major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Hi major_shephard

Many thanks for your work in maintaining this. Spirited Machine's launcher was far & away my favourite in A2/CO, and ArmA3Sync has extended that concept brilliantly.

What a contrast to BIS' Arma3 launcher, quite astonishingly abysmal.

One issue I have - I can't seem to persuade it to turn off "show scripts errors". Whether the box is ticked or unticked they still pop up. Anyone else finding that?

Again, thank you, and Happy 2017!

Hello,

First, thank you so much for this AMAZING tool, my friends and I cannot handle mods without ! :icon14:

I am setting up a remote FTP server and installed also a local Arma3Sync instance: the aim is to download mods, then build the repo locally, in an automated way on linux.

A cron job should be able to rebuild the repo daily if needed, so, I am looking at the command

Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -BUILD "NomDuDépot" 

But I don't know how to specify the parameters (the ones provided interactively with Arma3Sync-console.sh script), do you have some advise ?

I am very sorry to bother, but I actually failed to find my answer.

Thank you !

17 hours ago, galevsky said:

Hello,

First, thank you so much for this AMAZING tool, my friends and I cannot handle mods without ! :icon14:

I am setting up a remote FTP server and installed also a local Arma3Sync instance: the aim is to download mods, then build the repo locally, in an automated way on linux.

A cron job should be able to rebuild the repo daily if needed, so, I am looking at the command

Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -BUILD "NomDuDépot" 

But I don't know how to specify the parameters (the ones provided interactively with Arma3Sync-console.sh script), do you have some advise ?

I am very sorry to bother, but I actually failed to find my answer.

Thank you !

Run Arma3Sync-console.sh, use the NEW command to create a repo with name NomDuDépot, then use the BUILD command with repo NomDuDépot and set the parameters as it is asked. 

From this point you can now run your own script with Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -BUILD "NomDuDépot". This will automatically rebuild  the repository with the parameters previously provided.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2017 at 3:08 PM, orcinus said:

Hi major_shephard

Many thanks for your work in maintaining this. Spirited Machine's launcher was far & away my favourite in A2/CO, and ArmA3Sync has extended that concept brilliantly.

What a contrast to BIS' Arma3 launcher, quite astonishingly abysmal.

One issue I have - I can't seem to persuade it to turn off "show scripts errors". Whether the box is ticked or unticked they still pop up. Anyone else finding that?

Again, thank you, and Happy 2017!

What happens if you try to run Arma3.exe?

No problems there, A3 launches fine, all selected mods load, etc. It's just annoying that I can't turn off script errors. If I use command line launch, script errors don't show unless I add the -showScriptErrors parameter.

I'm actually downloading an update at this very moment - 1.5.84 - so I'll see if that has the same issue & get back to you.

Cheers!

12 hours ago, major_shepard said:

Run Arma3Sync-console.sh, use the NEW command to create a repo with name NomDuDépot, then use the BUILD command with repo NomDuDépot and set the parameters as it is asked. 

From this point you can now run your own script with Java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -BUILD "NomDuDépot". This will automatically rebuild  the repository with the parameters previously provided.

Works perfectly ! I guess that I can copy my existing repository file

./resources/ftp/localrepo.a3s.repository

into fresh Arma3sync setup to skip the repository creation.... thanks a lot ! :icon14:

23 hours ago, orcinus said:

I'm actually downloading an update at this very moment - 1.5.84 - so I'll see if that has the same issue & get back to you.

Unfortunately it did not make a difference. Script errors still show up. Peculiar since, as one would expect, a shortcut made from the launcher does not have "-showScriptErrors"; i.e. it seems unlikely that the launcher is adding that parameter. Hmm, I think I had better check that the latest stable does have it off by default still.

Hi all, got this today

Spoiler

Generated by ArmA3Sync 1.5.84
13 févr. 2017 12:43:05

--- Download report ---
Repository name: 3rd Special Forces Group
Repository url: http://**.**.**.**.**
Download finished on: 13 févr. 2017 12:42:32

Download finished with errors:
- Failed to retreive file /@3rdSFG Optionnels/@JSRS4APEX/AddOns/jsrs_soundmod_p_vehiclesounds.pbo.zip
WARNING: Incompete file size transfer. Remote size: 159414856 Bytes, Transfered size: 130023424 Bytes/nServer does not supports resuming.
- Failed to retreive file /@3rdSFG Optionnels/@JSRS4APEX/AddOns/jsrs_soundmod_p_environmensounds.pbo.zip
WARNING: Incompete file size transfer. Remote size: 178995600 Bytes, Transfered size: 130023424 Bytes/nServer does not supports resuming.
- Failed to retreive file /@3rdSFG Optionnels/@JSRS4APEX/AddOns/jsrs_soundmod_p_airsounds.pbo.zip
WARNING: Incompete file size transfer. Remote size: 197155964 Bytes, Transfered size: 130023424 Bytes/nServer does not supports resuming.

