Hey EricJ I have a few people willing test out things for you and give you amazing feed back on things. Most of the guys that do testing are Active Duty or retired Military. PM me if you are interested.

PM sent :)

I'll still keep on trucking with them don't worry.... I think after years of modding games I'm allowed a melt down every once in awhile :D

EDIT: Fixed the link (was typed in wrong... my bad) on Page 5.

Don't worry still plugging on it, working on a SCAR-GL as part of the added weapon:

wip70.jpg

Nice!

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

Ummm all the weapons in your pack have white textures, I don't know why

It says it cannot load the SCAR textures when you load into the game with them.

Edited by Kaxii

I don;t know what the problem is and I've nearly scratched my head off as well trying to figure out what the problem is. Could be that I'm using strictly Oxygen 2 but... I figure to export to p3d it shouldn't matter. I've only started to notice the problem (well everybody else does) and the only "fix" for now is to extract the PBO as is into your P: drive, if you have the Arma 3 Tools on Steam installed. If there is another work around then I'm open ears.

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

And I keep on forgetting to post this, but I'm getting texture loading errors, mainly RVMAT ones, so its like this:

If I move my original files to C: Yadda yadda\mod folder in Oxygen:

"Could not load P:\<String> xxx.rvmat"

If I move it to P: it reverses to C: textures not loading, so it;s like ping pong and what happens is that you the armaholic suffers because my addon looks jacked up. So it's not me that's the issue (they're mapped, maybe a peek at the p3d with a hex editor may answer some questions) it's... something.

And the next build... which I need to start numbering or labeling will feature fixed icons, I moved folders around and... yeah.

wip71.jpg

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/u100AC5.7z

-Fixed inventory icons, as well as some texture issues

Problems

- Ongoing texture issue, refer to above to "fix" the issue.

-One of these days, I'll fix the shadow lods

- SCAR-L EGLM standard model in the PBO, not configged yet.

wip72.jpg

Edited by EricJ

Which link? the one above works.

I'm getting that it's forbidden, and "The extension 7z is currently not supported by 50megs."

I just watched some vids and poked around in oxygen with some Arma 2 models and I can see how it's easy to get frustrated. Is there a good tutorial that you used to learn to port and set up these weapons?

Edited by Banky

Yeah... somewhere. Most of my configging takes place from Kiory's L85 which has source files. I use that as a template for all of my configs. It's clean and it works as a start. For the rest you'll have to look at his weapons in O2 and sort of do reverse-engineer the weapon as well.

I'll have to think of something else, I'll try zip then...

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials/lesson3/lesson3_b.htm

It's old but... it'll start pointing you in teh right direction.

Also I've had some experience with VBS1 so most of my skillz I dusted off, but I don't think it's an issue on my end anyway but... we'll see.

Edited by EricJ

That long barrel SCAR-L is a thing of beauty.

Have you tried posting your issue with the textures not showing up in some kind of addon help thread? I'm sure someone in the community knows how to figure it out or has had the issue before.

I'm seeing if it's a patch/game related issue. I've messaged someone I know on Facebook but he hasn't replied back.

////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/U100AC5.zip

//////////////////////////////////

Readme included.

Known issues

- Ze texture issue

- SHadow lods don't reflect the handgrips, will get to it.... soon.

Just tried everything out. Didn't notice any texture issues. SCARS looked and felt great. Nice work man. Only thing I could suggest is move the optics back just a little bit more, and replace the weird round end of the short scar h barrel and they will be perfect.

Ok.... I don't know what the issue was but it works... then that's well... Good! :D

I'll need a consensus on the top optic placement before I adjust it for everybody and everybody understand? If a consensus is reached then I'll move it back a bit as I don't personally like optics in my face, kinda like this:

wip65.jpg

The optic and light both work (Borrowed from Robert Hammer, optic is BIS and Jahve for the SureFire, I just imported them for a "old time" feel.

Also another thing man, the worst part is usually positioning the side accessory mount, as it requires a more finer touch than say.. the top slot or the barrel.

---------- Post added at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was at 00:12 ----------

I figure you want though a more Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter placement?

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

Update:

- Shadow Lods (all that needed it) were updated to reflect using the vertical grip.

That's 2 for move back.

---------- Post added at 01:31 ---------- Previous post was at 00:55 ----------

Okay working on the EGLM version but here's progress, got it in-game, just have to config it for GL use:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip77.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip78.jpg

Both pics show the absolute farthest back on the weapon (that looks decent) for those who wanted it moved back.

And if anybody knows the MX GL anim string I would appreciate it, it'll look better :)

---------- Post added at 01:50 ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 ----------

Update, EGLM workes, now I have to add classnames so it'll be more functional than just HE grenades.

That looks great. I will slay many enemies with your scars. Thanks for all the time and frustrations on this. Lol

Now for the ammobox, what would be a good number for the weapons?

Also... J-SERE has been helping with testing so with their feedback more changes/improvements will be in the works.

i think the optics should be over the mag-well as it being that far back doesn't look that good and too far forward is also the same along with both having problems with realism etc

Okay, 2 for move back

1 for keep it where its at.

EricJ, if you put the sight too backward, 2 awful effects will happen: the aimpoints will sufer "tunnel vision" and, when you attach the scopes, they will clip through the soldier face =P

As Kaxii said, the optics proxy should be just above the magwel =)

yesterday I´ve tried the latest version you´ve posted, and besides the fact that the weapons are still white, now they don´t have any recoil... =(

Funny... I used the Scar-L\H reocil values from Arma2

As for the Ultimaxes... they just don't have any recoil. One poster I saw from The Firearms Blog said that it didn't move an inch and that's the known issue with the weapon, which in my mind isn't bad :) I can find the image where they put it on their chin and fire a full mag without recoil so... it's fine.

Animations, some of the newer stuff I found:

Don't insert a mag, or "drop" it there will be no magazine in the well.

wip80.jpg

wip81.jpg

It's a new BIS animation that works fine :)

And it's tied for move back/keep above magazine well.

Edited by EricJ