Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Altis - Info & Discussion

Re-read Zimms post again Brain,clearly states Rocket did the Aoraki/Mount Cook terrain.

Understood that he referred to my Antarctica suggestion, and the only Antarctica map was made by bushlurker.

I think i´ve found 5 airports so far, (for anyone who´s interested)

Some are recognized by the white map but i think a few are not visible either in the livestream or on the white map.

Could not see much of the eastern part of the map but it´s something at least.

I also think there could be airports in the mountains, particularly south west (Myrina area). When zoomed out on the white map you could see perfectly straight lines (not the airports already marked) which i´m not sure what it is.

http://i.imgur.com/73sUxMV.jpg

I´m guessing there´s two airports left, one near Old Base/Myrina and one south of Kontopouli (pure guesses just based on distance between airports)

Edited by RushHour

I think i´ve found 5 airports so far, (for anyone who´s interested)

Some are recognized by the white map but i think a few are not visible either in the livestream or on the white map.

Could not see much of the eastern part of the map but it´s something at least.

I also think there could be airports in the mountains, particularly south west (Myrina area). When zoomed out on the white map you could see perfectly straight lines (not the airports already marked) which i´m not sure what it is.

http://i.imgur.com/73sUxMV.jpg

I´m guessing there´s two airports left, one near Old Base/Myrina and one south of Kontopouli (pure guesses just based on distance between airports)

Edit: silly me not looking before speaking.

I went to the gamescom yesterday. I tried to play on Altis. It's really nicely made, cities are big and full of details. Player will love to spend time with this huge map.

You can get inside the old windmill. Just a couple of big building are partially open but for the rest you're free to move into.

I went to the gamescom yesterday. I tried to play on Altis. It's really nicely made, cities are big and full of details. Player will love to spend time with this huge map.

You can get inside the old windmill. Just a couple of big building are partially open but for the rest you're free to move into.

What was the performance like?

The PC's at gamescom are probably high-end. It's not a good performance testing place, and I doubt they would let people play on Altis if FPS was bad.

also take into account the nice flat planes will not really effect performance...who knows lets all find out on Monday!!

Was good. The view distance setting were not too high (2/3 km I guess). I was playing on an empty map (via the editor... :sneaky: ). I saw quite a few new things :a:

I was looking around Marina and didn't notice any performance drop. This map is clearly a big step ahead, player will love it.

also take into account the nice flat planes will not really effect performance...who knows lets all find out on Monday!!

Not true, the west part is clearly hilly... I was walking on the top of a tall one (something like 300m high).

I saw quite a few new things :a:

Did you check for tents by any chance? ;)

Did you check for tents by any chance? ;)

No, sorry, I was more looking at some independent side :o

Ivan buchta is demoing A3 ! One of the GC videos, thought we had lost him

No, sorry, I was more looking at some independent side :o

Are the AAF and the FIA different factions? Or its like in OFP and other armas that it was in the same side.

Could they fight each other?

Are the AAF and the FIA different factions? Or its like in OFP and other armas that it was in the same side.

Could they fight each other?

I think AAF is the Altian Armed Forces and FIA are Guerillas.

Both are independent. (We are going off topic)

Can you list some of the most interesting things you seen on Altis please Papanowel?

Can you list some of the most interesting things you seen on Altis please Papanowel?

I didn't have the time to see a lot unfortunately but I could easily say the old windmill that we already saw in the last bunch of pictures are very nice (near Mirina). In the north of Mirina, there is a nice hill were you can see everything around!

The stadium is under construction , you can see a lot of thing near and on the pitch. The dry lake is nicely done maybe a bit to brown from what I saw. Ivan also show me a big rocks next to a big town (maybe Mirina, not sure). I also saw a lot of small airfield place where you can easily land/take off with a small plane. At least there is one Hospital where you can land your chopper on the roof top (not entirely open, like A2).

Altis will be the place to be in the next few months.

Sounds and looks nice.

A bit concerned about all the closed buildings. I hoped that finally we have large building complexes that are entirely open. Sigh.

A bit concerned about all the closed buildings. I hoped that finally we have large building complexes that are entirely open. Sigh.

There is one building in Stratis that is large enough and is repeated multiple times near the airport. I remember seeing in the feedback tracker devs mentioning they will "consider" making it enterable as well. Well, it never happened :/ And yeah, looks like the corners are being cut with Altis buildings as well.

There is one building in Stratis that is large enough and is repeated multiple times near the airport. I remember seeing in the feedback tracker devs mentioning they will "consider" making it enterable as well. Well, it never happened :/ And yeah, looks like the corners are being cut with Altis buildings as well.

How do you know that? We have no idea if the majority of buildings will be enterable, but going by Stratis I would say the majority will be but we need to wait until Monday to find out.

How do you know that? We have no idea if the majority of buildings will be enterable, but going by Stratis I would say the majority will be but we need to wait until Monday to find out.

I can definitely say that not all the buildings are enterable.

I can definitely say that not all the buildings are enterable.

Neither should they be but the doomsayers on here are a little bit annoying...

Neither should they be but the doomsayers on here are a little bit annoying...

Mostly because they remirror their experiences from over the years. Name one building which had intense indoor-fights in the ArmA series. All were either not completely accessable, too tight for the clumpy movements or not accesable at all. And from Papanowels post it sounded like nothing changed, again.

@ dale0404 were not doomsayers we just expect a bit more from a 4th gen game to have buildings that can be entered is not much of an ask is it in 2013, one of my main reasons to going to a3 was from the first posts about a3 were they were going to support underground structures as a terrain maker it was a big big disappointment to get told later its out the window so it gets a bit more depressing the more time goes on and features get axed or told maybe later is not what a lot of the community want to hear.

to me all buildings should be entered or what is the point of them being there props are what we don't need and interaction is what we need for a infantry based game isn't it.

Underground structures never were promoted as a feature for A3, was a rumor started by the community after seeing a single picture.

And kind of overreaction isn't it? A minority of buildings will not be fully enterable. Hold on till monday before making any more judgements.

I didn't have the time to see a lot unfortunately but I could easily say the old windmill that we already saw in the last bunch of pictures are very nice (near Mirina). In the north of Mirina, there is a nice hill were you can see everything around!

The stadium is under construction , you can see a lot of thing near and on the pitch. The dry lake is nicely done maybe a bit to brown from what I saw. Ivan also show me a big rocks next to a big town (maybe Mirina, not sure). I also saw a lot of small airfield place where you can easily land/take off with a small plane. At least there is one Hospital where you can land your chopper on the roof top (not entirely open, like A2).

Altis will be the place to be in the next few months.

Was there an airfield in the mountains?