Sign in to follow this  
bilu90

Scar-Armadeus Mod

Hi everyone,

I'm working on Scar-H, will follow the Scar-L and the other member of the family.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/960x540q90/7/198i.png (208 kB)

But I have a problem in texturing; I'm using Blender to unwarp and a place the texture then import it (.obj) in Oxygen, no problem for the moment. But when I try it in Arma III, I have a error message :" Can't load the texture "

So I do something wrong ( "you don't say ..." ) but what ?

This is how I proceed :

_Apply texture in blender with a PNG or JPEG image

_Export the textured weapon in.Obj

_Convert the Jpeg or PNG in a .paa format with the same name and put it in the data file of wepaon.

_use Oxygen

_use binPBO personal edition

Could you please tell me what am I wrong ?

PS: This isn't a import from ARMA II in ARMA III. 2 or 3 mods offer already a scar but i'm trying tho have the most accurate representation of the FN SCAR(belgium).

Hey Bilu90, EricJ had this texture not showing in A3 problem and lt Thomas had the fix -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170181-EricJ-Release-thread&p=2591478&viewfull=1#post2591478

Maybe it´s the same problem... and don´t forget to add compactibility with ASDG rail system for a good attachment usage ;)

cheers!

Ok Thank you, I think this solve my problem. I'll try it

Nothing change ... :'(

Buldozer load the image but without texture ... and in game i have a message "can't load texture"

Another idea ?

in oxygen press ctrl+a (select all) > press E > select the texture

if you have the texture in .paa anyway, I wouldn't know why not to do the above

what are the texture's dimensions? and have you tried it without the 'enable texture merging' enabled?

I think your textures may be the wrong dimension. try resizing to 512x512 at least I think

It works, don't ask me how, it works ... i change nothing ... The mysteries of the infomatic

I try multiple things to discover what I do to solve the problem : I have the same texture on my weapon and to select all the weapon I used mouth, don't do that, select all with "ctrl + a".