Benny.

[SP/MP] BeCTI

Whether you're running the files on a server, or playing singeplayer on your own, I suggest subscribing to the Steam Workshop submission either way.  At least for the recent future.  This way, you either have the most up to date version, or you're reminded to download the most up to date version for your server when you get a workshop update. 

Even since I posted, I've updated a few times to fix various errors or screwups that I missed (Caused).  I will continue updating until all APEX assets are ported over and until I can figure out the last damn 'no entry' error.

And with that said, if anyone has any clue where to find the issues causing this, it'd be a HUGE help. 

https://i.imgur.com/gbtZJTj.jpg

• Like 1

thecapulet, have you considered developing your version on GitHub? It's been bugging me for a while now that there are so many offshoots of BeCTI, but no sort of central repository people can contribute back to (as far as I've seen).

There are already multiple edits for Tanoa, and imagining all the duplicate work being done by different authors to get all the new content in really pains me.

I think A3 Wasteland development is a great rolemodel here, because they have a central codebase which is being continually updated and from which people can fork and create their own versions but still selectively merge improvements from the main version. This leads to pretty consistent quality of the mission on servers across the board and it would also facilitate continual development even if the current main developer loses interest at some point. This would make it much easier for someone else to pick up development.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not my call to make.  Ideally, that's what I'd like to see happen too though. 

A year or two back, I approached sari about something very similar, but going as far as creating a "Warfare" specific community site that would also host and hub all warfare flavors.  But I have a feeling that he wasn't interested in it for the same reasons I'm not putting anything on github.  Not his call. 

What we really need at this point is for Benny to come and make a concrete decision on mission licensing, so we could move forward with some structure. 

• Like 1

Yeah, having clarity on the license would be a good start.

Back in April I saw on the OFPS forums that they started working on a new BECTI mission, one that Benny did most of the work on. Admittedly, they were paying him to do it, so I somewhat understand they don't want to hand it out like free beer, but it just seems like such a shame that all the hard work that could benefit the community as a whole can only be used by a small subset.

Here's an updated version of Sari's on Tanoa, until he and his crew get back to the game. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727846871

http://www.torsquad.com/becti_0097.Tanoa.pbo

Just error corrected files:

http://www.torsquad.com/BECTISE_Fixed.7z

Im curious...is the version you're posting about a PvP oriented version or is it working as a coop against AI?

If it's AI I'd be interested in seeing how it works around the fact that the AI doesn't traverse it's way around well on Tanoa. You can sit for hours sometimes before they ever make it over the few available bridges...and for the small islands with no bridges..well...you're out of luck entirely it seems.

Im curious...is the version you're posting about a PvP oriented version or is it working as a coop against AI?

If it's AI I'd be interested in seeing how it works around the fact that the AI doesn't traverse it's way around well on Tanoa. You can sit for hours sometimes before they ever make it over the few available bridges...and for the small islands with no bridges..well...you're out of luck entirely it seems.

The version I posted was primarily made to give me a reason to go in and fix all the No Entry errors that had popped up over the last few patches.  I haven't really made any more changes than that over Sari's Altis.  The only other change I can think of aside from porting and fixing is bumping up the unit bounty by 10% and dropping the town range down by 100m. 

The AI seem to do fine over bridges, and really in general.  The worst issue I see is spawning the town units, which often times end up blown up in the larger cities due to spawning on top of random crap.  I'd like to refine the spawning mechanic so it can ensure that it's an open location to spawn.  And I'll give it a try, but it may be a bit beyond my skill level. 

Whether you're running the files on a server, or playing singeplayer on your own, I suggest subscribing to the Steam Workshop submission either way.  At least for the recent future.  This way, you either have the most up to date version, or you're reminded to download the most up to date version for your server when you get a workshop update. 

Even since I posted, I've updated a few times to fix various errors or screwups that I missed (Caused).  I will continue updating until all APEX assets are ported over and until I can figure out the last damn 'no entry' error.

And with that said, if anyone has any clue where to find the issues causing this, it'd be a HUGE help. 

I've seen that b4, Saris missions  Altis.. I think something to do with Ranger .cfg  ( sniper, or squadleader ?)  I found it now... ITSA  magazine blufor  6.5 tracer "ultraRed"

saw this yesterday .!

