AH-64D Apache Longbow Public Release v1 for ArmA2
UPDATED! See below for v1.4
After more than 3 years, we are finally ready to make the first release of our AH-64D to ArmA2! This addon represents a full circle for us: I had first started on an Apache Longbow for Operation Flashpoint 10 years ago; Nodunit and I made our first combined upgraded release 8 years ago. Now we've finally been able to come back and do what we could only dream of several years ago. While it is far from complete, we made a promise to the ArmA2 community that when ArmA3 was close to going gold, we would release - a little less than 2 weeks from now, ArmA3 will go gold, so here we are. Watch this topic for future updates and bug fixes over the next few weeks!
- Fully dynamic arming - select individual rocket zones and rails!
- Interactive cockpit - look at a part in the cockpit and interact with it!
- Damage system - Systems fail, weapons are destroyed, and displays malfunction!
- Pilot can control the gun and PNVS turret - compatible with TrackIR and freelook!
- AH-64D Block II variant represented, with and without Longbow radar
- 5 mission training campaign
- 10 mission full campaign
- 4 single missions
- 5 multiplayer missions
- ... and more!
REFERENCE MANUAL: Online Manual
- Modified model and texture.
- Added skin selection to arming menu.
- Fixed some glitches with ASE, TSD, and FCR displays.
- Modified data transfer mechanics.
- Fixed bug with PNVS and FLIR lenses on the model.
- Fixed multiplayer bugs with scripting not initializing.
- Added CPG control options when AI is piloting.
- Modified model UV coordinates.
- Fixed bug with multiplayer missile avoidance.
- Modified gun tracking in HMD and AUTO modes to remove bank error.
- Modified IHADSS scripting to work faster on per frame handler.
- Modified weapon damage so that if using a linked weapon and one
pylon is damaged, only ordnance is lost on that pylon.
- New laser designation system for CPG.
- New experimental mouse input for click actions: when the Head Tracking On action
is used, the mouse will move the 'X' click action point.
- Gun burst no longer forced time restriction. Gun now has overheat tracking
and overuse can result in gun jamming.
- Gunner heads down symbology in place.
- Added DTV monochrome effect.
- Modified gun control: gun control exclusively the realm of the CPG in multiplayer.
- Fixed issue with MPD buttons not working with CEM off.
- Modified shadow LOD.
- Modified pilot LOD.
- Modified missile guidance.
- Modified missions to account for new damage scripting.
- Modified campaign missions "Pin Drop" and "Hallowed Ground" to include radio
commands for ordering Dusk Knight to stop, continue, or fly to an area. Dusk
Knight will also wait until the player takes off to continue his way route.
- Modified pilot and gunner LODs to have weapons and rotor components.
- Fixed crew placement in crew fire LOD placement that resulted in their being
unhittable except in certain places. Still requires a weapon capable of
penetrating armor to prevent 'makarov' crew kills.
- Fixed vulnerability in underside of cockpit area.
- Opening doors will now allow crew to be shot.
- Fixed pilot able to use SAL missiles without a gunner.
- Changed weapon and ammo class inheritance.
- Modified missile guidance scripting.
- Fixed cockpit glass invulnerability.
- Fixed CPG-Pilot multiplayer issue with gun/pylons.
- Fixed shadow issues.
- Fixed skin selection areas.
- Fixed TADS stow for CPG.
- Engine startup now has sounds and UFD/WCA page feedback for state of components.
- APU and engines will burn fuel in complex startups.
- IHADSS must be turned on (IHADSS toggle action) after battery turned on.
- Added IHADSS toggle capability to click action on IHADSS storage box.
- UFD, MPDs, and IHADSS in off state until battery, APU, or engines are on.
- Added rotor RPM audio message when exceeding 110% and an altitude above 5m while ENG page active.
- Modified UFD messages to be uniform in color and size; removed some messages.
- Replaced main rotor sounds with Robert Hammer samples.
- Improved shadow LOD.
- M230 burst behavior changed - waiting 1 second or more in the middle of a burst resets burst limit.
- Fixed FCR page components errors with TSD.
- Fixed gunner unable to turn on FCR in single player.
- Fixed Pilot-CPG damage effects - now passed between crew members.
- Fixed click helper not appearing after resuming from a saved game.
- Fixed CPG TSD map not hiding.
Known issues -
- Player will report 'out of fuel' radio message with CEM on. Reason: to keep
player from being able to take off without going through startup procedure,
fuel is set to 0 until startup procedure has been followed. Cannot disable the
default radio 'out of fuel' message.
- IHADSS toggle sometimes takes several activations/presses to initialize.
- Betty audio messages will play when dead or out of aircraft.
- Audio issues with engine loop sound.
- Sometimes engine startup procedure is skipped.
Master Link (v1.4, 105MB RAR)
ArmAholic mirror (v1.32)
ArmA2Base.de mirror (v1.1)
Edited by franze, 23 April 2016 - 02:32.
V1.32 links added