Sign in to follow this  
Failberry

PiP: Sincerely Devs/Users

My problem: I experience high-rate flickering/flashing of mirrors, screens, and panels.

My question: Is there a way to make PiP function properly?

Exposé

Pip is a graphical highlight of Arma 3 that I and several others cannot enjoy. Tickets have been made since the earliest alpha. With the full game out; I am very surprised to see such a major PiP issue go unaddressed.

Additional Problem:

When using native resolution, (1080p) and while playing in First-Person Perspective, I notice that terrain and grass flicker upon turning. This also occurs when firing a weapon -- when a shot is fired, the terrain flickers. However, when switching to Third-Person Perspective I do not get any terrain flickering while moving around or firing my weapon. This happens with Arma 2 as well, but did not seem to happen in the Beta/Dev versions of Arma 3 during my testing.

Thank you for your responses.

Edit:

Specs: GTX 690, 3770k

In Game Settings: Anything and Everything :)

Edited by Failberry

They need to fix that shader to work properly with SLI I think. I also reported this issue in the early alpha.

It's a common bug with shaders that use data from the previous frame not working nice with SLI.

I know that I get massive LOD flickering problems when I have PiP enabled and drive through a forest. No Problems if I disable it. Has been like this since the Alpha, still isn´t fixed.

I've got a question about PiP: the displays in the driver's seat of the Hunter have a silky-smooth frame rate, but in most other cases the frame rate is really quite bad. I thought, perhaps it had something to do with some other displays featuring the the vehicle in the shot - ie like the Offroad where you can see your own head in the mirror - but that's not always the case. I've reduced the quality of PiP to Low and it makes little difference - in fact I could set it to high and the Hunter is still smooth. Anyone else have this problem? Is it related to the flickering one?

I've got a question about PiP: the displays in the driver's seat of the Hunter have a silky-smooth frame rate, but in most other cases the frame rate is really quite bad. I thought, perhaps it had something to do with some other displays featuring the the vehicle in the shot - ie like the Offroad where you can see your own head in the mirror - but that's not always the case. I've reduced the quality of PiP to Low and it makes little difference - in fact I could set it to high and the Hunter is still smooth. Anyone else have this problem? Is it related to the flickering one?

And I get the same. Hunter PIP: smooth Offroad PIP: Very low framerate.

I am also getting this problem again. I have updated to latest Nvidia beta drivers. I remember having this issue in A3 originally when playing with 3 monitors due to playing in SLI to achieve that. However, now I am only playing on one montior (other 2 are just displaying windows) but PiP seems to have reverted to the flickering buggy state. Playing on one monitor fixed the problem during the alpha stage and early in the beta before the UAVs came out.

Running a single GTX 690 here.

I am also getting this problem again. I have updated to latest Nvidia beta drivers. I remember having this issue in A3 originally when playing with 3 monitors due to playing in SLI to achieve that. However, now I am only playing on one montior (other 2 are just displaying windows) but PiP seems to have reverted to the flickering buggy state. Playing on one monitor fixed the problem during the alpha stage and early in the beta before the UAVs came out.

Running a single GTX 690 here.

Hi, Lev.

We are both running a single GTX 690 and you just described the exact chain of events that I've been experiencing. Go figure!

Even the time-frames with which the issues occurred in relation to the development cycle are nearly identical except that I only ran on a single monitor.

This must be an SLI problem; doubly so for those with dual core GPUs. Will there ever be a fix for this?

Will there ever be a fix for this?

Don't utilize sli. Problem solved. :cool:

I´m running a single HD5850 so SLI doesn´t seem to be the problem.

En 15/9/2013 a las 5:35 de la tarde, Failberry dijo:

I think it's the optimization

And it does not maintain the 60 fps (I play solo in singleplayer)

My pc exceeds the recommended requirements by a lot and the simulator is unable to maintain the 60 Fps, I wanted to open a thread about optimization but it will not let me, I am new to the forum but not in the saga weapon (operation flashpoint)

Anyone know if they are going to do something about it regarding title optimization?

-I7-4770k
-Gtx780
-SSD
-16 GB
-Win 10

11 hours ago, SEAL87 said:

I think it's the optimization

And it does not maintain the 60 fps (I play solo in singleplayer)

My pc exceeds the recommended requirements by a lot and the simulator is unable to maintain the 60 Fps, I wanted to open a thread about optimization but it will not let me, I am new to the forum but not in the saga weapon (operation flashpoint)

Anyone know if they are going to do something about it regarding title optimization?

-I7-4770k
-Gtx780
-SSD
-16 GB
-Win 10

Hello seal.

64 bit is being optimised.  There has been alot of feedback that it helps make fps more fluid. Less big drops or stutter. At the moment you can greatly increase view distance with little effect on fps or performance overall. 

I play some single player and can also go from 60 fps to 30. I'm 1440p ultra.I'm using an i7 and gtx 1070. So fingers crossed the new changes can help smooth out the rapid drops.

This part of forum is for beta arma.Perhaps make a thread in general discussion.  Or a moderator could move to appropriate section. 

• Like 2

On 22/12/2016 at 10:39 AM, teabagginpeople said:

Hola sello.

Se está optimizando 64 bits. Ha habido una gran cantidad de retroalimentación que ayuda a hacer más fluido fps. Menos grandes gotas o tartamudeo. Por el momento se puede aumentar en gran medida la distancia de visión con poco efecto sobre fps o la actuación global. 

Toco algo de un solo jugador y también puede ir de 60 fps a 30. Estoy 1440p ultra.I'm utilizando un i7 y GTX 1070. Así dedos cruzados para los nuevos cambios pueden ayudar a suavizar las caídas rápidas.

Esta parte del foro es para arma.Perhaps beta hacen un hilo de discusión general. O un moderador podría pasar a la sección apropiada. 

Thanks friend for your answer, I hope you optimize it properly, in the forum does not let me open a thread :-)