Recommended for play on dedicated servers.
You are a RECON-team sent to Altis to scout the situation but, you were captured by CSAT loyal AAF forces. You are being held in a temporary AAF prison waiting to be transfered to CSAT troops for interrogation. The guards took everything you had, weapons, maps, compasses, everything.
If you manage to escape your cage, be sure the AAF will send what they have along with more experienced CSAT troops to try to find you.All enemy units have heard about your activities and capture. If you are detected by an enemy unit, the unit will contact its headquarter within seconds.
To find your way home you will need to establish radio contact with your own HQ. Find a map, hijack a radio, and call for extraction.
- Randomised Starting Position: Your mission could start anywhere, from the salt flats to the mountains.
- Randomised Infantry Patrols: The numbers, locations, and loadouts of infantry change with each play through.
- Unique revive system: You might be down but you're not out. Crawl to safety and even provide covering fire until a teammate can rescue you.
- Randomised Objectve Locations: Weapon depots and radios could be anywhere. Find a map, compass or even GPS to plot your course.
- Randomised Vehicular Traffic: Military and civilian traffic move about the island and can be hijacked for your use.
- Intelligent Enemies: The enemy will actively hunt you down or even call artillery on your location if you are spotted. They will send search choppers, helicopter gunships and even paratroopers to find, capture, and kill you.
- Obey the rules of war: Civilians are neutral, killing one will turn them against you and they will inform the AAF and CSAT of your whereabouts.
- Every game is different: Play it one time or a hundred times, no two games will be the same.
Click here for Escape Stratis
BI Forum Thread
CO08 Escape Altis
Arma 3 v1.08 minimum
Changelog Highlights 1.6
- Optimized and reworked complete mission framework
- More use of A3 engine functions (faster and more reliable)
- Completely new AI-Scripts (removed UPSMON)
- New searchleader engine (for easier implementation of advanced AI and other new features)
- Patrol Boats
- Enemy artillery
- more AAF - less CSAT
- Completely new weapon and equipment balancing
- Missionloading improves (no more 1 minute intro)
- JIP loading improved
- New Revive script
- No more center map cheating
- Attackchopper at escape
- Extraction placement can be set to random, close or far.
Place the mission file in the MPmissions folder inside your Arma 3 installation.
Your ArmA3 installation should be in yoursteamfolder/steamapps/common
BI Forums: Vormulac or NeoArmageddon
Credits and Thanks
BIS - OFP to ArmA3
Engima - Creating one of the greatest Arma missions ever.
Vormulac - Scripting and general confusion
NeoArmageddon - Scripting and configs
Hyperz - Scripting and configs
Special thanks to all voluntary and non-voluntary testers:
This mission and all of it's content is released unter the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike Licence.
This license lets you remix, tweak, and build upon this work non-commercially, as long as you credit the author and license your new creations under the identical terms. Others can download and redistribute this work just like the by-nc-nd license, but you can also translate and make remixes based on this work. All new work based on this will carry the same license, so any derivatives will also be non-commercial in nature.
We take no responsibility for (im)possible damage to your game/system that may be caused by installation of this Mission.
For a complete changelog please look at the official BIF-Thread
A Little Hint For a Better Game
Escape Chernarus is best played at difficulty level Veteran or Expert (since the mission's story is based on the idea that you are lost).
- Inner guard seems to have an unlimited number of pistols.
- If the revive system acts up kill the person affected then revive them, it should be fine afterwards.
- There are still a few scripting errors (big black boxes with code in them) that pop up from time to time but these shouldn't be showstoppers.
- Turning down spawn range, enemy frequency, and village patrol populations will increase performance and lower the difficulty.
Escape Stratis (Stratis updates will lag behind Altis)
Escape Altis and Stratis Co-08
Steam Workshop Pages
Please post any errors or fixes or suggestions. The original and subsequent island ports were and still the most played missions on our server. I hope a new generation of Arma playerscan now enjoy them.
Changelog for Escape Altis.
Changelog for Escape Stratis.
Changelogs available on the workshop.
Git Repo (Warning: Debugger options will often be left on, they can be found at the top of ServerInitialization.sqf)
Edited by Vormulac, 02 January 2014 - 12:11 PM.