I'll just go ahead and do it myself, no worries.

I did infact provide an image of what I was talking about, since nowhere on Earth is the "tan" colour on those arma 2 SCARs found.

Edited by Linkage

Duh... yeah you did and I can't access it due to not having a subscription, can you upload somewhere else?

rog on that.

In other news... been trying to recreate a breaching charge for personal (and maybe addon) but... I'm using VBS1 code and no worky, any references or addons I can use?

And also:

wip57.jpg

wip58.jpg

This is more of a proof of concept work more than anything.

And does somebody know how to config Joint Rails properly? I tried it and no worky.

---------- Post added at 01:13 ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 ----------

Got them, I'll see what I can do with them later on then.

---------- Post added at 02:13 ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 ----------

And since I've finally taken the time to work on the inventory pics to make them better:

wip59.jpg

I'll do the SCAR base with the pics from Linkage... tomorrow :)

First camo darkening test:

wip60.jpg

Hey mate, I dont mean to be rude in any fashion, but if I may add some information that can help you make the Ultimax 100 more realistic, The Ultimax 100 I have come across in the military actually dont use the beta C drum mags. It uses a drum mag that is similar in design to what the Tommy gun uses. Its a single circular 100 rnd drum mag, but due to bad magazine design, the 100 rnd drum mag caused alot of bullet feeding issue, resulting in weapon jamming, failure to feed, or double feeding. The Drum mag used by the U100 is exactly like this. http://www.armeetpassion.com/TARM/ultimax100.jpg

I do hope this info can actually be of some assistance to you and the development of your mod!

Knowledge based on being former Singapore Armed Forces/ Current Singapore Armed Forces Reserve

Cool I could use some help with it....

Fact of the matter is... this is an "Mk5" (or approximation) so it's going to have the Beta C-Mag on it. I'm not looking to go too in-depth with it as far as variants, etc. I may do some folded stock and "Compact" ones with M16 mags, but not looking to do that much, though I do have an old one with the molded forward grip handy.

Yeah I can see thats a MK5 variant, so I can understand why youre using a beta C mag. The model and everything looks great at the moment, but yeah, I agree that you should change the buttstock. As for the handgrip, you actually can use anything that fits a 20mm rail. Those Bipod foregrips kinda go well with this gun. Good luck with your mod!

Your new scar texture looks glorious. I dig it. Are you leaving the optics slot that far forward, or are you still working on that?

The optics slot for the weapon with the Aimpoint is a personal project, NOT a final weapon to be released. I just like my optics forward like that. The pictures on the previous pages show the location of the optic, which is slightly above the magazine well.

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

wip61.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip62.jpg

SCAR-L and -H in-game, with current mounting location for the optics slot.

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

Blackwater13:

I know it's basically a C-Mag readjusted but... if you can stomach it I can work on this (I had an "old" version around which I believe had a top rail?

wip63.jpg

I need to adjust the texture on the grip but good so far?

Well after trial and error for the day, the breaching charge is a no go. I don't have a good config to work off of so... that'll be put on the back burner.

Sad to hear it, would've been a gucci piece of kit to have.

You see what I mean now about the colouring of the SCAR? When it's made darker, even slightly dark brown or green it blends a lot better and looks a lot better overrall.

Looks great now, one question though. The SCAR pack ported recently by HotshotMike the SCAR L variants fired 7.62 instead of 5.56, is this corrected in your pack?

Yes... and no. The problem is that I need to create an ammo class for the 7.62 if running off of one config (which I am) so "it works" but it shows "5.56mm" for the SCAR-H, and for some other stuff I'm working on.

Yeah I spent the better portion of a day working on the charges but I can equip it, but can't plant it (which was my intent) like a mine near a door and blow it without blowing me up.

And yeah I'm tracking on the colors now ;)

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Linkage: Messed around with the classnames and got the "7.62mm" to show in the ammo field for the -H.

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Update: Majority of equipment images done, and after more image work, the shadows and LODs. Given the apparent Dev branch issue... has anybody had any issues with the stable branch?

Alright, I've been trying to get some custom anims worked out, but everytime I export I get this:

wip64.jpg

I've followed Zack Gibsons tutorial and this keeps on happening regardless of what I do....

And so those who care, the workflow is pure O2, with Zach's tutorial and another one I found as well...

But if there is somebody interested in animating (and is reliable) send me a PM or post here and we'll see what we can do.

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

Short update... figured out that the accessory slots are global for the config (as I understand it so far....) but the Mk4 cannot accept any accessories (top and side) as per the model. I still think the iron sight implementation is weird but.... you can shoot and hit targets with it.

