tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

One was driving while the other manned the machine gun on the back of the vehicle.

---------- Post added at 01:02 ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 ----------

Not sure it matters but I was playing as a civilian nearby.

OK, thanks for all of that. I'll look into it ASAP

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

I am trying to create a COOP mission, so its gonna be MP. But I am currently keeping it very simple and I seem to have troubles with the TPW_bleedout and TPW_los scripts. TPW_bleedout half works, my guy keeps bleeding and will eventually die if not treated but the stances do not work. I am still able to stand and do all kinds of tricks until the last seconds of my death. TPW_los does not even seem to start at all. I have tried debugging but there's no blue dots. I am initializing the scripts on the player init field, if it matters... I have also noticed an issue with the TPW_fall. If I shoot the enemy while he is laying on the ground incapacitated, sometimes the AI wont die right away, seems that after the incapacitated timer has ended he will actually die.

I know these are for SP but as my mission is still so simple, only one patrol and me, I dont see issues there. I am also pretty new to Arma mission editing mechanics so I apologize if I have totally missed something. I dont want to create a missiong without these features so I really hope you guys can shed some light on this.

TPW_bleedout version: 1.06

TPW_los version: 1.05

TPW_fall version: 1.14

ARMA 3 version: latest non-dev

Hi Hapexi. The simplicity of your MP missions is neither here nor there - these are SP mods so their core mechanics may not function in MP.

TPW BLEEDOUT does not affect player stance, only AI. The player gets fatigue effects.

Please run TPW LOS in SP and tell me if it initialised then with debugging on. That'll tell you whether it works in SP and not MP!

You are correct re TPW FALL and killing incapacitated units. I'll see about adding some kind of death detection.

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

This is probably a long shot but do you think it's possible to add distant air traffic with contrails? With the wind affected particles it would definitely look real.

I can certainly give it a try. If my computer explodes we'll know it was a bad idea!

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

Could it be possible to add police? Like if cops see you shooting civilians or doing other illegal activity, they start to chase you. And police cars to patrol on roads for speeders, etc? Like if you cross a speed limit in view of a police, the police cars starts to chase you or something like that?

It's doable, but more at a mission level, I think it's well outside the scope of this mod. The civilian casualty counters tpw_civ_allcas and tpw_civ_squadcas can be queried by mission makers if that's something they'd like to include.

---------- Post added at 11:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

I am pretty sure TPW_LOS works on dedicated servers, but not sure about the rest.

All the mods are set to exit if they detect they're being run on a dedicated server. You'll have to edit this behaviour out of the script version and then try your luck, being mindful not to complain to me about the behaviour/lack of functionality you encounter.

We have been using your Civ's and EBS mod on our A3 dedicated server for some time now. Just wanted to report some findings that may be helpful in the future for dedi compatability. The civ's spawn around the first player to join the server as intended but they won't spawn around other players on other parts of the map. I realise that the mod is created for sp but we like to play small coop missions so we stick together and the mod works really well and no one notices the current limitations. Things that work on a dedi server: walking civs, cars, boats, animals. Unfortunately I can't confirm if the ambient helicopters work, as of yet I haven't noticed any(might have been too focused on nailing the bad guys :p ). Only strange thing to report would be the animals.... We've seen various dogs, goats, chickens and sheep all walking about but we have also seen phantom shadows of sheep and if memory serves me a shadow of a cow but I've not seen any cows in game. Keep up the good work.

UKGZ www.uk-gaming-zone.co.uk

Little story:

Last night I was pinned down in some corner, wondering how I was going to get across a gap. To my joy, a van came up the road, so I took advantage & ran alongside it using it as mobile cover for the short distance I needed to run.

Emergent gameplay FTW :)

Latest release: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS.zip

20130917:

[CARS 1.14] Commandeer menu item removed after car commandeered

[FALL 1.14] Units can now be killed immediately while lying incapacitated after ragdoll fall

[EBS 1.11] Minor explosion handling improvements

that was fast! is there a way to make a donation for your efforts?

And back to my original issues. I tried my mission in SP with the TPW_los and still could not see any blue dots. When I run the hint script it does say that los is active but I cant see any effect.

Just to make sure by SP you mean, I import my mission to singleplayer and play it from there, correct?

Nice addons :D

Radio not work in SP, i try with empy Hunter and MH-9 for exemple, but not listen radio, outside, inside, motor on and off.

Houslights not work in SP, in Altis at 23h i visit some towns, but i only see the streets lights, not the houses.

Radio is indeed working in SP, inside and outside any vehicle.You might need to hang around for up to 60 seconds to hear something.

