Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

A storm is coming (Arma 3 Zeus DLC)

Because it lends itself well to the sandbox nature of the game? Because it's fairly innovative? Because it could be fun?

There are three reasons. Hope this helps!

Agreed. I see the same kind of negative comments each times someone wants to do something else than über realistic mods or the 1000th iterations of M16 ("What ? You'de doing a Roman/Napoleonic/Sci Fi mod ? WTF, go and play RTW or Warband instead").

Agreed. I see the same kind of negative comments each times someone wants to do something else than über realistic mods or the 1000th iterations of M16 ("What ? You'de doing a Roman/Napoleonic/Sci Fi mod ? WTF, go and play RTW or Warband instead").

Yeah, I love ArmA and the military realism, but sometimes I do wish there were more sci-fi mods for the game, like Mechwarrior-inspired or something. Could be really awesome with the huge maps.

Yeah, I love ArmA and the military realism, but sometimes I do wish there were more sci-fi mods for the game, like Mechwarrior-inspired or something. Could be really awesome with the huge maps.

*cough* Planetside 2 *cough*

Yeah but, I'd rather play a game minus the MMO and microtransaction stuff. ;)

With all due respect....

I think ArmA could do planetside better, than planetside does planetside.

With the exception of the MMO aspect of course.

Also, I just gave Planetside 2 a try yesterday for the first time, and I'm not super impressed. It's alright but I think a mod in ArmA 3 could potentially do it better. I mean, look at the Mechwarrior: Living Legends mod in Crysis Wars...Imagine that on a huge map like Altis.

Because it lends itself well to the sandbox nature of the game? Because it's fairly innovative? Because it could be fun?

There are three reasons. Hope this helps!

Exactly. I don't know why so many people are complaining about Zeus, saying "why is this in arma" and such, because it really does lend itself to the sandbox nature of the game, as you said. We all bitch about the AI, and now when you can finally have a gamemaster that can make the AI think more strategically, people bitch more? I don't really understand, to be honest.

I can see a great PVP potential in this. How about this: Every team gets their own Zeus, who acts like a HQ. The HQ only sees their side as icons and has limited resources to spawn new vehicles etc. It's actually possible via editor to limit the area which a certain Zeus can edit so they could spawn units only to the head quarters, bit like in RTS games. The HQs are given tasks to complete to gain more resources to spend on spawning stuff. For example OPFOR team (with their Zeus) has conquered a village that BLUFOR now has to take back. If successful, the BLUFOR Zeus gets a specific amount of resource currency to spend on new items. How about the Zeus has to disable AA sites of the enemy to get access to choppers? Such possibilities, no?

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. You may want to check this out: www.playdefiance.com/rules/

With all due respect....

If we could ever get that many players onto Altis with no lag...

With all due respect....

Not with the current multiplayer performance it wouldn't... 100 players on my screen? No thanks!

this game just changed with time and people that are playing, in the ofp days we had everything you can imagine, but not many want to use addons and bis dosnt give many things to chose from, but it was like that sence the beginning.

what bis did give us is an option to build, play ,mod anything you want... you ll just need people that are willing to use your addons.

my sever is addon free because I know if I add any addons I wont get any players ... opppps sorry I babbled on and on ...tierd.