Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 105785 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror :

fixed https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71884#change-156632

[104648] Fix: Initialization of backpack in vehicles in MP

[103718] Fixed: AI no longer fires on targets it does not see, only is reported by other group members.

+ more BattlEye server side filters http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138736-Introducing-Server-side-Event-Logging-Blocking&p=2364961&viewfull=1#post2364961

+ fixed SSL issues with secureID http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143091-Secure-ID-progress&p=2329137#post2329137

[102678] Fixed: switchWeapon action broken (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71136)

+ way more crash fixes both scripting and else

[102493] Fixed: execFSM/doFSM/commandFSM causes crash with non fsm file

[102469] Fixed: initAmbientLife causes a crash (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71001)

[102440] Fixed: Smooth camera could sometimes jump very far briefly (caused crash https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32444)

+ more crash fixes including the MP fire+ground hit one

[102106] Fixed: Joystick state reset on start

[102082] Fixed: gearSlotData causes crash when no valid control is given (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/70912)

[101333] A new mission.sqm unit value forceHeadlessClient used to mark a role reserved for a HC (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/67648)

+ hotfixed crash from 101141 changes

[101141] Fixed: Scripting functions aimPos, eyePos, eyeDirection fixed for a crew (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/38606#change-152548)

[101032] New: Scripting function hasInterface to allow detecting a headless client or a dedicated server.

[100540] Fixed: Users connecting with blocked CD keys were sometimes shown "You are banned" message instead of "Bad CD Key".

+ SSL fix http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143091-Secure-ID-progress&p=2273013&viewfull=1#post2273013

+ multiple crash cases resolved (thanks to all who reported)

[100296] Fixed: MP: Player head movement using numpad keys was not visible to other players.

[100257] Fixed: ballisticsComputer uses wrong velocity (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/6823)

+ some beta regressions fixed, shall hotfix some of the often crashes of client/server seen in past weeks

+ possible slight performance increase when using BE filters

the build contain quite some of crash fixes I mentioned last two weeks

suggested to be used for server hosting as it shall be noticeably stabler

(if you still get any crashes, it's very important for us to get server's mdmp,bidmp,rpt files

(compressed e.g. to my email (which is my BIForum nickname @ bistudio.com)with subject CRASH)

BattlEye compatibility: ... SUPPORTED, enjoy ! ...

note: also deployed on STEAM! (inside "test" branch, default beta is 103419)

+++

Data fixes and improvements by the Community Config Project (CCP)

Changelog: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1391

More info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?141732-ARMA-2-Community-Configuration-Project-(A2CCP)

Has this solved the bug that left backpacks behind when players logged out? The bug that caused parachutes to remain..?

Has this solved the bug that left backpacks behind when players logged out? The bug that caused parachutes to remain..?

report? cit? repro ? example code? {lil confused}

I'm getting "empty word errors" in RPT when I call in indirect fire from an ACR RM70 which is part of my group. This is an ACR error, I believe, and has been around for a long time, and can result in odd on-screen radio chat, as in this image, created using beta 103718:

f6ca1e256866459.jpg

=====================================================================
== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=empty -winxp
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2013/05/28 07:45:43
Current time:  2013/05/28 08:05:30

Version 1.62.105785
Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl
Type RM70_ACR, model ca\wheeled_acr\rm70\rm70.p3d - structure of turrets in config does not match the skeleton
Empty word in sentence 'XMIT' 'Target' '' 'At' 'three2' 'two2' 'xmit' 
Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male02\ru\support.wss'
Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male01\ru\support.wss'

With the last two betas i have alot of lag. i play with CBA_CO (the fixed one so the start menu doesn't freeze) and ACE. It starts when i come in contact with enemy ai, and even if its a small number of units.

I am having a strange issue with this patch. As soon as I launch the game, the main menu becomes all blurry and pixelated. This persists even if I exit the game, it's still present in windows. Takes a full system restart to fix the issue.

Not a problem on earlier betas. Screenshot won't work as I tried that already and it turned out fine once I restarted, but it looks like GPU memory corruption

I am having a strange issue with this patch. As soon as I launch the game, the main menu becomes all blurry and pixelated. This persists even if I exit the game, it's still present in windows. Takes a full system restart to fix the issue.

Not a problem on earlier betas. Screenshot won't work as I tried that already and it turned out fine once I restarted, but it looks like GPU memory corruption

Since it persists in OS it might be hardware trouble like a defective GFX card...I had that twice in the last years before I finally got a long lasting cool runnign quality gfx card. For soem reason it occured more than once to me that ArmA does not like hardware defects while soem other games (console ports) still run on defective hardware. It also turned out that ArmA is more likely to crash a overclocked system compared to those console ports games. (Skyrim, DIRT,CoD etc.) Edited by Beagle

Since it persists in OS it might be hardware trouble like a defective GFX card...I had that twice in the last years before I finally got a long lasting cool runnign quality gfx card. For soem reason it occured more than once to me that ArmA does not like hardware defects while soem other games (console ports) still run on defective hardware. It also turned out that ArmA is more likely to crash a overclocked system compared to those console ports games. (Skyrim, DIRT,CoD etc.)

It only happens with this latest beta, I'm on the latest WHQL nvidia drivers.

EDIT: It only starts when I launch the game with this patch, then it persists outside of the game until I reboot my system.

Edited by linkin93

It only happens with this latest beta, I'm on the latest WHQL nvidia drivers.

EDIT: It only starts when I launch the game with this patch, then it persists outside of the game until I reboot my system.

