alduric

@A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack

I had a look into the blocky particles... I found why

The entire CA and CA_E addons are in the mod files, part of which includes the particle stuff for arma 2 and OA, this is whats causing it. After I removed all the particle stuff things stopped breaking.

Great work !!

But... it's not possible to use this Mappack with verification on a dedi !! Bikey dont working properly, can make a screenshot !! :(

Regards, Phantom

I'd like to note that UI elements are also breaking as there are configs redefining base classes.

I do sure hope that these updates can come in a patch. I haven't exactly got the best internet and it would suck (to put it bluntly) to have to re-download all of this great mod.

+1 here, serveradmins need to upload the whole mod, and reupload 5 GB for a patch that would take a few MB is quite hard.

it took me 8 hours to get the mod on our server.

Great stuff and kudos to everyone involved, nice to see such friendly co-op between you addon wizards!

Also thanks to rundll.exe for the torrent since now I have a chance of grabbing it thru my thin pipe. Hope performance will be up in MP compared to Altis!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Ok, tried all the maps.

Great work so far.

Now some issues I came across:

-Still Waters like small lakes are black. Only if you get really close you can see the texture.

-Some ground textures (check Utes, man!) are really bad.

-I get the feeling that you reduced the amount of grass displayed/ the height of grass. Although this might be my personal perception.

-Some problems with adding the new fog. The system doesn't work as it should on these maps. Still running tests on this.

-Larger Citys on Cherno are a little bit laggy. Not bad fps, but sudden drops for one frame and then back to normal. Most likely due to my hardware or the new engines texture streaming or similar, but I thoght I could mention it.

-Empty Groups are displayed along with a config error whenever opening groups in the editor. Most likely the Arma 2 configs.

To really enjoy these maps, you have to add a proper colorCorrection imo. But then it is just fine. ^^

Upon further review, it seems most all the arma 2 custom maps work in arma 3 with this mod installed. I lost some valuable sleep time last night running around Clafghan, Lingor, FATA, and Sangin in addition to the stock arma 2 maps. Thanks a ton for all your hard work!

Edited by Banky

Okay small update guys.

- There is problem with keys, no idea what the hell - It was working while tests.

- Particles problems are solved, smokes / flares looks okay now.

- Im working on A3 Sky now.

- Wierd grass range visiblity fixed.

Edited by Alduric

I'm currently downloading the 4.31gb package.. please tell me the update posted above can be downloaded as a small hotfix.:D

Yes, it will be as hotfix and full download in new version.

I had a look into the blocky particles... I found why

The entire CA and CA_E addons are in the mod files, part of which includes the particle stuff for arma 2 and OA, this is whats causing it. After I removed all the particle stuff things stopped breaking.

Well this really sucks in this mod..but where do i find the files i need to delete?

Greetz, Don!

Yes, it will be as hotfix and full download in new version.

That's a good news.

Well this really sucks in this mod..but where do i find the files i need to delete?

Greetz, Don!

Nowhere, you have to wait for fix or it will be unusable in multiplayer for you :) be patience its already fixed in version 1.1 ( ETA soon )

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

Okay small update guys.

- There is problem with keys, no idea what the hell - It was working while tests.

- Particles problems are solved, smokes / flares looks okay now.

- Im working on A3 Sky now.

ADD: - Wierd grass range visiblity fixed.

Biggest present this christmas^^

But I noticed a lack of some plants.

Just to let you know.. :P

Keep up the VERY good work! :-)

Other than seeing some of the same bugs that have already been mentioned, when I'm in Chernarus there is a little brown dash always on my screen (middle of screen and little to the left).

This is caused by CBA but no one seems to know why (appears on Koplic island, other converted A2 islands).

Upon further review, it seems most all the arma 2 custom maps work in arma 3 with this mod installed. I lost some valuable sleep time last night running around Clafghan, Lingor, FATA, and Sangin in addition to the stock arma 2 maps. Thanks a ton for all your hard work!

Oh God now I'm screwed!!! :p

Thanks to torrent mirrors much appreciated.

Also I think someone else mentioned it but putting this mod on PWS / Six-Updater network would be a great idea if only because of the delta updating (when you release an update users just download the changes since the last update instead of the entire mod)

Alduric. I must say bloody fuckin marvellous!

For me the lakes etc aren't black but do go through some interesting colours as you fly by (including blood red) and do stand out quite noticeably, I really like it though.

The dash on the screen thing doesn't show up on takistan but does on cherno for some reason, maybe a clue in there why it is showing on certain maps and not others for the CBA guys to look into.

And lastly a great big THANK YOU.

Good work Alduric. I do have a question though, will this mod have workable lights in cities etc. I'm sorry if this has been already answered or is already present but I haven't yet tried the mod because of work related reasons.

Okay guys, in next hour i start work on next update 1.1:

- Update will be fresh uploaded as 1.1 in 3 parts.

- Upate will be uploaded as patch for those who have 1.0 version.

- There is problem with keys, no idea what the hell - New ones will be added to 1.1

- Particles problems are solved, smokes / flares looks okay now on all A2 maps.

- I will try implement A3 Sky, but there are few little problems - i will do my best.

- Wierd grass range visiblity is fixed and looks okay now.

I'd like to rent download server for this mod cuz many many many maaaany ppl have problems with downloading, there are many server overload problems, so i decided to run donations via paypal - Click Even 0,5 euro can help me and community to easy get filles.

Update coming probably tonight.

v1.1 Is major update to fix visual problems. Next updates will add new stuff like lights in cities etc.

Id like to answer for all your questions, you can spam me via Facebook or Steam. Here on forum i have full msg box in 10mins :) so its hard to send me a msg atm.

Thx for addon, but when try to start mission - dedicated server created on Takistan map server rpt shows: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.takistan

but Mod is enabled otherwise mission won't be created..., it is only problem with dedicated server, from game I can host it OK.

Thx for addon, but when try to start mission - dedicated server created on Takistan map server rpt shows: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.takistan

but Mod is enabled otherwise mission won't be created..., it is only problem with dedicated server, from game I can host it OK.

We played a lot of missions on this mod before public release, im sure its not the mod problem. Are you sure you have uploaded all files to server from 3 parts?

Okay guys, in next hour i start work on next update 1.1:

- Update will be fresh uploaded as 1.1 in 3 parts.

- Upate will be uploaded as patch for those who have 1.0 version.

- There is problem with keys, no idea what the hell - New ones will be added to 1.1

- Particles problems are solved, smokes / flares looks okay now on all A2 maps.

- I will try implement A3 Sky, but there are few little problems - i will do my best.

- Wierd grass range visiblity is fixed and looks okay now.

I'd like to rent download server for this mod cuz many many many maaaany ppl have problems with downloading, there are many server overload problems, so i decided to run donations via paypal - Click Even 0,5 euro can help me and community to easy get filles.

Update coming probably tonight.

v1.1 Is major update to fix visual problems. Next updates will add new stuff like lights in cities etc.

Id like to answer for all your questions, you can spam me via Facebook or Steam. Here on forum i have full msg box in 10mins :) so its hard to send me a msg atm.

Good read thank you :)