franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA2 by Nodunit and Franze

Thanks a lot for informing us of the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (NodUnit) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Edited by Guest
added A2 as requirement

Totally awesome, been waiting for this!

Thanks for your hard work...

/KC

This is great news for a Saturday morning! (now I need some coffee) Thank you!! :cool:

huge respect. this is truly amazing to see after all this time. such quality its one of the few mods that'll get me dusting a2 off again. thanks!

A very impressive bit of work. Congratulations on completing it.

Certainly an intimidating beast to get to grips with, look forward to getting a bit more in-depth now I've managed to get it of the ground hah.

DH 80s-90s infantry and now THIS. :rolleyes:

I been watching this mod for a while now congrats on the release guys , any chance of the "A" models being released soon too?

BTW seen a kiowa in one of the pics too you cheeky buggers ;) Keep it up :)

Sav

WOAH! Finally it happens.

This looks like one of the best mods for ArmA ever.

Damage system that's not just a decal too

Congrats on the release guys!

Is that possible, that you can make the switches actual working(I mean if i toggle the Battery,then the switch is turning)?

It's probably my fault, but I can't seem to turn on the battery for some reason? I have the interaction key 20 mapped to Left Windows key. Other cockpit stuff seems to work ok so I think I'm not doing something right? I have gone through the manual briefly and read the "operation" bit quite carefully but I think I might have missed something.

Anyway the bird is fabulous and when put already in flight its ausum! :cool:

Been watching this for a long long time, can't wait till I am able to try it out in a bit.

Really happy to see my favourite helicopter recreated in such a way.

However I haven't been keeping up with the other thread for the past few weeks and in a quick look I couldn't see an answer so please forgive me if this has already been asked and answered but: Will we ever see this in ArmA3?

same question here... I have played in the AiA (All in Arma) mod, but kicks undefined variable errors at this point. Playable still but non the less... I want to say, that this is one helo I have been waiting for... I can only hope that this will be playable in Arma 3 without the need for AiA as it is truly a awesome piece of work and looks awesome to say the least on the new maps with all the eye candy... please, please, (getting down on my knees) please... make a version for Arma 3, with all the goodies... :)

-Raps

That's a lot of helicopter right there! Awesome to finally see a release of this masterpiece :D

I'll try to answer a few questions:

Engine startup: This was a last minute thing demanded by Nodunit, so I didn't have time to include proper feedback of what's happening throughout the startup process. If you turn the battery on, then the APU, if the engine switches will go forward (on) then your sequence is good; if they don't, you need to go back and click the battery and APU again. After you switch the rotor brake off, you should be able to throttle up as with any other helicopter, but if you turn the engines off at any time you'll have to go back to the engine switches and continue from that step. You can use this switch in an init field to make it start up like any other helicopter: fza_ah64_cem = false

I will be adding indications on the UFD and likely startup sounds to add some feedback for what's happening during startup.

ArmA3: To be decided; a TKOH move has been planned for some time now. The scripting all needs an overhaul before we can consider a move in any case.

That's the sort of thing that I'm saying could/should be replicated in the Aircraft Operation section.

I asked Franze about it but he'd rather keep it as, between wanting to give users the challenge of memorization and the presence of it being adressed in Overview under the training campaign.

And thank you for the hosting space :) And that sounds like a really cool feature, i can't wait to hear more about it! Until then I'll check the armaholic forum as well to see if anyone has any questions or problems.

I been watching this mod for a while now congrats on the release guys , any chance of the "A" models being released soon too?

BTW seen a kiowa in one of the pics too you cheeky buggers ;) Keep it up :)

Sav

You were supposed to scroll through the pictures :P I can't says for certain on the A at this point, we have lots of fixing to do on the Delta but by comparison on function it will be much quicker so it could happen.

Is that possible, that you can make the switches actual working(I mean if i toggle the Battery,then the switch is turning)?

We'd like to but we'll need to use a system other than bones to do it, right now the avionics are taking a great deal in order to do what they do and we still want to keep plans for the various digital video displays later on.

Pretty all of our reactions :D

Ha! I remember when that video was used in regards to Arma 3 at first..I am really happy to see so many people pleased, Franze was eager to release but I was literally sweating it, and if you find a few problems or ugly bits please don't hesitate to notify me. There is still much work to be done especially on the texture, i was caught up doing....other things so there will be a few discrepencies.

Damage system that's not just a decal too

Yes indeed, always have your extinguishers at the ready and be careful about tapping the nose against things.

You may need to look at the battery setting rather than the battery itself, the windows key might not work as well, will try it out.

Truth be told you don't need AiA to use this, you'll still get the errors however and you will need to place it empty as it will return an error if you try standard pilots.

You may also need to use the GETIN function for air due to the start up system sometimes not working.

Also as a tip for those of you with joysticks (and wanting to use interaction), you can bind custom user key 20 to a joystick button, engage in freelook and fly with only the mouse and joystick to guide your way. The buttons are 100% accurate in flight regardless of pitch or bank.

Oh yes and do feel free to share photo's of your experiences, we'd love want to see your most specular "Oh shit" moments or hear stories of your exploits, and if you have any questions or problems just ask and we will answer to the best of our ability.

Edited by NodUnit

same question here... I have played in the AiA (All in Arma) mod, but kicks undefined variable errors at this point. Playable still but non the less... I want to say, that this is one helo I have been waiting for... I can only hope that this will be playable in Arma 3 without the need for AiA as it is truly a awesome piece of work and looks awesome to say the least on the new maps with all the eye candy... please, please, (getting down on my knees) please... make a version for Arma 3, with all the goodies... :)

-Raps

+1000000 for that ;)

We'd like to let Arma 3 simmer a bit, the dropping of the TOH flight model was a bit of a blow and the things we wanted to see are still in early stages, physX being a big part of that.

If there are to be any official A3 releases it will definately be a while after all vehicle content is released and various bug fixes, the locking rotors for example as well as the inability to taxi so we can't replicate this https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1572185904855

I do highly recommend dropping the bird into your A3 addons folder, switching on freelook and using the joystick to fly around Altis however, it's a very smooth flight...best viewed from the gunner seat.

Edited by NodUnit

Congrats on the release guys. Glad I was able to help out with this beast. When my computer finally gets fixed, I'll be able to mess around with it again :-)