Sign in to follow this  
TumZ

Adding streetlamps in resistance

How does one go about adding streetlamps to missions on Nogova? I noticed kegetys editor upgrade has three lamps but then I would have to be sure everyone have that upgrade installed, so that is not a very good solution. I could just move the existing lamps on the map but in 15 minutes I could only find one, lol. I am sure there are more but I don't think there are enough for my mission. So another solution would be trying to duplicate the object? Is it possible duplicate objects? Lots of question in here but I think you all get what I am trying to get to.

well, I'm thinking about it tounge.gif

I know there are duplicate functions but we can not access them... tried camcreate but didn't work... hmm

BTW: you can find lot's of lamps; set the time to 3 am and get in a chopper, fly around

Ahh no, I can't figure this out right now, maybe tomorrow I will get a better idea?

I'm not sure its doable without an addon.

It's gonna take hours to find all the lamps :/

Ok so it took almost three hours to find them all. Too bad there really are not lots of them. If someoen could look at the two that won't turn off I'd appreciate it. Now that we have the IDS all we have to do is use setPOS to move them where we like. It still would be nice to know if we can duplicate these lamps though.

----------------------------------------------

StreetLamp Locations & Object IDS

St. Sedlo

173876 South

173888 North

Davle

Vidlakov

124803 SW

16730  NE

Modrava

Bludov

Velka ves

Lipany

18     NW

14121  Center

161    SW

173887 SE

Lamps that don't turn off w/ SwitchLight

Petrovice

153 east

154 west

if you use the setpos with an object already present on the map, the object will remain where it was placed until resistance is restarted...so you may want to be careful with this method as it may effect any mission played after.

well i tried setpos with the object ids and cannot get it to move them anyway :/ There must be a way to add some streetlamps without an addon.

I created a gamelogic called lamp1 and tried the following in the initialization:

this setPos [getPos object <number> select 0, getPos object <number> select 1, 1]

object <number> [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 1]

I would assume the first one would set this to the position of the object and the second would set the object to the position of the game logic. Either way nothing is working and yet I still keep trying to think of ways :/

UPDATE

-------

Mmmmk,

So I want to add light and don't want to use an addon. Just somethings to touch on so you all know where I am at with this and maybe after reading this you can give me a solution or suggestions.

Vehicles, fires, and streetlamps (except streetlamps on bridge sections) all are light sources. I found that inflame only works for fires in resistance and switchlight must be used for everything else. Every single mention i have seen about turning street lamps on/off say to use the syntax nearestObject [player, "StreetLamp"] switchLight "Off" which I think is horses!@t because it just plainly does not work. I was smart enough to just try lamppost switchLight mode and it worked fine. Great, now I know how to turn streetlamps on/off but how about adding streetlamps? There is no object listed in the editor for it but there are editor addons for them but I want to avoid that because you can never be sure who is not going to have the addon.

One solution I thought of was the place an object here and then go into the mission.sqs and look for it and change the vehicle value to "streetlamp." Unfortunately no entry in config.bin/vehicles.streetlamp or something similiar is what I get when I load the mission into the editor. So apparently the streetlamps are called something else. I noticed there are three types of streetlamps in resistance. The ones on the bridge, which are unworkable and are part of the bridge texture, streetlamps that are grey and look like the ones on the bridge, and the multicolored ones with the green base and the rest is yellow I think. The latter two both work. With the exception od object IDS 153 and 154, for some reason they do not turn off.

Another solution I though was that what I could do is move the streetlamps that are existing from the map. Someone has mentioned if I use the setpos to do that then the objects will remain in the same location that they were now set to from mission to mission and will not return until ofp is restarted, is this true? Either way I could not get setpos to move any streetlamp. What I tried was creating a gamelogic called lamp and in the init I put object 173876 setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 1] and to my luck no lamp was placed where the gamelogic is. I tried replacing all the variable with different combinations of the variables but never could get it to work :/

The other thing I tried was to get light on the streetlamsp on the bridge. To do this also created a gamelogic and put this switchLight "on" but did not put setpos in it yet becasue I just wanted to test it. Well it works and does indeed, but a light there but when I exit preview and go back to map sleection in multiplayer (becasue I like to use mpediting) and i click on Edit my machine crashes :/ I don't know if this is just a small or big bug yet. Maybe I ought to try saving a pbo and see what happens. I do it now but I am tired and need to get some sleep and need to get this post in in hopes taht someone would respond too it when I wake wink.gif

In one of my solutions I thought I could move the lamps and compiled a list of all the streetlamps on Nogova:

StreetLamp Locations & Object IDS

St. Sedlo

173876 South

173888 North

Davle

Vidlakov

124803 SW

16730 NE

Modrava

Bludov

Velka ves

Lipany

18 NW

14121 Center

161 SW

173887 SE

Lamps that don't turn off w/ SwitchLight

Petrovice

153 east

154 west

I just saw in one of Harnu's posts that he used

this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, (getPos this select 2) + 0]

to move an an object by replacing the thiss in the [] brackets, I ownder if this is why my objects haven't moved. Unfortunately, I cannot test until tomorrow night confused.gif

Also Tumz moving the lamps are more complicated. You need to find the elevation that you are putting them at and replace that 0 at the end with the elevation + hieght of the object. You need to play around with it a bit before you can really get them where you want.

Darn Harnu I read your post too late, lol.

Ok, here is what I figured out witht he help of a friend. The reason object were not shohing up was becasue they were most likey underground. Soooooo, with that said, you have to adjust the height variable to get the object at the right height.

Object 173876 setPos [getPos lamp1 select 0,getPos lamp1 select 1,(getPos lamp1 select 2)+19.5]

19.5 is the height i had to use to get it right w/o it being underground.

in a gamelogic named lamp1 did the trick to place the streetlamp where I wanted it. biggrin.gif

By the way, I found that getting the lamps moved isn't the end of it. It seems that if the lamp is not at the right height they don't light right. So far i have one out of the 5 lamps I am using to to light right. I am still tinkering with the others to get them to light. The best solution will be to find out what the darn streetlamps are called so we can do the place a unit here open the mission.sqs and replace the vehicle name with the streetlamp name thingy....