tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

10 hours ago, tpw said:

Thanks muchly for the input Serena, I appreciate it. With regards to your comments:

Repetition: you have a point, but then again it's a problem with every other furnished building in Arma. It'll be trivial to add randomised templates once I have more than 1 for a given building.

Random placement: Believe me I tried all sorts of things before settling on the template implementation! The randomised approach makes it very difficult to correctly rotate and line up spawned items within buildings in a way that looks believable and doesn't impede AI. But YMMV :)

Your placement script: very cool indeed!

Mate you can put whatever classnames you want into the tpw_furniture_items array and use them in your compositions. It sounds like you're after a more military version of the system rather than the civ version, which would obviously have some different requirements (longer spawn distances etc). I hadn't really thought that idea through, but it wouldn't be hard to implement and would definitely liven things up around bases.  Cheers for that.

If you encounter a dodgy item, can you please hit esc and run in the console

hint str (typeof (nearestbuilding player)) 

That'll give you the building type which you can report to me. Thanks!

Land_school_01_F

Floating white chair and odd angle desk. 

4 hours ago, Ugh Al'Pum said:

I'm a newbie, so i do apologize for jumping into the discussion, but that may cause an odd issue.

From what i understood, and please correct me if i'm wrong, the script loads in the template when you get close to the building, and then unloads it when you get away from it. Am i wrong?

Assuming i'm correct, that random template would cause you to load a template, get away from the building, coming back to it and risk finding a totally different furniture  set the second time around. That could be odd.

That might be solved though, if you can identify the building object with an unique id (i don't know the data so i can't be sure one exists, but as a programmer i'd guess it does). You could create a list to associate an uId to a random generated template.

Once again, i'm just a newbie, so please forgive if my comment doesn't make much sense. 

The way the system works is to assign a template to a building via setvariable the first time it is scanned. Furniture is then spawned using this assigned template. Once the player is out of range the furniture is despawned. If the building subsequently comes into range again it spawns furniture from its assigned template, a new one is not chosen for it. So if the building is assigned a random template, it will always use that.

2 hours ago, Caluu66x said:

Land_school_01_F

Floating white chair and odd angle desk. 

Thanks, will check it out

Also Civ's have been despawning right in front of me  -im on the 2nd to last build before furniture

Edit: Lemme double check make sure i didnt tamper and mess it up

2xEdit: Please disregard 99% sure its on my end

Hmmm, after further testing seems to be tied to the Crowd Civs -they despawn when you shoot them as well as kind of pop in/out of existence. Its never the solo ones, just the social butterflies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Hmmm, after further testing seems to be tied to the Crowd Civs -they despawn when you shoot them as well as kind of pop in/out of existence. Its never the solo ones, just the social butterflies.

Yep, crowd civs do indeed despawn when injured or killed, it's a design decision since they are really just window dressing. And depending on where you are they do indeed appear to pop in/out. I know it can look a bit iffy but the alternative is to melt down your CPU by not being harsh with culling them! 

Normal TPW CIV civs behave normally in this regard, but there's far fewer of them.

TPW MODS 20170107: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20170107.zip

Changes:

• [CORE 1.30] Additional Tanoan buildings added to habitable building list
  • [FURNITURE 1.01] Furniture added to Altis/Stratis buildings. Fixed a few dodgy Tanoan object placement issues.

Ok so that's the default Arma3 furnishing taken care of. Now I'll just sit here and pat myself on the back whilst waiting for people with actual talent to come up with some decent furniture templates.

Thanks to those who've reported placement issues, much appreciated. 

• Like 5

Hi tpw,

are you planning to include TPW Settings.jar in future releases? I cannot find it, and as I really want to use all your other mods, I need to disable TPW_HUD.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, XerXesCZ said:

Hi tpw,

are you planning to include TPW Settings.jar in future releases? I cannot find it, and as I really want to use all your other mods, I need to disable TPW_HUD.

Thanks!

No I'm not.

It's trivial to enable or disable any mod just by editing tpw_mods.hpp by hand.

// HUD

tpw_hud_active = 1; // 0 = inactive

If you want to install python, then you can use tpw_settings.py which simplifies changing settings even further.

Okay, was just asking. :f:

I have Python already installed, I was just preferring to use Java since it's creating shortcut on the desktop for it. Nevermind, I'll edit config manually.

Great work by the way, really appreciate your hard work! :thanx:

• Like 1

thanks for the hardwork TPW, great mods! love the fireflies! :D

TPW MODS 20170111: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20170111.zip

Changes:

• [AIR 1.32, ANIMALS 1.36,  BOATS 1.33, CARS 1.50, CIVS 1.51, CROWD 1.04, SKIRMISH 1.36] Improved despawning of units to prevent glitches related to the updated createunit command in build 1.67. Reduced incidence of close crowd civs despawning in front of the player.
  • [FURNITURE 1.02] Improved furniture despawning.
  • [RAINFX 1.12] Fixed bug where rain droplet fx occasionally persisted after rain stopped / player under cover. Ground raindrop fx now use miniature reflective puddle objects rather than refractive particles.  