37 minutes ago, major_shepard said:

@Shifty.fr You must enable Range Request (= partial file transfer) on the http server.

It's already enable :/

a42e725cf6.png

@major_shepard ACRE2 is now updated and requires TS3.1. I haven't gotten home to try it out yet, but I suspect the plugin installation path now will need some changing in the plugin-installer in A3S.

https://github.com/IDI-Systems/acre2/releases/tag/v2.4.0.942

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193813-advanced-combat-radio-environment-2-acre2/?page=11#comment-3152597

I plan to remove both TFAR and ACRE2 wizard from ArmA3Sync. TFAR now comes with is own auto installer with does the job, ask ACRE team to do the same.

• Like 1

Hey major_shepard.

Can you help me with a question about the download?

Everytime we have a repository update, all the changed .pbo-files get downloaded in full size. That means we are downloading whole mods instead of the changed pieces. Maybe i am overlooking a setting...

We have A3Sync installed on our dedicated rootserver, the repository is setup via filezilla hosting-software and the users connect via autoconfig. So the whole downloading procedure is perfect, fast and working.

Could you give me a hint regarding my issue?

Thank you in advance

Ben

FileZilla is a FTP server. FTP transfer does not allow partial file transfer, That's why you redownload the all file wathever the update size. 

Move to a HTTP server like Apache for hosting the repo so that you can benefit from partial file transfer.

Head -> Table...

Definitely overlooked this one!

Thanks for your helpful reply major_shepard!

On 14/02/2017 at 0:51 PM, major_shepard said:

I plan to remove both TFAR and ACRE2 wizard from ArmA3Sync. TFAR now comes with is own auto installer with does the job, ask ACRE team to do the same.

Since ACRE2 2.2 it will automatically try to copy the plugin to TeamSpeak plugins folder when initialized, http://acre2.idi-systems.com/wiki/user/installation

Hey Shepard,

I have an issue with one of our players. He downloaded my provided auto-config. When he tries to import it, he gets the following message:

(Top is on the server side -> Filezilla & his IP. Below is his error message he receives)

A3Sync_Issues.png

The repo otherwise works smoothly. 25 other guys running without an issue, Myself included.

Do you have an idea what is going wrong?

Thanks

Best regards

Hey shep, great work so far.

Only problem I've had is that there was a workshop folder (in the A3 root directory) where all workshop addons would be downloaded into and then I'd launch A3 launcher to install them.
The folder is gone and A3sync shows !Workshop like any other manually installed addon in A3. It doesen't recognize any of the mods in !workshop anymore.

Any help?

Hey guys

Can I give a request for the update that I no doubt will be coming once 64bit hits.

Can we please remove the ACRE2 installer. The latest version of ACRE installs the DLLs and gets the teamspeak plugin running Automatically upon the first boot of the game. I've found a number of my members have tried using the Installer from ArmA sync and all other have connection and performance issues once they log into the game.

It appears ACRE is best left to be installed by itself.

*Edit*

lol I just noticed others have mentioned this, disregard

12 hours ago, Gruman said:

Hey Shepard,

I have an issue with one of our players. He downloaded my provided auto-config. When he tries to import it, he gets the following message:

(Top is on the server side -> Filezilla & his IP. Below is his error message he receives)

A3Sync_Issues.png

The repo otherwise works smoothly. 25 other guys running without an issue, Myself included.

Do you have an idea what is going wrong?

Thanks

Best regards

try disabling antivirus and firewall, check write permissions on arma3sync installation directory.

12 hours ago, M.Frost said:

Hey shep, great work so far.

Only problem I've had is that there was a workshop folder (in the A3 root directory) where all workshop addons would be downloaded into and then I'd launch A3 launcher to install them.
The folder is gone and A3sync shows !Workshop like any other manually installed addon in A3. It doesen't recognize any of the mods in !workshop anymore.

Any help?

Did BIS changed something about workshop downloaded addons lately?

I'm having issues trying to set the dir for Arma

SSShTyn.png

I press Select and it crashes.

And when I use the .bat and press select I get this

x0p34Zb.png

What should I do?