If you are using the 320 series drivers, try reverting to the 314 series. The 320 drivers (both beta and WHQL) caused crashing issues on my computer (running a well-cooled 560ti card) and I had to revert to the 314.22 WHQL drivers, which solved the crashing.

Low FPS reports coming in compared to build 30718, trying to get details.

i put the same thing here what i did write in dayzmod.com

what was the update in play withSIX today? yesterday i could play fine and today me and few of my friends went to play FPS is something around 10 to 20 and yesterday it was something like 60 and over it..?

was it some arma 2 update or what?

and i do play origins...

If you are using the 320 series drivers, try reverting to the 314 series. The 320 drivers (both beta and WHQL) caused crashing issues on my computer (running a well-cooled 560ti card) and I had to revert to the 314.22 WHQL drivers, which solved the crashing.

Using vid settings shown in my signature, 320.18 drivers, I am still getting 44-45 FPS on E08 bench, as is normal for me. I thought I noticed slightly more frequent CTDs compared to 103718 beta, however.

@Dwarden

can you please (in the next version or 1.63) add the radar warning system for A-10.

for the moment, we have no warning (neither visual on radar nor any sound) to tell us if there is an incoming missile.

thanks

In retrospect, I probably should have said that the 320 series issues were not unique to this build nor to OA - the drivers were generally unstable with all applications on my system. Googling this seems to indicate that many other Geforce users are having similar problems with the 320 series and have likewise reverted.

dwarden, you posted in the OA beta build 104648 thread:

the change included in OA beta, is that all undefined variables are now reported, before it was just execVM but not spawn

this change obviously remained in 105785 and probably will remain in upcoming patches. it might be some work for lazy coders of addons and mods to fix their scripts to not throw this errors. but the problem is, i have some errors in my servers .rpt which look like they origin from undefined variables in bohemia scripts. could you pls confirm this and if so come up with a solution. have no idea where to find this scripts and thus how to fix. will do it at my own for my server if you give me some hint where to look. hope this scripts are run locally on the server only, if not i guess i'm lost ...

anyway, the errors in my servers .rpt are as follows:

20:35:10 Error in expression <;

_recompile = (count _this) > 0;

if (BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>

20:35:10 Error position: <BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>

20:35:10 Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_init

20:35:10 File ca\Modules\Functions\init.sqf, line 28

20:38:07 Error in expression < select 2]};

_tv=abs(_xv)+abs(_yv)+abs(_zv);

if (_tv>2) then {_dr=1/_tv} else {>

20:38:07 Error position: <_zv);

if (_tv>2) then {_dr=1/_tv} else {>

20:38:07 Error Undefined variable in expression: _zv

20:38:07 File ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\AirDestructionStage2.sqf, line 59

20:37:13 Error in expression <oke;

deleteVehicle _fire;

deleteVehicle _shards;

deleteVehicle _dirt;

_v setvel>

20:37:13 Error position: <_shards;

deleteVehicle _dirt;

_v setvel>

20:37:13 Error Undefined variable in expression: _shards

20:37:13 File ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\AirDestructionStage2.sqf, line 71

so if i understand this correctly, we are looking at undefined variables within bohemian scripts.

what will scripts running in such an issue do? will the just report it to the log and continue execution, or will the script stop at the point of this error? nm, will test this at my own ...

on a side note: realized the error regarding "SSL issues with secureID" when connecting to my server is gone now! might have been in on of the previous betas already, but realized this when comparing different betas right now.

also connect and login seems way smoother now.

these script issues are on schedule, but the team is atm busy with E3 and Arma 3 beta ...

ACR patch? Comes with this Beta. Any more info on the ACR? Version?

ACR patch? Comes with this Beta. Any more info on the ACR? Version?

Good question. I asked this before. No answer. My guess is that no ACR fixes are included, they are just testing the patching mechanism.

the ACR patch (while it has lot of things fixed) is sort of still missing a some from Dev heaven list ... and unfortunately all the staff now works on A3 ... I will see after A3 into it (keep bugging me about it)

The implementation of the AGM-114L on the AH-1Z and the AH-64 is somewhat problematic regarding assigning targets to a AI gunner. Specially missing is a (assignable button) command to let the AI gunner target the current locked target by the player. Also the system lacks of feedback if the AGM-114L is locked or not. Usually, as gunner you get a visual and audible confirmation that the target has been locked on the missile. But with AI gunner you don't get this confirmation. Issuing the fire command a split second too early result in a waste of one missile.

So in short:

- new interaction command "gunner, fight my target" required.

- audible and/or visual confirmation that guided weapon has sucessfully locked on target (or AI gunner waits until weapon has locked when fire command is issued).

- shorter/faster way to assign a target to AI gunner. Command menu is inappropriate for HOTAS user. [irony]Alternatively a voice recognition system could solve this aswell.[/irony]

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Samll and short notice about unit .cfg issue...all inflatable boats, buit most notably on the pbx type rather fly than float...even at the lowest speed those boats lift completely out of the water including the propeller.

these script issues are on schedule, but the team is atm busy with E3 and Arma 3 beta ...

So (correct me if I'm wrong), if these script errors aren't going to be fixed soon, is there a way for us to suppress the errors? Text file logging is not the best in terms of performance, and these errors keep on spamming in the logs.

Otherwise, would you let the community fix these issues for you guys, to pull off some workload? Personally, I'd love to help out and fix these issues if you are limited on time to fix it. Especially since the mods myself and the team I work with are suffering from these errors.