Taken from this post by Warmbrak: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155675-Game-Update-0-58-Movement-mode-resets-between-crosshair-amp-iron-sights

I cannot work out if this was intentional, but this has changed from last week's update. Usually when toggling between walking and jogging modes (by pressing "c"), the movement mode will carry over between default cross-hair aiming and sight-aiming. The latest patch changed this. When in walking mode and aiming through the cursor/cross-hair and I switch to iron sights, the movement mode changes to jogging. Keeping the iron sights up and pressing "c" will toggle back to walking mode. As soon as one switches to cursor/cross-hair aim again, the movement mode will now revert in the opposite jogging.

The movement mode has always been persistent between different aiming modes. Is this a bug, or has the change been intentional? Changing the aiming mode should not toggle between walking and jogging.

This thread was closed because the issue is apparently resolved in the feedbacktracker. It has also been confirmed a week ago on the forums that this would be fixed in the next dev update, but after a week the bug is still not fixed on the devbranch.

I think this bug is very annoying and I hope BI did not forget about this one :-)

Noticed it hasn't been fixed but to be honest I don't bother using 'Ready mode' "C"

Just bring up the optical mode (sights) and walk while looking through them. (I don't use crosshair)

This is pretty annoying. Luckily, it should be an easy fix.

Yeah, still happening. Annoying as hell.

Noticed it hasn't been fixed but to be honest I don't bother using 'Ready mode' "C"

Just bring up the optical mode (sights) and walk while looking through them. (I don't use crosshair)

People who play in 3rd person mainly actually need the tactical key but I agree with the above and I even removed the tactical key completely.So now I go tactical by pressing optics and when I want a little more speed I lower optics.Flows perfectly IMO without the confusion that not fully knowing what your character is doing that stems from the tactical pace.

According to the patchnotes of todays devbranch update its fixed!

29-05-2013

EXE rev. 05814

Light of vehicles’ destruction is disabled under water now (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4620)

Ballistic penetration of bushes (foliage) adjusted

Fixed ammo for MXM in special ammo box

Non-local objects shouldn't collide with ground (breaking joints - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7884)

Aiming down in combat pace doesn't make player start running anymore

Added config multiplier of damage that crew receives when vehicle crashes to object

MP score table properly integrated into debriefing display

Fixed: Random rotation of the submunition pattern (artillery)

Fixed: MP - disappearing linked items when dragging from corpse

Fixed: Refreshing of difficulty indicator in Pause Menu

Fixed: Number of group members of motorized groups