Sign in to follow this  
jaysmizzle

How to use your AI to fire artillery

How do you get your AI to fire artillery for you? I've tried to get them to use the M4 Scorcher but when I choose a location for an artillery strike they say, "Cannot execute, adjust coordinates."

How do you get your AI to fire artillery for you? I've tried to get them to use the M4 Scorcher but when I choose a location for an artillery strike they say, "Cannot execute, adjust coordinates."

If you are in artillery vehicle and you lead a group of artillery, go to map, select all, and "fire artillery".. other group vehicles do the job well, but your own gunner... "Cannot execute..."

The player as gunner is the leader if there is just 2 crew members, and has to use the artillery computer to shoot.

In M4 the commander is the leader, and he has no access to the artillery computer. And the AI artillery gunner can't do a thing when the player is the commander.

So (at the moment) the player as a leader of a Scorcher has no other way to get his vehicle to shoot than switch places with the gunner and use the artillery computer.

Needs to be fixed.

Edited by Azzur33

Make squad enter Scorcher

Tell them to 'stop'

Open Map

Point at target with mouse

Select the AI gunner (F2, F3 whatever it will be) without moving mouse

Press 'Fire artillery'

He will fire on the target if it's the correct distance

He will fire on the target if it's the correct distance

As long as the player is inside the vehicle too, he responds "Cannot execute, blah blah blah" and the gun doesn't move. If the player jumps out, and gives the same orders outside, the gun soon points the sky and shoots.

Your own crew should be able to execute fire command too, I would think.

Not Exactly on topic but is it possible to get the AI to call for arty, like against you for example without ridiculous amounts of scripting?