Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 108074 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

Just want to throw in that I extracted and installed it fine a few days ago. Windows 8, 64-bit. ARMA2: CO from Amazon.com. Used 7-Zip for the extraction and it was fine.

1. need to know what OS the fails happen on

2. are you on limited rights account? (non admin)

3. what game type you have ? OA, CO, RFT ?

4. what game distribution is it ? retail, steam, sprocket ?

1. XP Pro

2. No

3. A2(Retail)+OA(Retail)+BAF(Sprocket)+PMC(Sprocket)

4. See above.

/KC

OK, just tried steps 1-3 with a freshly unzipped copy. Windows reports that

"...ARMA2_OA_Build_107882.exe is not a valid Win32 application". Doesn't even try to start the install.

We were able to reproduce the problem on the Windows XP.

Work in progress...

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 ----------

There is a fixed Patch.exe version of the latest OA Beta Patch.

It is the ARMA2_OA_Build_108074.zip.

Tell me, whether the installation issues are fixed, please.

Thx.

Edited by Bebul

ok, i edited the thread name so we can continue the discussion here ... let's forget 107882 ;)

Just installed 108704,no installation problems that I can see.

Installation worked for me, no time to play tho ;(

/KC

Tonci87 asked me to post a link to this video:

More info about the issue has been posted here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152275-Cold-War-Rearmed%C2%B2-Public-Beta&p=2445868&viewfull=1#post2445868

and in subsequent posts in that thread. The auto-detections of the unseen blufor sapper after his initial detection after a satchel explosion appear to be the most questionable issues. The first auto-detection after the explosion is fine, as it leads opfor to search the area around the explosion.

There's an issue since build 6400 where parajump scripts lock the player's direction to north after landing, trying to look around results in the view resetting rapidly, many times per second.

I'd give a mission for repro but it's a private mission that isn't meant to be put anywhere public...

There's an issue since build 6400 where parajump scripts lock the player's direction to north after landing, trying to look around results in the view resetting rapidly, many times per second.

I'd give a mission for repro but it's a private mission that isn't meant to be put anywhere public...

Make a copy of your mission, edit it to remove all but the essential parts - player, plane/heli, trigger if any, player's waypoints, whatever scripts are essential for the parajump, etc. See if that behaves the same way. If so upload it as a repro, if not might be due to some other script, or maybe addon conflict.

This video pretty much proves that the opfor AI know about the location of the unseen blufor sapper after satchel detonation, and that they do NOT search the area of the detonation (bad) or the point at which the satchel was touched off (good):

Was this issue supposed to have been fixed in earlier betas?

Edited by OMAC

nice test setup there OMAC. a few comments

1) Supply the test mission please

2) Try without CWR

3) DevCon has more advanced AI debugging; would help to understand better whats going on

My assumption is that the explosion gives OFPFOR knowsAbout 4 about the sapper (aka also position information).

This would be wrong. They should only get to know about the explosion of the satchel, and of the tank from the sound.

In addition the constant position updates of the sapper the OFPFOR seem to get are wrong.

Finally the timeout until they stop search seems too long.

3 questions here:

Will there be another patch / updates after 1.63?

When can we expect 1.63 to be released?

How much will 1.63 change all official/usermade missions and campaign? I mean for those who use beta patch, is it somehow game breaking?

How much will 1.63 change all official/usermade missions and campaign? I mean for those who use beta patch, is it somehow game breaking?

The current Beta version already broke some game missions. As Dwarden said recently: "The current beta breaks our own scripts and modules too , they need to be updated". I hope this will be fixed.

As Seba informed me elsewhere, addon, mod & mission makers will have to fix their own scripts, at least as far as the "undeclared variable" errors are concerned.

As Seba informed me elsewhere, addon, mod & mission makers will have to fix their own scripts, at least as far as the "undeclared variable" errors are concerned.

I've been doing my best to report whether via a 'tracker, thread post and/or PM' the 'undefined variables' errors I've seen in our servers logs to the various mod makers (CBA/ACE/Jayarma2lib/ASR_AI/TPWCAS and others). Some are better than others at even responding, let alone fixing. Here's hoping they all get around to removing the 'undefined variables' as for our systems the entries can take our log files into the double-digit GB figures (and we notice performance issues).

Dwarden is aware of my request to bring in the '-nologs' switch that is available with A3 but its whether they have time, and can port is back to A2 (here's hoping)

-nologs can't fix the issue of need to declare variables on SPAWN etc. that needs to be fixed in our scripts/functions/modules and become part of 'data' update ... (be it in newbeta or RC)

@Dwarden: sorry if I'm being dumb, however I'm somewhat confused. Will the eventual fix eliminate the need for every addon & mod maker (& possibly some mission makers as well) to revise their scripts to ensure all variables have been declared?

TIA

Orc

@Dwarden: sorry if I'm being dumb, however I'm somewhat confused. Will the eventual fix eliminate the need for every addon & mod maker (& possibly some mission makers as well) to revise their scripts to ensure all variables have been declared?

TIA

Orc

yes, all scripts needs to be fixed to adhere the new rules ...

this does apply also to any script being used in Arma 3 via e.g. All in Arma

Ok, thank you.

Bit of a nightmare where authors have left the forum without donating their content, though...

Bug: the latest beta contains a broken CCCP:

Warning Message: Script ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\ai_madetankgunnersuseatandheammo\muzzle\init.sqf not found

I checked and that script is not anywhere in the PBO. There's nothing in the "muzzles" folder except a config.bin:

#define _ARMA_

//Class config.bin{

//DeRap: Entries expected

DeRap: Entries expected

CCCP issues ticket created (is anyone actually looking at those? The BI Forum thread looks moribund at best).

Ok, thank you.

Bit of a nightmare where authors have left the forum without donating their content, though...

Sadly, yes. I still use a lot of older mods that work perfectly with 1.62. However, the 1.63 beta and it's undefined variable expressions are killing my server. I would hate to ditch many great mods despite them working so well for so long now.

Sigh...

Just my two cents. BIS has to do what they have to do.

Just my two cents. BIS has to do what they have to do.

True. At least for SP, I hope there will be a "-noLogs" option as proposed for A3, but that could be a no-no for MP.

-nologs only stops logging not fixing the errors ... also i don' get why you think it can't be used for MP... it's the client/server decision if he wants to log into rpt/log files or not ... plus i never promised -nologs for OA, only as less like maybe

-nologs only stops logging not fixing the errors ... also i don' get why you think it can't be used for MP... it's the client/server decision if he wants to log into rpt/log files or not ... plus i never promised -nologs for OA, only as less like maybe

I personally realise that this doesn't 'fix' the errors but it certainly stops the RPT file from being 'spammed' and constantly written too (using A3 as an example), thus the RPT file increasing in size at a rapid rate (in some situations) - Those with slower HDD's can feel the impact of this in terms of performance issues.

In my situation with 60+ gamers, running various mods (and using the latest Beta), the logs can grow into double-digit GB figures because of 'undefined variables' being written to the RPT file.

This does impact on performance and desync is noticed.

Therefore we have to revert back to the last known Beta that doesn't log 'undefined variables' (103718 I believe).

Again, I'm aware that it's something the 'mods' developers should resolve within their mods (undefined variables), which some mod developers have been very good at doing; but there are other mod developers who are no longer supporting their A2 mods (for whatever reason), have gone silent, or have left the scene. Thus the problem will always exist :(

Edited by LondonLad