Here's an updated version of Sari's on Tanoa, until he and his crew get back to the game. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727846871

http://www.torsquad.com/becti_0097.Tanoa.pbo

Just error corrected files:

http://www.torsquad.com/BECTISE_Fixed.7z

I've detailedly tested this through a whole night marathon "session" and I didn't find any remarkable issues. An adult, accurate and precise job. We owe you, @thecapulet .

Yeah, having clarity on the license would be a good start.

Back in April I saw on the OFPS forums that they started working on a new BECTI mission, one that Benny did most of the work on. Admittedly, they were paying him to do it, so I somewhat understand they don't want to hand it out like free beer, but it just seems like such a shame that all the hard work that could benefit the community as a whole can only be used by a small subset.

If the BECTI community is interested in supporting our quest for the perfect BECTI mission I don't think we would object to outside help, as long as the community is receptable towards guidance from OFPS.

Just wanted to revive this thread. OFPS has been working with Benny now for several months, our latest verion of BECTI is a BEAST. 9 maps, most CUP gear/vehicles, and a bunch of extras. We are actually a little overwhelmed with the amount of stuff we have now and the direction to go with it. We REQUIRE around 15-19GB of ADDITIONAL content and because of our integration with STEAM our server has blossomed even more. The extra content does not scare the player base away, it's brought more our way if anything.  So if any BECTI players out there want to join in on the fun find us and start playing, you'll be impressed with how much we have now.  If you have DEV experience, we really need help so reach out to us. 

BECTI is alive and well guys, find us and join us!

• Like 3

Just wanted to revive this thread. OFPS has been working with Benny now for several months,[...]

Then haul his ass back to his own Thread. He has run and Cover far to long now. :D

Just wanted to revive this thread. OFPS has been working with Benny now for several months, our latest verion of BECTI is a BEAST. 9 maps, most CUP gear/vehicles, and a bunch of extras. We are actually a little overwhelmed with the amount of stuff we have now and the direction to go with it. We REQUIRE around 15-19GB of ADDITIONAL content and because of our integration with STEAM our server has blossomed even more. The extra content does not scare the player base away, it's brought more our way if anything.  So if any BECTI players out there want to join in on the fun find us and start playing, you'll be impressed with how much we have now.  If you have DEV experience, we really need help so reach out to us. 

BECTI is alive and well guys, find us and join us!

Let me tell you this then, the amount of mods needed on your server has scared me away. I know and you told us often enought you dontä care for th casuals, but there are more of them as you realize. I have no doubt though that it is not hard to fill a 40 slot server in the evening anyway, even old unmodded ArmA II Benny Warfare servers still reach that player count easily. Loadig a 19Gb mod to play one game mode on one particular server is not a simple condition to me.

• Like 2

Let me tell you this then, the amount of mods needed on your server has scared me away. I know and you told us often enought you dontä care for th casuals, but there are more of them as you realize. I have no doubt though that it is not hard to fill a 40 slot server in the evening anyway, even old unmodded ArmA II Benny Warfare servers still reach that player count easily. Loadig a 19Gb mod to play one game mode on one particular server is not a simple condition to me.

We are responding to the active BECTI community, and they wanted MORE gear, units, and maps. I'm sorry that downloading FREE mods which are auto downloaded and installed are a burden to you; it's too bad that an hour worth of downloads is stopping you from really enjoying the BEST CTI mission I've ever seen. Seriously though, what's the big deal? Most of the download is CUP.....

If it was just CUP, it'd be fine.  3,657.725 MB of non-cup is what gets me.  And the worst of it is, it's mostly all content I already have downloaded.  You guys just had to throw it all together into one mod.  But it makes it a bigger PITA. 

On top of that, not all of us live in a metropolis, dude.  I'm smack dab in the middle of the US.  I pay 75 bucks a month for my internet.  And it would take me literal days to download just that one additional modpack for one server that only has 7 dudes on it right now.  

