jpgimage ru

Myself and another person were playing your lastest COOP Altis and did experience this issue. My RPT's are flooded with TPW errors making them very large files so IMO making it confusing to diagnose. What happens though while I was serving I spawned first (resume of a save) and could see that the client had his clothes on, as soon as the client took control/spawned in, the clothes would disappear. Wish there was a mod that would retain players current loadout on resume.

Well, I said that already and and'll say again: if scripting is a proper science with reliable, repetitive results, then MP scripting is some narco-voodoo-hippie-alchemy. Or, if regular scripting is classical physics, then MP scripting becomes quantum physics mumbo-jumbo. Thanks for reports. :)

• Like 2

as I always play insane or very hard setting, I always respawn without a single thing and need to get all the stuff back from my previous body (sounds like narco-voodoo-hippie thing too ) :tounge_o::whistle:

• Like 1

Yeah, and I've read some time ago somewhere on the internets, so to make Pilgrimage a coop all, what's needed is making second character playable (and I'm not doing that only because I'm lazy). If only it was as true, as it isn't... Well, except that being lazy part, because I am, in a way, and that's why scripts was so appealing to me in the first place. 

Meanwhile Happy Easter to all celebrating. 

Happy Easter to you all too.

Off on two week visit to Oklahoma.

Hi, is there a version of the mission in Russian? and with the mod rhs?

if there is no Russian language, can I translate? in what file to place the text? thanks in advance)

Hi. 

Check first post for unofficial editions:  a2012v's edition (v2016-08-05). AFAIK it is Russian, didn't checked though. If you want to translate to any language - feel free to do so, but texts are scattered among several files, so not that convenient. 

As for RHS mod (any properly made mod, that doesn't cause config errors on screen in fact) - just play with it, and units, vehicles and equipment from that mod will be automatically included (blended together with vanilla stuff). 

Thank you very much! To what files need to be translated?

Well, majority of text content is in the JRInit.sqf, but honestly all the sqf files in the main directory longer, than few lines and those in the RYD_JR most likely will contain at least one or more sentences to translate. Code wasn't designed for translations, thus not convenient dispersion, so I'm affraid one way or another you'll need just open every file and go through it looking for sentences. 

and where to translate menu, briefings? also with these files?

GUI.hpp for menu's titles, buttons, tooltips and such and Init.sqf for combo boxes content (names of the options to choose).

replace the words in quotation marks, and in the end, or the mission does not start, or put a blank space. Maybe you should open the settings to add Russian? (Latin, Cyrillic) I'm just a beginner

Replacing "whatever is inside quotation marks" will not break the mission, unless you "put another " quotation mark inside". Most likely you made some syntax error - deleted something necessary, like simicolon or quotation mark or added something that shouldn't be there, like redundant mark. You have to be very cautious to avoid such mistakes when dealing with the code.

Hello Guys

I'm working on an update of Tanoa Edition, bringing the latest improvements of Pilgrimage to the missions.

-SP runs fine and in testing

-MP has big issue as "client" doesn't stop to wait on "receiving data" and game seems to be frozen, I have to check the whole scripts and folder to try to find the issue.

did you see a new version of CBA_A3 is available today ???

changelog is interesting:

Changelog:
v3.3.0.170502
ADDED: Function to ....
FIXED: CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler broken for respawning units (#622) PabstMirror
FIXED: A inconsistency with the initPost eventhandler (#628) commy2
FIXED: ....

this might explain some respawn issues in the MP game for now.
as we focused on Pilgrimage MP scripting possible issue where the matter might be from CBA_A3.

I'll try to test this asap.

take good care of all of you.

15 minutes ago, rsoftokz said:

did you see a new version of CBA_A3 is available today ???

The latest update of CBA has broken save games for me and I am unable to load or resume saved games that were saved after the update. Either use an older version, or do without CBA and any mods that depend on it, until they fix it. Unfortunately that includes TPW Mods.:down:

my saves run perfectly after the update.

but I don't use TPW....

:eh:

1 hour ago, rsoftokz said:

my saves run perfectly after the update.

but I don't use TPW....

:eh:

CBA was fixed and updated 4 hrs ago.

36 minutes ago, alky_lee said:

CBA was fixed and updated 4 hrs ago.

I actually run the one edited last wednesday, I didn't know it was updated 4 hours ago ;) 

4 minutes ago, rsoftokz said:

I actually run the one edited last wednesday, I didn't know it was updated 4 hours ago ;) 

Old saves would have worked, as would an older version of CBA. The only problem was with saves made with version 3.3.0 of CBA which caused blank data in the save file and caused the crash when trying to load the save.

I have checked the updated version (3.3.1) and saves are working normally again. Normal service has been resumed.