Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

No Warfare Mode? No <X>?

What the hell is this? It's taken me a while to realize how incomplete this release is. Forget campaign. Forget nearly no original vehicle models. Forget the unfinished 3D scopes and tank reticles.

Where is warfare mode? Where are any other modes? What is this?

The "no promises," "sandbox platform," "quality over quantity" and "future content" deal is ridiculous. I, along with countless others, bought your game. Together we gave you more money than I could ever imagine. If you needed time, take it. Don't release an unfinished, half assed pile (correct that -- pinch) of content when it's not ready; I would've gladly waited longer for a real release. What happened to all the talk of not releasing an unfinished game like ArmA 2? The game's officially out BI, and you really fucked up.

Oh, and to everyone saying that we need to "put faith in BI for future content" and that "BI doesn't owe us anything," you're as ignorant as could be. Keeping quiet is taken as a pat on the back. I, and others, say these things because we love BI, not because we hate them. I simply can't stand the bitterness of seeing an ArmA title being this way. Bohemia, please fix what you've done.

Has there being any official feature list that included warfare?

Has there being any official feature list that included warfare?

Pretty sure there hasn't, but I'm also pretty sure that doesn't make it OK to try to release an obviously still unfinished game.

I vaguely remember seeing something about an improved warfare or something that might replace it altogether, I believe there's a version of Benny's warfare available for Arma3 which is far superior than Arma 2 wf module.

But we still need factories and MHQs for the CTI, it's a real dissapointment we don't have anything of these. CTI was one of the main features of A1 and A2, and now we don't have even enough content (i.e. MHQs and buildings) to craft it well enough. We have to use different houses to represent different factories, that's a shame. It would be an excellent desicion from BIS to give us that kind of content.

Search for "BECTI". It is TvT warfare with factories and upgrades and a commander and almost all usual warfare shit (without town "camps" and respawn vehicles for the moment).

We play this mission (edited) a lot on our GBB servers.

Always disliked "game modes" for ArmA. Especially dislike Warfare. Instead of coop it devolved into multiple people playing single player on the same server.

Lets get back to challenging and dynamic missions where you had to think and plan instead of just chasing markers or playing RTS instead of ArmA.

Always disliked "game modes" for ArmA. Especially dislike Warfare. Instead of coop it devolved into multiple people playing single player on the same server.

Lets get back to challenging and dynamic missions where you had to think and plan instead of just chasing markers or playing RTS instead of ArmA.

I liked warfare mostly to play singleplayer or with a few select friends; I agree that smaller more focused missions can be much more fun. I just like having dynamic scale (AI) while not needing that many players. To each his own though, I suppose. And damn, I sound really mad in this... could be because I was waiting for a pizza to be delivered and was starving.

You say you don't mind waiting but still you complain. The fact that they call this the "release" doesn't change anything if like you said you wouldn't have minded waiting. Just wait until the game is up to your standard and have a imaginary release just for you. See problem solved.

I liked warfare mostly to play singleplayer or with a few select friends; I agree that smaller more focused missions can be much more fun. I just like having dynamic scale (AI) while not needing that many players. To each his own though, I suppose. And damn, I sound really mad in this... could be because I was waiting for a pizza to be delivered and was starving.

"TeeTimes" has released his warfare mod "TeeTimes Warfare." It was available on Stratis, so i'm sure hes just updating it to Altis.

I'm like kylania though, don't really like how you can make your own army. I do like how there are fixed towns/objectives that both teams fight for and can Capture/Recapture until the front line is pushed back to another objective.

Regarding public games, a good portion of the CTI crowd are pretty tight nit. If you frequent the same server(s), you make "allies". It isn't hard & certainly not uncommon for folks to work together even in public CTI games. Also, you show new players the ropes. Which is another good way to develop trusting allies =)

Who knows, if I remember right back in ArmA 1 the devs brought the warfare mode in the later stages of the game, with one of their patches as a surprise. After all the people, especially mission makers fell in love with it they most likely decided to leave it to the community's wits and imagination after ArmA 2. Benny pretty much made the perfect thing already so why would they waste time on making a new one? All it needs of course is polishing/balancing, especially with the uniform/vest bugs and so forth. Remember ArmA 3 has just officially released and my guess is there is a lot to come still, even if it comes bit by bit.