Left to do:

- Get some lunch

- Work on shadow volumes

And I think I solved the texture bug issue for dev branch and hopefully my checker will see textures so I can feel better about my skills...

Good luck with this. I hope to see some good working SCAR varients out there. Hopefully you will add the shorter barrel versions. And add maybe a magpul angled foregrip like the ones on the MX rifles...

I already have the short barreled H and L working now, I just have to work on fixing the lods to reflect teh vertical grips. And as long as I have a good model anything's possible though I could make one but right now one thing at a time :)

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

But the main thing is to just unf##k the animation issue, then I'd be more inclined on other versions, etc.

The good news:

I have found out, along with Corporal_Lib[bR] why the textures are not working, the binarization process somehow removes them and screws up the filenames when using the new Addon Builder and BinPBO. Oh how I wish for the old PBO tools which.... worked fine with me at least

Anyway I'll upload an un-binarized version when 50megs decides to be nice and release it as is (still alpha, may be a beta now) and go from there.

In other news the old Ultimax stock WIP:

wip66.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip67.jpg

Well... since I can't figure out after a few hours what the issue is, I'm gonna have to keep them to myself as after a few hours my models can' show textures in-game it;s not worth the effort or trouble. Moderator delete topic please.

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

I mean shit that is suppose to work, doesn't. I mean how can you say that your game is moddable if you can't use it and it's broken???

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/U100.zip

-Issues Textures don't show (all)

- Shadow LOD: Not all SCARs show the handgrip shadow.

What I recommend is that you put the PBO in your Addons directory, THEN go to where you installed your Arma 3 Tools and unpack the PBO into a folder (Oygen) to get the textures working in-game until BIS fixes their own broken stuff.

If not maybe it just needs to be on your hard drive somewhere... but if you have the Tools installed put it on your P: drive.

Ultimax 100 Readme

Ultimax 100 and Textures: EricJ (Eric Johnson)

SCAR Models and Original Textures: Bohemia Interactive Studios (Arma2 ported weapons)

SCAR black textures: Sig [uSMC]

Original C-Mag textures and model: Jackal326

Classnames:

- Ej_u100 (Ultimax 100)

- Ej_u100sb (Ultimax 100 Short)

- Ej_u100old (Ultimax Mk4)

- Ej_scar (SCAR-L Short)

- Ej_scarblack (SCAR-L Short Black)

- Ej_scarstandard (SCAR-L)

- Ej_scarstandardblack (SCAR-L Black)

- Ej_scar_h_short (SCAR-H)

- Ej_scar_h_shortblack (SCAR-H Black)

- Ej_scar_longbarrel (SCAR-H Long barreled version)

- Ej_u100_equipbox (Empty>Ammo>Ultimax Weapons Box)

- U100_mag (100-round Beta C-Mag)

- Scar_mag (SCAR-L 30-round magazine)

- Scarh_mag (SCAR-H 20-round magazine)

Testing and QA:

- Corporal_Lib[bR]

Edited by EricJ

Hey Eric, Yeah this looks really really good right now. You did a fine job there mate. Now its starting to look like a mk3 variant. Love the solid buttstock on it. Your drum mag is tilted too far to the front though. It should be around 15 - 20 degrees to the front parallel to the flat surface of the upper receiver. Love the improvements. Keep it up!

The good news:

I have found out, along with Corporal_Lib[bR] why the textures are not working, the binarization process somehow removes them and screws up the filenames when using the new Addon Builder and BinPBO. Oh how I wish for the old PBO tools which.... worked fine with me at least

Anyway I'll upload an un-binarized version when 50megs decides to be nice and release it as is (still alpha, may be a beta now) and go from there.

In other news the old Ultimax stock WIP:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip66.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip67.jpg

I'll see what I can do and thanks! I only have angled views and most of the side views are with the 30-round magazine. I hope the recoil is close enough. I read on the Firearms blog from a "Jeremy" who said it didn't move an inch. There's some impulse but reoil? What recoil? :D

And aside from my earlier rant I'll just keep on pushing with it, I figure it has to do with a dev update as all of a sudden I'm getting rvmat errors when I didn't do anything to change them on some personal weapons

---------- Post added at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip68.jpg

This better?

Well oddly enough it calmed me knowing that A3 is currently broken as I tried to get my M38A1 Breaching charge.. working. Using Kiory's template I at least made it a mine to be placed but for some reason the BI Wiki doesn't have any info on how to setup a manual trigger through the action menu (i.e. "Touch off bomb") so it'll work. For now I use an old A2 model from the source pack but if anybody knows how to configure a mine or a charge.... PM me or paste the code here, but it's a small step for getting a small placeable (by the person, not on the map) charge for breaching doors or whatnot.