Ran into a bug, here's the RPT error log:

_vehicle >
14:05:38   Error position: <_var select CTI_UNIT_SCRIPTS;

_vehicle >
14:05:38   Error Undefined variable in expression: _var
14:05:38 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\Server\Init\Init_Server.sqf, line 166
14:05:39 Error in expression <CTI_CO_FNC_EquipVehicleCargoSpace};
if (_script != "" && alive _vehicle) then {
>
14:05:39   Error position: <_script != "" && alive _vehicle) then {
>
14:05:39   Error Undefined variable in expression: _script
14:05:39 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\Server\Init\Init_Server.sqf, line 172
14:05:40 Cannot create non-ai vehicle O_T_Truck_03_medical_F,
14:05:40 Error in expression <NameSpace getVariable _model;
_script = _var select CTI_UNIT_SCRIPTS;

On 12/4/2016 at 8:51 PM, -ToR-TheCapulet said:

If it was just CUP, it'd be fine.  3,657.725 MB of non-cup is what gets me.  And the worst of it is, it's mostly all content I already have downloaded.  You guys just had to throw it all together into one mod.  But it makes it a bigger PITA. 

On top of that, not all of us live in a metropolis, dude.  I'm smack dab in the middle of the US.  I pay 75 bucks a month for my internet.  And it would take me literal days to download just that one additional modpack for one server that only has 7 dudes on it right now.  

So download for a few days....once you have it you have it. And don't minimize our server by going off what you saw at 1 point of time, thats stupid. How about going off stats http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/209.160.28.31:2302/

M-Thur we average 8-12 during work day but 20-30 on week nights. Fri-Sat server is almost full. 

We had a full server last night for hours.

*Youtube Video Here: 

BECTI is back and better than ever! Join and find out what we're up to @ OFPS!

• Like 3

BECTI is back and better than ever

Warfare is dead.No good EU server.

Warfare is dead! But mission, not server.

All CTI with AI from Arma 3, are very bad :down:

There is only one of Arma 2:              WarfareV2_071LiteCO           (WarfareBE_071_V5)  :drinking2:

:don12:

Benny, come back. Please please

On 2017. 01. 13. at 6:27 PM, SF_andy said:

Warfare is dead! But mission, not server.

All CTI with AI from Arma 3, are very bad :down:

There is only one of Arma 2:              WarfareV2_071LiteCO           (WarfareBE_071_V5)  :drinking2:

Benny, come back. Please please

BECTI Warfare as a mission type has never been dead. It's just rather playable with trustable participants only and/or with strong and expert server admin-ing or in coop or SP - admitting it's been hosted on too few servers nowadays.

BECTI Warfare is still the true and genuine Arma, if you don't know/like BECTI, you don't know/like Arma.

http://www.jammywarfare.eu

It's funny you ask Benny to come back, he's been helping OFPS with the mission we run.  To the guy who said BECTI is dead in Europe, you can def play on our server just fine.  If that's not good enough for you, then I def recommend Jammy's Warfare, or the Russian BECTI server both great CTI servers within your reach.

You guys sound like you haven't even tried playing CTI on our server or the other guys, too bad for you!

• Like 1

I got excited when I saw this on the front page, then saw the last time the original post was updated was all the way back in November of 2013. Any single player missions like this anywhere, preferably with RHS support? Since the whole DayZ craze and ArmA 3 release everybody is all hung up on multiplayer this and multiplayer that. I just want to enjoy some nice dynamic missions by myself at my own pace. I don't have the time for organized groups or random people I don't know.

On 17.1.2017 at 3:26 AM, spanishsurfer said:

It's funny you ask Benny to come back, he's been helping OFPS with the mission we run.  To the guy who said BECTI is dead in Europe, you can def play on our server just fine.  If that's not good enough for you, then I def recommend Jammy's Warfare, or the Russian BECTI server both great CTI servers within your reach.

You guys sound like you haven't even tried playing CTI on our server or the other guys, too bad for you!

Arma without Warfare CTI is not an arma

On 17/01/2017 at 11:45 AM, JuggernautOfWar said:

I got excited when I saw this on the front page, then saw the last time the original post was updated was all the way back in November of 2013. Any single player missions like this anywhere, preferably with RHS support? Since the whole DayZ craze and ArmA 3 release everybody is all hung up on multiplayer this and multiplayer that. I just want to enjoy some nice dynamic missions by myself at my own pace. I don't have the time for organized groups or random people I don't know.

Battlezone Everon RHS , DUWS RHS , Dynamic Recon Ops or the various Liberation RHS versions are fun missions for Solo and Coop. Been searching for the same. The BECTI missions always had terrible FPS for LAN and Solo play.