Houselights are definitely working in SP too. They only come on in habitable houses (basically the white ones with red roofs), not in any of the wrecks, or stone houses, or shops. If there are a lot of streetlights nearby then the house dynamic light may not come on, but its flare will.

Please make sure your config is ok.

Could it be possible to add police? Like if cops see you shooting civilians or doing other illegal activity, they start to chase you. And police cars to patrol on roads for speeders, etc? Like if you cross a speed limit in view of a police, the police cars starts to chase you or something like that?

Here is my Police Truck if you want to use it. As TPW stated, its more on the Mission level.

handle = this spawn {sleep 0.1;      _this animate ["HidePolice", 0]; _this animate ["HideBumper2", 0]; _this animate ["HideConstruction", 0]; _this setObjectTexture [0, "\A3\soft_F\Offroad_01\Data\Offroad_01_ext_BASE02_CO.paa"]; _this setObjectTexture [1, "\A3\soft_F\Offroad_01\Data\Offroad_01_ext_BASE02_CO.paa"];}; 

The Police I use are more Mod dependent so you'll have to search on your own to dress them.

that was fast! is there a way to make a donation for your efforts?

And back to my original issues. I tried my mission in SP with the TPW_los and still could not see any blue dots. When I run the hint script it does say that los is active but I cant see any effect.

Just to make sure by SP you mean, I import my mission to singleplayer and play it from there, correct?

My mistake! I dont have CBA and I noticed the TPW_los uses cba framehandler, so I guess there is the fault. Sorry If I caused you extra effort :P

Oh man! The combination of EBS and Bleedout are AMAZING! I was messing about with a single player running the gauntlet through a bunch of African Rebel Fighters (from another great mod) in Kavala, and it was the most intense hour of gaming ever! The sound of choppers overhead, the civilians running around as if heading for their homes amid the chaos, and the cars zooming past just made it so insanely realistic and terrifying. Well done, sir! I doff my cap to thee!

TPW MODs is top stuff! It brings the island to life. I totally understand why you want to work on SP only, so I really hope someone can make an MP version, but either way it is now essential for any SP missions I play. Thanks for taking the time to make this and share these mods :)

Great addon, thank you!

I'm another player who sticks to SP and the editor. MP is just poorly designed and executed, missions are stretched over far too large of an area with the current net code and engine structure (take over all of Altis? Really?) so the addon does a fantastic job scaling down the game to a manageable size while increasing immersion and the feeling you're part of a living world.

EDIT: One point I'm not sure was addressed yet - civilians flip through clothing when dead, and they lie on the ground switching between textures.

I find the majority of the mods work in MP anyway. Making a living island is just superb - I'm sure there are other things we could have that would spice it up too (insert new mod here tpw !)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Is your game music turned off?

Yes, from the original OFP of bohemia i ever turn off music when i installed the sim :p

TPW, I play with all your addons and they seem to work on MP (at least all civs and vehicles spawns, fall, LOS are present thou maybe EBS is limited to SP) and they´re a blessing... except for one...

Indeed, the radio stops any mood music that the mission script is playing... is there a way to make both sounds play together without one disabling the other? I was rather upset when I´ve setup (through MCC) to play the ArmA3 theme (This is war) music while I rushed with a Hunter "Leroy Jenkins style" against some insurgents (planning an epic roadkill) and then bamf a radio cuts the music =P

I´m reconfiging the interval of radio to 600 so it only play from 10 to 10 minutes ;D (but i´m still at risk of it ruining the mood music =P

Can I ask what is the benefit of running the TPW_los script using the CBA_fnc_addperframehandler instead of using a loop with 0.5sec sleep? I can now confirm that the script works like it should once I removed the dependancy for CBA.

And I must say!! What a difference! Amazing stuff.

Oh man! The combination of EBS and Bleedout are AMAZING! I was messing about with a single player running the gauntlet through a bunch of African Rebel Fighters (from another great mod) in Kavala, and it was the most intense hour of gaming ever! The sound of choppers overhead, the civilians running around as if heading for their homes amid the chaos, and the cars zooming past just made it so insanely realistic and terrifying. Well done, sir! I doff my cap to thee!

Thanks hv, I really appreciate that kind of feedback. This is how I hoped the mod would affect the SP experience for people.

TPW MODs is top stuff! It brings the island to life. I totally understand why you want to work on SP only, so I really hope someone can make an MP version, but either way it is now essential for any SP missions I play. Thanks for taking the time to make this and share these mods :)

Again, thanks.

