- Not all the changes made to the AI can be logged as and when they happen
- Sometimes the changes made by the programmers require other departments to update or pack their data
- Sometimes that's not always possible right away (i.e. changes to AI Costmaps for terrain, tweaking of new/refined values in configs)
- Sometimes the changes must be put on hold while we make sure/prevent them from entirely annihilating the rest of the game
- Sometimes the changes must be reverted because they destroy more than they heal.
- Sometimes our programmers have to work, rather than talk about working.
You can discuss the changes across in the AI Dev Branch Discussion thread.
First set of notes follows:
When it's possible/useful, we will try to post brief descriptions of recent AI changes done on the development branch. We hope this will help demonstrate the tweaks that we're making and generate useful feedback to help us validate and polish our work.
Fixed: AI turn limitation while aiming
It wasn't supposed to fix rotation speed of AI soldiers, but is letting them use "aiming deadzone" as specified in the unit config (minGunTurnAI, maxGunTurnAI) which is typically 60 degrees cone.
Therefore currently AI should be able to follow targets better without moving whole body.
AI shouldn't take unguided missiles as guided
RPG and NLAW are supposed to be unguided, but AI was still able to use them as guided weapons. This was corrected.
FIX: AI ballistic calculation fixed.
Quite big change, now AI is able to calculate and predict accurate ballistic of bullet, therefore is able to aim and engage targets on all ranges, both static and moving. Also, this improves AI ability to hit moving targets by more precise time of leading calculation. Good way to check this change is try to fight AI sniper on 1km+ range. Of course it still depends on his skill.
FIX: AI now can shoot over animals.
AI was considering animals as friendly, therefore denied to shot in theirs direction. Example: put yours character, enemy soldier and snake animal between you. After this fix AI won't bother with friendly fire against animals.
N.b. Sometimes I'll quote one one of our Programmer's comments, but reserve the right to make splendid editorial adjustments! :cool:
Edited by RoyaltyinExile, 23 July 2013 - 15:06.