Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 2: Combined Operations

Huh, no idea then. I guess I'll delete and reinstall Iron Front from Steam, and try the patch via Play with Six.

Well, this sounds like exactly the same problems that I did run into before...

It's best to delete what you have by now and start over new...

At first you'll need to make sure that your Arma2 OA is patched to 1.62 (even if you run a beta, the game itself needs to get patched here) and your IF version is patched to 1.05.

After that start the conversion process.

And after that, install the community patch 1.06 into the converted Version of IF.

Now you actually should be good to go.

Greetz.

Delete what? All of my Iron Front stuff? Also, this may be a silly question to ask, but seeing as I'm booting the game with the 1.63 patch (I have used it to replace the beta executable). Do you think it's that change that's breaking the mod for me? Because I seem to follow all of the instructions (even in video) and bam, no dice.

You need to delete all Iron Front related modfolders in the A2:OA game folder:

• @IF
  • @IFA3M
  • @IF_Other_Addons
  • @LIB_DLC_1

Upload your rpt log file.

but seeing as I'm booting the game with the 1.63 patch

Run what you have without the 1.63 as the whole conversion process requires Arma2Co patched to 1.62, so its looking for 1.62, and Iron front v 1.05

I got a p3d error on the Staszów map, unfortunately the printscreen function refused to function. I'll try to re-produce the bug.

edit

8zlbf6.png

whenever I scroll over one of the towns on the map. Seems to be an issue with this particular structure, or maybe a mispatched effect? Though tbh I didn't try this map before the 1.07 patch

Edited by Pulstar

I changed the exe for OA to 1.62, and I am getting the same issues. Here is my rpt file. I have no idea why this is not working..

EDIT: Solved it. All of my issues were due to the fact the OA executable was 1.63. I assume by the patch looking for a 1.62 to a 1.63 botched the patching.

Edited by Foffy

Your IronFront is not patched to 1.06/1.07. Apply them manually again or run PWS.

I figured it out. It all had to do with the OA exe. I do have a minor question, though. Is there a way to use the Iron Front content with more of the vanilla ArmA II stuff? For example, the animations. I prefer the ones in ArmA II over the ones in IF, so would there be a way to use the IF content in relation to these animations? IF also seems to break a few other mods as well, but I assume this is because of this 'overriding' process, but that's a clear given as this is essentially a totally different game.

@ Foffy

Iron Front in Arma 2 uses 99,9% of the A2:CO animations. So it seems your issues are coming from another addon or your setup is faulty.

I understand the animations are similar, but using IF in ArmA II results in the running with a weapon animation being the one from IF, where the gun is held in a way to where it's by the hip with weapons like the M4, which is not how it is in ArmA II. It actually replaces the animation for non-IF content with this. Is there a way to overwrite it with ArmA II's animations in such a case?

I understand the animations are similar, but using IF in ArmA II results in the running with a weapon animation being the one from IF, where the gun is held in a way to where it's by the hip with weapons like the M4, which is not how it is in ArmA II. It actually replaces the animation for non-IF content with this. Is there a way to overwrite it with ArmA II's animations in such a case?

Just double tap your left ctrl key to get out of the IFL44 low weapon aim stance.

Fired up the editor, playing as a german platoon. No speech that I can hear. is this proper?

Hello!

I´ve got this weird problem,when I´m going to start any updates I get a message saying that I don´t have Arma installed? IF worked before? Any clues? Is it something with the OA .exe?

Thanks.

;2606031']Please provide more details Tonner:

1) How to do you start it?

2) Upload rpt log file: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma.RPT

3) Upload log files from Play withSIX: https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix/topics/where_can_i_find_the_log_files

4) Run exe with admin permissions

Thanks! It works now, reinstalled arma oa and some stuff. But now I dont seem to find the new soldiers (Jaegers etc..) in the editor? I,ve got the patches up to 1.08. Any ideas?

Finally tried this, outstanding work i have to say! Many dancing bananas on you :yay: