Sorry I spent all the time I had for this (overwhelmed with work on

projects right now ;)). I didn't find the issue and it is quite weird as I used this a lot even in public MP games...

PSA:

You can add more particle effect options via the init.sqf in the mission folder. You have the option of loading your own custom made particle sprites from a .pbo OR you can load them directly from a file in a folder (for quick editing).

I would like to attach the below particle effect to the player, so the snow is moving with him. If somebody could please give me an example how to do it this would be highly appreciated!

XXXPARTICLEEFFECTSOURCEXXX setParticleCircle [30, [0, 0, 0]];
XXXPARTICLEEFFECTSOURCEXXX setParticleRandom [0, [0.25, 0.25, 0], [0.175, 0.175, 0], 0, 0.25, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0];
XXXPARTICLEEFFECTSOURCEXXX setParticleParams [["\A3\data_f\cl_feathers2", 10, 0, 0], "", "SpaceObject", 0.05, 50, [0, 0, 0], [0, 0, -3], 0.5, 20, 9, 1, [15, 2, 4], [[0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0.1], [0.25, 0.25, 0.25, 0.5], [0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0]], [-2], 1, 0, "", "", XXXOBJECTXXX];
XXXPARTICLEEFFECTSOURCEXXX setDropInterval 0.005;

destroyOnWaterSurface = 1;               //particle can exist - only underwater (-1), only above the water (1), everywhere (0)

Hi, you need to replace "XXXOBJECTXXX" (the object the particle effect will be attached to) by "player"

see below

Edited by Surfer

Finally got the snow working, using Super-Truite's example and adjusting it to my needs. So if you want beautiful white snowflakes slowly falling down around your player, use this:

_snow = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal (getpos player);     _snow setParticleParams [["\A3\data_f\ParticleEffects\Universal\smoke.p3d", 1,0,1,0],"","Billboard",1,10,[0,0,0],[0,0,-10],10,1,0,1,[0.12,0.12],[[1,1,1,0.5],[1,1,1,0.5]],[0,1],0.25,1,"","", player];   _snow setParticleRandom [0, [25, 25, 18], [0, 0, 0], 0, 0.01, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0];   _snow setParticleCircle [0.0, [0, 0, 0]];   _snow setDropInterval 0.001;

Edited by Surfer

it doesnt seem that someone is still working on this project. Too bad.

But im searching for an particle effect for some comets to come down, like in the last picture in the fisrt post, just a bit thicker.

I am trying to script a little world end scenario for an server restart of my serve, but there is unfortunately no good tutorial out there for particle effects.

So if anyone give me an advise or maybe some code, it would be great.

Bumping this as this is one of the most useful utility "missions" I have seen in quite some while.

• Like 1

I am also going to bump this tool. I never knew an updated version of this tool existed! This is very exciting because I am 100% done with doing particles by hand. Ugh.

Thank you for this amazing project!