Great addon, thank you!

I'm another player who sticks to SP and the editor. MP is just poorly designed and executed, missions are stretched over far too large of an area with the current net code and engine structure (take over all of Altis? Really?) so the addon does a fantastic job scaling down the game to a manageable size while increasing immersion and the feeling you're part of a living world.

EDIT: One point I'm not sure was addressed yet - civilians flip through clothing when dead, and they lie on the ground switching between textures.

I'm pretty sure the flickering you refer to is due to the way the ragdolling is implemented in TPW FALL. When a unit is hit it is hidden and replaced with the same unit which is then killed. And then replaced again with the original unit. Phew! Trouble is, if the unit has customised clothing, as tpw civlians do, then the replacement ragdoll won't have them. I will see if I can come up with something

I find the majority of the mods work in MP anyway. Making a living island is just superb - I'm sure there are other things we could have that would spice it up too (insert new mod here tpw !)

New mods will be inserted there!

;2507700']TPW' date=' I play with all your addons and they seem to work on MP (at least all civs and vehicles spawns, fall, LOS are present thou maybe EBS is limited to SP) and they´re a blessing... except for one...

Indeed, the radio stops any mood music that the mission script is playing... is there a way to make both sounds play together without one disabling the other? I was rather upset when I´ve setup (through MCC) to play the ArmA3 theme (This is war) music while I rushed with a Hunter "Leroy Jenkins style" against some insurgents (planning an epic roadkill) and then bamf a radio cuts the music =P

I´m reconfiging the interval of radio to 600 so it only play from 10 to 10 minutes ;D (but i´m still at risk of it ruining the mood music =P[/quote']

I feel your pain. Radio sounds are played using playsound3d when the player is outside the vehicle, to make it seem like the sound is coming from the vehicle. However this command won't work in a moving vehicle - the sound starts playing but the vehicle then moves away from it. Hence I use playmusic when inside a vehicle, and as you have noticed this command interferes with in game music that is playing. I will consider this further...

Can I ask what is the benefit of running the TPW_los script using the CBA_fnc_addperframehandler instead of using a loop with 0.5sec sleep? I can now confirm that the script works like it should once I removed the dependancy for CBA.

And I must say!! What a difference! Amazing stuff.

6 of one, 1/2 a dozen of the other. The perframe stuff seems to work better in some situations where response is critical. But I might be imagining it. For the addon user it makes no difference because the addon requires CBA to launch anyway.

Hey TPW,

I'm another one to add my support to your mods. I think this mod collection is mandatory for Arma 3 like ACE is for Arma 2. I only play SP and mess in the editor so I don't miss the MP compatibility.

I replayed a mission I threw together a few days ago but added your mod and the whole game session played out differently. It was much more fun and challenging with AI actually taking cover rather then just standing around waiting to be shot. During the session I ran out of Demo Charges to finish the mission and I was able to steal a car and drive back for resupply, it was excellent.

I know you already looked into it but I do enjoy watching the enemy fly around when they blow up, if you ever find a way to reintroduce that feature that would be the icing on the cake.

Hi TPW, AI drivers in Arma 3 are sooo bad still. They run over teammates and civilian drivers run over BLUFOR all day. Is a TPW driving on your radar to go along with the ambient vehicles?

Hi TPW, AI drivers in Arma 3 are sooo bad still. They run over teammates and civilian drivers run over BLUFOR all day. Is a TPW driving on your radar to go along with the ambient vehicles?

I'm not sure if I can polish that particular turd. AI do have entity avoidance built in to their FSM, and vehicles will generally slow or stop if their driver sees something in the way. But quite often they don't, and I don't know if that is because the engine can't afford to allocate the resources necessary for competent AI driving without slowing the game to a crawl or what.

Question. I'm trying to up the amount of civs their are. But I don't think changing density seems to do anything. It says "houses per civ". To me that means the higher the number, the less the civs. So decimals work right?

Yet.

0 shuts it down.

1000 or .0001 gives me no more or less civs.

What am I doing wrong?

Question. I'm trying to up the amount of civs their are. But I don't think changing density seems to do anything. It says "houses per civ". To me that means the higher the number, the less the civs. So decimals work right?

Yet.

0 shuts it down.

1000 or .0001 gives me no more or less civs.

What am I doing wrong?

Are you running in MP? It uses a default of 5 houses per civ in MP.

tpw_civ_density is definitely working. If I set it to 1 I get 1 civ per house. How can I tell?

By entering tpw_civ_debug=1 into the debug console. This will tell you how many enterable houses are near the player, and how many civs