Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Arma 3 - Pre-E3 Livestream Hangouts

Did they say anything about aircraft? Didn't hear the last 20 minutes.

Stuttering gets too bad for me (50kb/s down :( ). Would be quite awesome if the whole stream could be uploaded at youtube or somewhere else.

Till now very interesting too see some new stuff. Can't wait for the beta!

I also have bad internet. Hopefully it will be uploaded somewhere.

But everything I've heard sounds awesome I can't wait! :D:yay:

Don't think so.

No fixed wing or tracked tanks in the Beta.

No fixed wing or tracked tanks in the Beta.

well, at least in the beginning of the beta.

They did say Altis may make it into the beta close to the end. Also they will be adding more content in the beta over time.

Oh i hoped for a bit more equipment to be shown :P. Awesome scopes, disappointed with the interior of Comanche ;) but I heard it's wip. Oh... and titan/tytan(?)... pity that it didn't work like Javelin in ACE. It looks soo much cooler. Well anyway... we'll see. You've given us the scopes ;), I hope for more ;).

Edited by Byku

Thanks for joining us for the first stream. It was meant to be something like an informal introduction to the editor, but somehow we may have spilled into other aspects of the beta. :)

As the first one, it was something of an experiment for us, so thanks for bearing with it as we find our feet and worked out the kinks with the stream!

Are you drinking a Leffe Rie?

Actually, it was one of the beers kindly donated to us by the CIA community.

Best,

RiE

Could somebody please do a summary of all the things that were confirmed/added for the beta in the stream? (Vehicles, weapons, features etc) I wasn't able to watch it all.

someone got the video for download availible? would be great since in missed it

so is the BETA like 50-60% of the final game?

I couldn't put a number on it off the top of my head, as it means a lot of different things.

Stratis, for example, is a tiny part of the overall terrain, but we won't yet be able to include Altis. As for the factions, we're adding Green, which will be comparable in size to Blue and Red. In terms of weapons and vehicles, we're going to present it as a move towards logistics and firepower, as compared to the Alpha. That means Gunship helicopters, armoured wheeled vehicles, larger infantry weapons (like the anti-materiel rifles already released, and man-portable AT/AA weapons). On the logistics side, transport helicopters and trucks.

It doesn't include things like tanks or other tracked vehicles, which we're still working on, but, as I say, it built on what's there in the alpha - give things a bit more 'oomph'.

Of course, the precise details of the the content will be detailed in full as we launch, in a similar fashion to the alpha.

Best,

RiE

Thanks for joining us for the first stream. It was meant to be something like an informal introduction to the editor, but somehow we may have spilled into other aspects of the beta. :)

As the first one, it was something of an experiment for us, so thanks for bearing with it as we find our feet and worked out the kinks with the stream!

Actually, it was one of the beers kindly donated to us by the CIA community.

Best,

RiE

I enjoyed it quite a bit. You did a good job of showing off new beta content and still keeping to the point of designing a mission and showing how to use the editor. The independent faction looks pretty cool and I do really like the 3D scopes. I had a question about the feasibility of Render to Texture scopes for sniper rifles and high zoom scopes and if you think it would be doable or not, but I couldn't tell if it got answered cause the chat was moving so fast. Also would you leave the ability to implement it open for modders?

Great video, taught me alot, now im definetly gonna start working on some own maps! Btw when can we expect to update and be able to play the beta for ourselves instead of the alpha? :bounce3:

That stream was quite nice but guys please do something about the chat it was extremely annoying. I had to switch it off. I feel really sorry for the guy that had to read through all this crap to pick out valid questions.

I was watching this with a few guys from my community and of course we have some questions.

1) PC Specs

2) The "green" sniper had some nice bullet proof vest on him, will we see a body armor system in the final game that puts such vests to good use?

3) As you shot down the helicopter it simply droped like a rock, too fast. Is this a PhysX problem and will/can this be tweaked?

4) The new scopes are awesome! But will this be implemented for high magnification scopes as well? In my opinion high magnification scopes should remain as they are in Arma 2 (black box) to distinguish them from ACOG scopes.

Thank you

Sadly we had to leave the stream after an hour because of an Arma 2 MP session so I hope that it gets uploaded quite soon.

^^ agree with Tonci .. jesus there are a lot of complete nobs out in t'internetland. Need a way to kick them. Perhaps if someone could sift through all the dross and give us the useful chat - that would be awesome.

I couldn't put a number on it off the top of my head, as it means a lot of different things.

Stratis, for example, is a tiny part of the overall terrain, but we won't yet be able to include Altis. As for the factions, we're adding Green, which will be comparable in size to Blue and Red. In terms of weapons and vehicles, we're going to present it as a move towards logistics and firepower, as compared to the Alpha. That means Gunship helicopters, armoured wheeled vehicles, larger infantry weapons (like the anti-materiel rifles already released, and man-portable AT/AA weapons). On the logistics side, transport helicopters and trucks.

It doesn't include things like tanks or other tracked vehicles, which we're still working on, but, as I say, it built on what's there in the alpha - give things a bit more 'oomph'.

Of course, the precise details of the the content will be detailed in full as we launch, in a similar fashion to the alpha.

Best,

RiE

thank you RiE, i indeed watched the stream and loved it.. i am deffenatly staying on the dev branch!!

i also saw the sneaky EQUIPMENT tab on the units page ;) this looks like the ticket i made a while back...possible in editor inventory :D

3) As you shot down the helicopter it simply droped like a rock, too fast. Is this a PhysX problem and will/can this be tweaked?

It even happens in Arma 3 now but rarely. It all depends if you have a lucky shoot to the rotor blades. I suppose that this mi48 got his rotor blades totally destroyed(although they were intact... just not moving) like sometimes in ah6.

It might be a good idea to try something like Google Moderator to collect the questions and let people vote on what they're most interested in, would probably be a lot easier than trying to pick out questions from the chat stream. Also, a lot of people don't read the chat so it's better to answer questions on stream rather than in the chat, whenever possible.

As for the stream, I understand why they went with a basic introduction to the editor, but it would be cool to see more advanced mission creation techniques, particularly explanations and examples of the modules. Especially if that was an ongoing series - maybe designing a complex mission from the ground up across a series of streams and making use of the various modules to really bring the world to life with minimal effort. I think it's pretty easy to find info on the basics of the editor, but the more esoteric things is something that the BIS team could deliver a lot of insight on that most of the community can't.

Overall, good stuff, looking forward to more.

I loved the stream guys! ;)

There was a lot of really good/informative info, and some great "teases" of future content! ;)

The only question you didn't answer for me personally was : Will we get the ability to "Parachute" in the BETA, or have to wait for the full game?

Great Live Stream Guys cant wait for the next One. DID I hear A hint to Gear Load-out IN the editor!!!!!!!!!!!!. AS for Ash712I did see a Cargo Parachute in the Green Air Class. I know that's what u r not looking for but the personal chute might also be there.

DID I hear A hint to Gear Load-out IN the editor!!!!!!!!!!!!.

that's what I was thinking when I heard the comment about the 'equipment tab'