Sign in to follow this  
IndeedPete

BIS_fnc_camera - How does it work?

Hi there,

i was wondering if anybody already knows hot to use the "new" camera script BIS_fnc_camera. I tried it but i'm not sure what to do with the results. I've copied a cam postion with ctrl + c and it returns:

["Altis",[15156.6,17259.6,2.50144],5.76511,0.7,[-15.2353,-2.21218e-007],0,0,720.01,0.3,0]

What would i do with that?^^

• Like 1

bis_fnc_camera is the ingame camera I believe. When you hit escape and then click camera. Going to the functions viewer it says splendid camera so Im assuming its the samething.

Author: Karel Moricky

Description:

Splendid config viewer

Parameter(s):

_this select 0: STRING - Parent display (when you need to run the viewer from editor)

Returns:

NOTHING

Okay, but what is it good for? Since there is "BIS_fnc_cameraOld" which i used for cutscenes in Arma 3 already i figured "BIS_fnc_camera" would be a newer version with more functionalities but still the same purpose. However, the old one returns pastable (is that a word? oO) code but i can't see a way to put this set of numbers from the new function to good use. I thought maybe i'm missing something, that's why i asked. So it's probably not intended to do cutscenes with the new one, right?

The params in that array are :-

["Altis",[15156.6,17259.6,2.50144],5.76511,0.7,[-15.2353,-2.21218e-007],0,0,720.01,0.3,0]

["WorldName", Position [x,y,z], Direction, Fov, [Pitch, Bank], Focus, Aperture, Daytime, overcast, AccTime]

You can feed them back into the camera using

["Paste", array ] call BIS_fnc_camera

Whether its of any use or not is another thing. Good for setting up positions during testing though so you can addAction's to get to where you want to view fast.

Okay, so not as i understood it at all. I'll keep the old way to make intros then. ;)

What part of the coordinates that are copy from splendid Camera parameters is used when creating a intro camera script. As I am trying to work out how to do intros/cutscenes.

It says ultimate screenshot tool but does anybody happen to know how i actually do screenshots with that? Standard OS/Steam screenshot functions will copy the lines and hints of the function as well.

It says ultimate screenshot tool but does anybody happen to know how i actually do screenshots with that? Standard OS/Steam screenshot functions will copy the lines and hints of the function as well.

All controls are explained in the overlay. You may be interested in H - Toggle overlay ;)

Ah, okay, thank you very much! I'm sorry, sometimes i'm a little blind when it comes to reading the important stuff. I was searching for some text that says "Screenshot - ABCBlah" but missed the other hint. :D

Hi sorry to borrow your thread, but is it not possible to use 

BIS_fnc_camera

in the 3D Editor ? i am trying to make a intro and i have been using this youtube video for help  

at 2.38 he is talking about using the script in a trigger but i can't get it to work, Am i wrong on it and it only work in the 2D editor.

// Play3r

Does anyone know how to use the camrea in intros to create cam positions and move between cams?

If you want to use the Splendid Cam (BIS_fnc_camera) in Eden, just hit Esc and go for the "Camera" button. If you want to use the old camera used to create cutscenes, there's still BIS_fnc_cameraOld (camera.sqs in earlier Arma installations).