Sign in to follow this  
Whimsykiller

Freedom Force Alpha Alpha Alpha, Laid back but serious

Who are we?

Freedom Force Alpha Alpha Alpha is an Arma 2 community that aims to play the game in a serious and 'tactical' manner, but is in no way a hardcore-milsim community. We do not have set or static roles; what you play varies from mission to mission and the only thing restricting you is your ability to play said role and if you can get to it first.

The idea is to create a comfortable environment where everyone can come, play some serious Arma 2, and have a great time without having to worry about people being jerk. Everyone plays in a similar style and manner while having a coordinated and familiar command style that is easy to understand.

We also aim to have an active community who play the game regularly, as Arma 2 is still a wonderful game with a massive amount of content at our fingertips; even if it isn't the baby of the family anymore.

What we seek:

• Active: We are an active community that plays two times weekly, our weekly Saturday game is considered to be the main event and we seek people interested and willing to attend regularly. There's no room for flavor of the month-ers.
  • Respectful: As a community we are here to play Arma 2 in the style that we have chosen. There is no room for shitty 'group politic' type drama, nor is there room for insults or treating others badly. We're here to enjoy ourselves, and everyone should have equal chance at that.
  • Serious-Minded: Our goal is a serious and 'tactical realism' feel without going over the deep end and finding ourselves in Milsim waters. Those wishing to join should be interested in that as well, and willing to contribute to that experience.
  • Dedicated:The experience by the community as a whole each session is dependent on the individuals participating, thus making it everyone's responsibility to help make that the best experience we can.

Skill level doesn't matter, that can always improve.

Our Schedule:

Saturday, The Main Event: 12 PM, every Saturday

Tuesday Session: 4 pm, every Tuesday

Our Modset:

We are an ACE/ACRE community, and the full extent of our modlist is view-able on the steam group page.

How to join:

Our joining process is simple, add me on Steam here, and I'll contact you as soon as I'm able, once you have the mods ready you're free to join us on our next session for a trial run to both see how you like it and how you fit in with the intent of the group.

Edited by Whimsykiller

Updated original post to better reflect the mission statement.

Our modset has also been updated considerably.

Edited by Whimsykiller

Decided to update to post my 'Anniversary video' or: 'That ripoff of what Shacktac does every year'

Call it what you like, I've just always wanted to do that, and with the large milestone of the Freedom Force's first year passing, I couldn't resist.

Will update with more interesting videos eventually as well, to give an example of our saturday sessions.

Updating to post what has to be one of the best missions I've played so far, even if an accident lead to the UPSMON debug markers being on. Oh well.

Different kind of mission ends in a hurried run from a seemingly endless amount of pursuers. A different feel than normal, terrifying.