Just a bug fix release, mainly to address some irritating issues that had crept in during the 1.67 dev build process. Basically, despawning units out of groups often led to weird visual glitches - sometimes the entity despawned but left its model behind, sometimes the model despawned but left an invisible entity behind. This was particularly noticeable in TPW CROWDS, leading to a population of permanent mannequins and ghosts. I've addressed this by giving each civ its own group. Since there shouldn't be more than 25 or so civs at a given time, this leaves plenty of groups over for your combat needs. In any case, the group limit has been extended from 144 to 288 in 1.67 so will become less of a problem in the future. 

• Like 5

Hi TPW

I just wanted to bring something to your attention

Not sure if your aware,but TPW HUD does actually detect targets friendly and enemy,which are hidden,and not yet shown by the show/hide module in 3d editor.

Is there any way you might change this in a future update?Im seeing targets as a Jet pilot all over the place but these entities are not actually making an impact in the mission at that time.

Cheers

Cheers redarmy, thanks for the heads up mate. I've never done the show/hide module thing, so never thought about this issue. Should be simple to correct.

EDIT: Fixed, I'll release it in a day or so. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tpw said:

Cheers redarmy, thanks for the heads up mate. I've never done the show/hide module thing, so never thought about this issue. Should be simple to correct.

EDIT: Fixed, I'll release it in a day or so. 

Thanks alot mate

Show/hide module,i couldnt play a scenario without it,i create a trigger in which all AI inside it(lets say an enemy base) are hidden until the mission progresses to that area,huge performance saver in SP at least.

TPW MODS 20170120: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20170120.zip

Changes:

• [FOG 1.46] Rain induced fog will clear properly when rain stops. Complete overhaul of snow functionality: snow will not fall through cover (buildings, trees etc) but continue falling outside it; snow goggle fx; snow fx in vehicles. 
  • [HUD 1.60] HUD will no longer display icons for units/vehicles hidden by hideobject.
  • [RAINFX 1.13] Optimised ground droplet code.

Back again with a few fixes and some major improvements to snow functionality. Taking inspiration from a recent forum thread bemoaning the lack of realistic snow in A3 I re-examined my old snow code and found it wanting. The old system simply spawned a snow emitter box around the player and turned it off when the player was inside/under cover, which meant that snow appeared to stop once inside, only to start again the second the player exited the building. I've now implemented a more sophisticated system whereby individual snowflakes are spawned only if the spawn position has line of sight to the ground directly below. Snowflakes thus won't spawn above/inside structures and trees. Which means you can stand in a snowflake free building and watch the snow continue to fall outside. Or stand in the snow and marvel at the lack of snowflakes falling through nearby trees and houses. Snowflakes are spawned in a 20m radius around the player, and additionally in front of a jogging/running player so that the snow cannot be outrun. A simpler emitter box is spawned in front of player vehicles for vehicle snow fx. Snowflakes will occasionally appear to melt on the player's goggles. Most of the random spawning and line of sight calculations are precalculated, and only when the player has moved. Which means that if you are stationary or moving slowly there is almost no overhead to the snow functions beyond the overhead of the particles themselves.

TPW FOG README

As with most of my environmental ambience stuff, it's my hope that after a while you'll simply forget that the snow fx are there because they are natural and expected.

OK, back to Chernarus!

• Like 6

TPW MODS 20170127: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20170127.zip

Changes:

• [FOG 1.47] Code optimisations.
  • [RAINFX 1.14] Particle based raindrop splashes on most exposed surfaces, not just ground. Optimised goggle drop fx. Optimised vehicle windscreen raindrop fx, should work in a wider range of vehicles, not just cars. 

A bit more playing around with particles, the payoff being greatly improved raindrop behaviour. Raindrop splash effects are now visible on most exposed ground and object surfaces near the player. Given the massive steps that BI have taken with the audio side of wet weather, being able to actually see the rain splashing off nearby buildings, vehicles, leaves, furniture, units etc makes for a nice little boost in immersion. Until BI get round to implementing changes in texture specularity in response to rain there's a limit to what can be achieved with particles, but I'm happy enough with this implementation for the time being. 

• Like 8

Thank you for continuously improving this TPW! Arma feels way less alive and polished without it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biflioi said:

Thank you for continuously improving this TPW! Arma feels way less alive and polished without it.

Thank you very much!

Ooh exciting,I cant wait to check it out this weekend TPW, thank you for the awesome work!