Sign in to follow this  
FinaL

Refueling planes?

There isn't any point in having a refueler. It's totally inpractical for helicopters and aeroplanes in the OFP world.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (.236 @ Aug. 05 2002,20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I agree with ALDEGA.

Sorry guys but in-flight refueling just isnt for OFP.

1.) Map sizes.....its just way too small however way you throw the dice.

2.) Unrealistic to have a F16, or UH60 or whatever enter into a combat zone with so little fuel that after 12 miles it will have to refuel.

3.) OFP just isnt a flight simulator....

Agh, anyway, if ya can MOD it and it works, good on ya, but if other more realistic and fun MODs/ADDONs can be made i'd suggest devoting time to them instead.

Although that new game ....think its called "Soldat: Secret Wars" will have somehting like 6000KM x 6000KM maps and together with a *well i've only looked it at over the weekend and so far it looks like funky stuff* very good scripting/programming language called PYTHON (www.python.org) such mods might be real easy to do.<span id='postcolor'>

I disagree:

1.) The OFP engine supports engines up to the size of 4*4 of the original islands which means 51.2 x 51.2 km islands which should be enough for refueling a plane. See http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....78;st=0 for details

2.) If you play a 12 or 24 hour multiplayer game (which has been discussed - to emulate "real war" better - even a 3 or 6 hour game could need air refueling) you might want to have a F-16 in the air all the time to deliver close air support whenever it is needed.

3.) The great thing about OFP is that it is a flight simulator, a helicopter simulator,a tank simulator, a AA gun simulator, a boat simulator, a car simulator, a infantry combat simulator, a special forces actions simulator and a guerilla simulator - all in one. I am one of many people which has been waiting for years for this to happen. (Remember fantasizing about this in 1996 when i had a 100 MHz Pentium.)

I do agree that the flight simulator part could need some extra work, but that is only on the "inside feeling" of flying the plane. In the "All-out-combat simulator" the planes (when viewing from the outside) are just fine the way they are.

you dont need in-air-refueling. the fuel consumtion rate just isnt high enough to need it R71 said it before me the only one that consumes enough fuel is the dodge charger addon

yes but there are some spec ops that fly hundreds of miles to get to the area then refuel and do the mission, in ofp the mission could start 5 minutes before you get to the tanker

(operation eagle or something did this, where delta force fucked up and a lot of them died)

apperntly the ppl who dont think in arial refueling platform isnt needd cuz a singl map cant call for it. . hmm did you not play the 1985 campaign "maverick" whee you start on one island and move on to another. . so if the mission was a "follow up" mission like alot of servers have 2 part missions your fuel would go form 100% to 30% if u made a long flight from one air base to a target. . .so u start the follow up mission with the plane at 30% fuel and force them to refuel liek in real life.

On the note to larger islands, Has anyone actually acomplished creating an island which is bigger than the default sizes?

I've read the thread, lots of discussion, but no mention of if anyone has actually attempted it yet.

no need to double post.

also, this thread did not get any answers, and has little useful event to warrant its resurrection.