This project has the agreement of all involved parties:
- AWAR (developers of Iron Front)
- X1Software (managing director)
- Bohemia Interactive (engine licensor)
- DeepSilver (publisher)
Logo by Lennard
Iron Front in Arma 3 - Trailer by EvroMalarkey
Iron Front in Arma 3 - Trailer by Metalvenom
Random impressions (alpha footage) by Fabio_Chavez
What is Iron Front
It is a tactical shooter video game set in World War II Eastern Front built by AWAR - a group of former OFP and Arma modders.
It was released mid last year as a standalone game using the Real Virtuality 3 engine also powering Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead.
- Four outstanding terrains of different size
- A large variety of very high quality and historically accurate units, weapons and vehicles
- A German and Russian singleplayer campaign across eight missions in an authentic setting
- Advanced gameplay features like the high level tank simulation, gun towing and artillery system or the realistic mine system
- Great gameplay with its low tech world war 2 setting
Recommended videos to give you some more insights about Iron Front:
- MP mode "Blitzkrieg" - official teaser by Kenwort
- Weapons and infantry by Sibiluss
- Armor and tanks by Sibiluss
- Exclusive gameplay preview by SideStrafe
- Multiplayer gameplay by SideStrafe
- Exclusive units, settings and maps preview by fusionpoo
- Exclusive unexpected visit, air scenario preview by fusionpoo
- Exclusive tank armor preview by fusionpoo
What is Iron Front in Arma
Thanks to kju developing the conversion process with mikero's tools and Sickboy/DeadTomGC to provide an easy interface,
this project allows you to get the great content into Arma 3. In addition it allows to:
- Mod Iron Front
- Extend with your own addons
- Combine it with community made mods
- Play in the most recent Real Virtuality engine with continuing development
- In an alive and vivid gaming and modding community
- Improve and extend the base content with our huge 1.06 community patch
Click the image to visit the gallery. Images by Fabio Chavez and Lennard.
State of Arma 3 version
This is still an early version. However it should be fairly playable.
If you get client or server crashes, please submit all required files to BI at the Arma 3 feedback tracker.
Thanks to tierprot the German, Soviet, Polish and US units support the A3 clothing system. A few other retextures are still to come.
Thanks to Shvetz the weapons support the new A3 muzzle flashes, weapon effects and other new features.
Thanks to Fabio Chavez the terrains shine in the new A3 lighting and more to come.
Thanks to Fudge working planes with physX tech.
Thanks to tierprot most cars support PhysX tech!
Thanks to Shvetz most tanks support PhysX tech!
Thanks to LODU brand new US units!
We will support and continue to improve the Arma 3 version.
We also want to achieve as good compatibility as feasible with other mods - ie. Invasion 1944.
For @IFA3 applies:
Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 4.0 License (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)
For @IFA3SA applies:
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
APL-SA: Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)
This work is licensed under a Arma Public License Share Alike:
For all other content the original Iron Front license applies as part of the game itself!
Download and play
Note: You may not redistribute the mod version. Otherwise you might face legal action by the publisher!
How can you assist
- Try it and play it
- If you like it, tell your friends or reddit
- Promote it with screenshots or videos
- Mod it - new missions, modify it and create new addons
- Join the team to help further improve it
- Give feedback and report issues (see howTo first)
- Vote in the Arma 3 feedback tracker for AiA related issues: #15587 and #12659
- Anything else you can think of being useful
If you appreciate our efforts, the huge amount of time went into this and want contribute financially,
you can buy the game via our affiliate link or you can donate:
Edited by .kju [PvPscene], 08 January 2015 - 17:14.