Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2472 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 00:30 #1

DATA

• There is a storm coming.

Ok gonna put it out there!

Posted Image

What the fuck is this meant to mean? Please don't refer to the picture on twitter, we all know about this. Postulate and speculate, but please keep it in the realms of sensibility, if you can!! :D

Edited by dale0404, 11 February 2014 - 00:34.

Posted Image

L etranger
L etranger

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 746 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 00:38 #2

Is weather & time finally perfectly MP sync and JIP ?

JamesSaga
JamesSaga

Sergeant

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 00:56 #3

It will be a large scale combined arms game type that will be able to handle a 100+ players due to the network bubble thing being ported from Dayz.
My guess but just saying, I called it :)

Benjamin1
Benjamin1

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:07 #4

Oh I love wild guesses!, so a Storm *wags chin*... what about the Israeli modified f-16 nicknamed 'Sufa' which means storm in Hebrew ?
nah don't think so, my best guess is, since the thunder sounds were recently updated(prepared), the coming storm must have a relation(coming from that direction) with that.
I washed ashore with just a spoon and a dream...

Varanon
Varanon

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1292 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:13 #5

Here we go again. Rumor mill is churning away, expectation is rising, and when it's finally there, most people will see that it was not what they expected.

Buy yeah, go ahead and call me a hater again.

thani '82
thani '82

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:16 #6

Hurricanes/Typhoons force winds simulated in game? Deadly or damaging lightning bolts? Must be something weather related.. Perhaps tsunami's, since BIS referred to ancient underwater city-site once being above sealevel, thus another major rising sea level event? IDK.. Just guessing like crazy.. Alternatively I have a hunch it has to do with artillery.. Kinda like steel hail raining down.. Or it could be something like catching a cold due to the weather, thus decreasing your combat capability? Could be anything really... I rather wait and see, but not before I had my chance on a bit of wild speculations being thrown into the fray.. :D Have fun guys.

Edited by Thani '82, 11 February 2014 - 01:17.
typo..

nicolasroger
nicolasroger

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:25 #7

Red Alert style tesla coils!
Specs:
Spoiler

smurf
smurf

Chief Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 3671 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:26 #8

Storm. Sh*t storm, no matter what.

"THAT was the great announcement?" "You should spend more time on fixing the game yadayada" "This isn't Arma" ......

antoineflemming
antoineflemming

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2852 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:42 #9

Not getting my hopes up on a new MP mode. I don't really play A3 MP so it's not something I'm hyped about. A storm is coming? Well, that'd be an MP game that probably is themed around some sort of superstorm, and you have to survive the storm as well as the enemy. Yeah, sounds like SuperTruite's ArmAgeddon. That's my guess.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
| Mediterranean Operations Addon | LION OF THE CASPIAN Expansion Pack |

System Specs:
Spoiler

Kerc Kasha
Kerc Kasha

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:04 #10

Here we go again. Rumor mill is churning away, expectation is rising, and when it's finally there, most people will see that it was not what they expected.

Buy yeah, go ahead and call me a hater again.

I really wish they'd stop doing it, it only serves to undermine their work as people expect for something it will never be and then get disappointed when if they were open about the actual content from the beginning people might actually be genuinely excited for it instead of being excited for something that doesn't actually exist.

-=seany=-
-=seany=-

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1607 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:06 #11

Looks like a point capturing PVP game mode (basically BF Conquest)...probably called "Something Storm" etc.

Lightning looks nice.
Vote for these Bugs
Spoiler

PC Spec:
Spoiler

dnk
dnk

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:34 #12

Mosquito storm.

They're going to implement mosquito models in the game to add to the insect life.

Get yer bugspray.

froggyluv
froggyluv

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 6051 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:31 #13

It's obvious lads. That lightning strike can only mean 1 thing. They've hit the Optimize button.

Artisanal
Artisanal

Sergeant

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:28 #14

Lightning bolt -> Zeus -> Greek gods -> Altis/Stratis -> See waddamean ? :cool: (I surely don't)

Hurricanes/Typhoons force winds simulated in game? Deadly or damaging lightning bolts? Must be something weather related.. Perhaps tsunami's, since BIS referred to ancient underwater city-site once being above sealevel, thus another major rising sea level event? IDK.. Just guessing like crazy.. Alternatively I have a hunch it has to do with artillery.. Kinda like steel hail raining down.. Or it could be something like catching a cold due to the weather, thus decreasing your combat capability? Could be anything really... I rather wait and see, but not before I had my chance on a bit of wild speculations being thrown into the fray.. :D Have fun guys.

You are referring to this, aren't you ?

[FOXHOUND] Azza
[FOXHOUND] Azza

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:06 #15

Adding mosquitoes? I thought they already did that with the opfor AI.

Well i remember the devs saying that they were having an amusing time testing it, or something like that. I kinda hope its not crazy lightning that destroys shit coz that wouldnt be realistic. How often does a lightning bolt strike close to you irl...

heres hoping to optimized mp( although with my new rig i have no complaints anymore), some content and more game modes.

CrazyBaron
CrazyBaron

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:28 #16

probably called "Something Storm"

Hardware Storm

windies
windies

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 708 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:42 #17

I wouldn't get my hopes up about optimization though it does kinda drive home the old saying "putting the cart before the horse". I just expect it to be some niche futuristic game mode revolving around capturing zones or flags ala Battlefield Conquest style. Honestly not getting my hopes up or anticipating much else. Would be nice to be surprised though.

MadDogX
MadDogX

Mindless F@nb0!

• 9050 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:51 #18

I wouldn't get my hopes up about optimization though it does kinda drive home the old saying "putting the cart before the horse". I just expect it to be some niche futuristic game mode revolving around capturing zones or flags ala Battlefield Conquest style. Honestly not getting my hopes up or anticipating much else. Would be nice to be surprised though.

^^ All of this.

Anyone hoping for some massive game changing update is only setting themselves up for disappointment. Honestly, I wish BI would simply announce what they are doing instead of trying to create some big mystery around it.

Gigabyte Z97-HD3 Motherboard | Intel Core i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz | NVidia GTX 970
16GB G-Skill Ripjaws 2133MHz RAM | Kingston HyperX SSD | be Quiet! 750W PSU

Sniperwolf572
Sniperwolf572

Chief Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 3062 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:51 #19

I wonder what scenario allows a lightning bolt to catastrophically destroy a tank. :P More future magic I suppose.
Posted Image

B00tsy
B00tsy

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 901 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:54 #20

It will be a large scale combined arms game type that will be able to handle a 100+ players due to the network bubble thing being ported from Dayz.
My guess but just saying, I called it :)

I don't think I can handle 100+ kids voices through my headset.

Edited by B00tsy, 11 February 2014 - 07:57.