Sign in to follow this  
Beerkan

Converting Alpha Missions to run in Beta

There is a bunch of config classes, which has been removed since the beta and doesn't exist in your list. Maybe you should integrate those into your list too. Edited by Rockhount

Hi everyone,

i extracted a pbo mission and then i looked in the mission folder for mission.sqm and i converted it to beta and when i place it in mpmissionfolder it doesnt work also not in editor(this mission is a mp mission)

it doesnt show up as a mission.

can anyone please help?

edit: i fixed it

Edited by Jelskipro

There is a bunch of config classes, which has been removed since the beta and doesn't exist in your list. Maybe you should integrate those into your list too.
Yip, I know that from the beta update. As they said, not likely that these are used in default loadouts, as they are rarely used, but for consistency and accuracy I will update the missing classes just to keep the ChangeText.txt up to date.

Thanks for the intel.

I think I am getting the hang of this.

so as of right now. my issue that "RampConcrete" is missing. So if I wanted to change that. I would get the name from the alpha and the new name from the beta and put that in the txt file then use the utility?

Is anyone else getting errors like "file size too small. Expected (1.9mb) but only (1.1mb)" when using the converted missions pbos?

I think I am getting the hang of this.

so as of right now. my issue that "RampConcrete" is missing. So if I wanted to change that. I would get the name from the alpha and the new name from the beta and put that in the txt file then use the utility?

I'm afraid "rampconcrete" was removed, and there's no direct replacement.

These are the closest.

"Land_RampConcrete_F" "Land_RampConcreteHigh_F".

rampconcrete
Land_RampConcrete_F

I've updated ChangeText.txt to reflect this.

ChangeText.txt

Edited by Beerkan
The Spelling Bee told me to.

Hi there, i'm a newbie so please forgive my incompetence....

I am trying to run user SP mission "Chain Reaction" which looks great.

However upon loading, it says:"you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted "A3_Structures_F_EPA_Civ_Camping", "A3_Structures_F_EPA_Mil_Scrapyard"

i dont see any updated Beta coding for this in the change text, does anyone know if this can be resolved? or is it a case of going into the sqm. and deleting the "camping" and "scrapyard" items?

Many thanks in advance

Hi there, i'm a newbie so please forgive my incompetence....

I am trying to run user SP mission "Chain Reaction" which looks great.

However upon loading, it says:"you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted "A3_Structures_F_EPA_Civ_Camping", "A3_Structures_F_EPA_Mil_Scrapyard"

i dont see any updated Beta coding for this in the change text, does anyone know if this can be resolved? or is it a case of going into the sqm. and deleting the "camping" and "scrapyard" items?

Many thanks in advance

Download the latest version of the mission. Chain-Reaction-blow-up-the-Solar-Plant-(with-awesome-explosives-script)

Thanks for the reply, but i tried the latest version and the same issue is still apparent.

Would deleting the "A3_Structures..." from the sqm file negate this problem or will it completely break the mission?

Is there a replacement line for the said "A3 Structures.." that i could put in instead (i have doent his with class names etc from this page on various other missions and got them working fine)?

Many thanks

Thanks for the reply, but i tried the latest version and the same issue is still apparent.

Would deleting the "A3_Structures..." from the sqm file negate this problem or will it completely break the mission?

Is there a replacement line for the said "A3 Structures.." that i could put in instead (i have doent his with class names etc from this page on various other missions and got them working fine)?

Many thanks

Try the steam version. It works fine.