Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 112555 (1.63 build release, not backward compatible)

^ ^ Yes, you are doing something wrong. T-90 (green) thermals are working fine for me. Did you delete previous beta before installing new one?

Forgive me, but as a player I don't see any difference in this beta. ArmA2 units still can't use backpacks, AK recoil is still high, T-90 still has no thermals and so on. Am I doing something wrong, or were these issues not adressed.
Youre doing something wrong then...do you actually use the beta launcher from the arma2 root directory (version number will show in right lower corner and beta in right upper.

^ ^ Yes, you are doing something wrong. T-90 (green) thermals are working fine for me. Did you delete previous beta before installing new one?

Didn't use any betas before. And when you say "green", do you mean night vision? Because that's on the person, not the tank.

Youre doing something wrong then...do you actually use the beta launcher from the arma2 root directory (version number will show in right lower corner and beta in right upper.

And yes, launched from the beta directory, with the version number displaying 1.63.112555. Nowhere does it say beta though, not that I noticed.

Meanwhile I did go through the patch log and didn't see anywhere any mention of the issues aformentioned. That's why I'm checking here.

Didn't use any betas before. And when you say "green", do you mean night vision? Because that's on the person, not the tank.

I mean thermal vision on the T-90 gunner optics. You can use this command line to start beta:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

It should read "Version: 1.63.112555" at lower right on the startup menu screen, and "Expansion beta" at upper right, if the beta has been loaded properly.

Edited by OMAC

Nope, all it displays for me is the version number, no "Expansion beta".

Are you running that command line starting in "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"?

You should just be able to double-click on the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" shortcut in the Arma 2 directory.

Edited by OMAC

Are you running that command line starting in "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"?

You should just be able to double-click on the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" shortcut in the Arma 2 directory.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

Your command line didn't work, but it did make me go back and try the one in the readme again just to make sure. Woe and behold -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion did the trick now. I guess I messed something up previously, so I must take the blame for wasting your time. Thanks for your help.

I am disappointed the backpacks aren't visually represented on the soldiers as they are carrying them though, I hope that gets adressed before final release.

Your command line didn't work, but it did make me go back and try the one in the readme again just to make sure. Woe and behold -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion did the trick now. I guess I messed something up previously, so I must take the blame for wasting your time. Thanks for your help.

I am disappointed the backpacks aren't visually represented on the soldiers as they are carrying them though, I hope that gets adressed before final release.

I doubt it. But the ArmA 2 + OA MLODs are soon to be released so the community could always fix it :)

A2 USMC, Russians, independent guerrillas (NAPA?), OPFOR insurgents (Chedaki), and CDF cannot open added backpacks of others in their squad if the packs are being worn. Added backpacks are invisible in game if they are being worn by those factions (old A2 .p3ds having no proxies for a backpack). If backpacks are dropped, they are visible and can be accessed or taken by player and others in squad. Chedaki and some USMC units have visible, "built-in" backpacks which cannot be accessed by other squad members while being worn, and are not present in gear menus.

A2OA US Army, Independent Taki local guerrillas, and Taki militia have visible added backpacks which CAN be accessed by other squad members when being worn.

Not an exhaustive documentation, but it's a start.

Edited by OMAC

After 1 week of testing, this beta patch breaks a few things like grenade throwing in ACE (so even with -nologs it's noticable ingame), back to the old beta :icon_sad:

Last time I checked A2 units could not take backpacks at all. There was a mod for that (GLT OPA Backpacks). Are you 100% sure that functionality is now a "build in" feature? I find no mention of that in any changelog from stable 1.62 to the latest beta...

what it breaks, how ? ... script wise ? did you reported it to ACE team ?

After 1 week of testing, this beta patch breaks a few things like grenade throwing in ACE (so even with -nologs it's noticable ingame), back to the old beta :icon_sad:

You should report that to the ACE team, BIS cant fix a mods problems.

Anyone know how to revert to 1.62 without reinstalling the whole game ?, installer won't overwrite newer ones.

Anyone know how to revert to 1.62 without reinstalling the whole game ?, installer won't overwrite newer ones.

The beta installer created a new shortcut to the game. To launch stable 1.62 use the old shortcut, not the beta one. The beta install does not overwite anything.

Last time I checked A2 units could not take backpacks at all. There was a mod for that (GLT OPA Backpacks). Are you 100% sure that functionality is now a "build in" feature? I find no mention of that in any changelog from stable 1.62 to the latest beta...

There is no new backpack functionality in this beta, as far as I know. Since Chedo brought up backpacks, I thought I would check if some change had crept in (via CCP).

Edited by OMAC

As someone whom is a Steam user, how would I go about getting this beta patch? I ask because unlike later BIS projects, there's no Beta/Dev pipeline to change my settings to. Can I just manually download the update, or do I have to do something else?

Also, this is a question, but does -nologs prevent script error messages from popping up? I know in the Dev branch for ArmA III I get a lot of those on screen, but I want them gone! :P

Foffy you just download the patch from url on first line in my first post ... then you just extract and install it ...

i your OA is properly installed BY steam then it will overwrite the existing OA beta downloaded by STEAM ...

and it stays that way until you 'verify integrity of game files' in the OA beta or new OA beta reach STEAM

we don't put this one on STEAM yet because it's not backward compatible with any older 1.63 betas (which used 1.62 numbering to stay compatible)

Also, this is a question, but does -nologs prevent script error messages from popping up? I know in the Dev branch for ArmA III I get a lot of those on screen, but I want them gone! :P

The errors show up because the -showScriptErrors parameter. You should remove that one to stop the errors to pop up. -nologs stops them from being written to the Arma .rpt file (not sure if - by itself - the latter overrides the -showScriptErrors parameter, but it's likely).

Foffy you just download the patch from url on first line in my first post ... then you just extract and install it ...

i your OA is properly installed BY steam then it will overwrite the existing OA beta downloaded by STEAM ...

and it stays that way until you 'verify integrity of game files' in the OA beta or new OA beta reach STEAM

we don't put this one on STEAM yet because it's not backward compatible with any older 1.63 betas (which used 1.62 numbering to stay compatible)

It was a little more than that, my friend. I never did one of these, so I didn't know that there was a Beta folder and replacing the exe. It was simple, but I asked because I was curious as when I tried to install it, I got a CD key error message, followed by the game saying it was updating from 1.62 to... .

Literally, updating from 1.62 to a period mark. I didn't want to make a mistake, so I asked here. :P

The errors show up because the -showScriptErrors parameter. You should remove that one to stop the errors to pop up. -nologs stops them from being written to the Arma .rpt file (not sure if - by itself - the latter overrides the -showScriptErrors parameter, but it's likely).

In the case of ArmA III, how does one disable those? They seem to enabled by default in the Dev build.

In the case of ArmA III, how does one disable those? They seem to enabled by default in the Dev build.

I'm not in dev branch and I have them too. I guess I'm so used to see them in A2 that they don't bother me anymore ;).

Hello,

I patched my A2 OA til 1.63, but now there is no servers (wasteland, dayz) where I can play. Is it possible to downgrade until 1.62? (I don't have a Beta folder in my Expension folder)