kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

Hi Keno and kryz, the mercenary soldier for both woodland and desert with the g36 is missing the gun entirely. Everything I put a unit down I get an error about the gun not being found.

Could you write down the error message? I'm unable to reproduce it - all mercenaries with G36 work for me.

I suppose that you could accidentally delete BI G36 addon (/AddOns/G36a.pbo), or replace it with community version (like Inquisitor's G36), and thus get the "Magic" error about missing model file (WW4 EXT uses vanilla BI G36 model - funny thing is that I've just noticed that empty shells are ejected from trigger housing, not extractor window).

EDIT:

Or you may have somehow replace v1.0/1.1 ww4ext_magazines.pbo with older one (which don't have classes for EXT G36).

Oh crap you are right I forgot I replaced the default g36 with another one from a wepons pack that changed all the original guns for default BIS units. So does that mean I have to edit the mercenaries to have that gun? Is this done in the config file?

Not quite.

One way is modifying WW4 EXT weapon config. Unpack ww4ext_magazines.pbo and open file /rifles/G36.hpp (Notepad will do). Edit the model="\G36a\G36"; part so it will point to the .p3d (model) file you use in your replacement (as you can see, the .p3d extension can be ommited).

Second way is modyfing your replacement, so that G36A.pbo would contain G36.p3d model.

Hello all,

What about spawners, can somebody tell me, how it works?

Thanks in advance.

EXT Spawners are just variant of WW4 Assistant Dummies. By themselves they do nothing, however quite a lot of 3rd party scripts require placing some unit assigned to one of the factions (West/East/Resistance). Instead of placing conventional unit (which is visible and may fire and be fired upon), you can use EXT Spawners, which are not a distraction, and are almost unkillable.

Their name came from the fact that a lot of such scripts is used to spawn something.

Some bug-report.
Sorry for Russian Language on Screenshots.

WW4 EXTENDED Cold War:

GRU Units: Automatic and Assistant Automatic riflemans.
Bug with helmet, cap and beret.

Screenshots: Click, Click.

Afghanistan Era Units: Group page (F2)
Bug with classname (lost last R) in 1st squad (BMP)

West Units:
I think, it some unrealistic - M-249 in US Army at Cold War Era.

Screenshot: Click.

Other:
Some unrealistic and strange with RPK ammo.
RPK 7.62x39 have 40 round magazines and they have 1 slot.
RPK 5.45x39 have 45 round magazines and they have 2 slots.

Sorry for my bad english, I think screenshots clarify all.

[JAT] Spirit_Ural.

• Like 2

@Spirit_Jat:

Thanks for detailed report with screenshots!

1. Should be easy fix.

2. As Kenoxite noted several times - groups may introduce errors (some classnames were changed several times). But it's good that you're providing such info, we will take care of it.

3. M249 SAW was adopted by US Army in 1982, and it entered service in 1984. EXT Cold War units are modelled by late 80s/early 90s US Army, so you can find them equipped with not only M249, but also M82 Barrett .50 cal rifle or Ranger Body Armor of Gothic Serpent fame (1993). However I know that current M249 model is more like 1994 M249E2/M249 PIP/M249 LMG, but that is unlikely to change.

4. This is a leftover from JAM and original WW4, which used unrealistic 75rd drum magazine for RPK-74. Bug for sure.

Note that I'm unable to provide any deadline when patch will be released. It will be done when it will be done.

• Like 1

Just a random suggestion - Could you remove pistols from all units in this MOD?

You know it is pretty frustrating to see AIs running around with their pistols.

Hm, bug report again.

We (our squad) have some problems with WW4 EXTENDED installers,

WW4 EXT Main Installer:

We select folder with A:CWA, installer install to folder only WW4_EXT folder, other folders (@ww4mod25, WW4_EXT_VEH, etc) installing to Windows\Sys32 folder.

WW4 EXT Patch installer not working.

It's say, "Please insert full path with letter of disc"

No window to browse.

Screenshots (again on russian): Click, Click.

Just a random suggestion - Could you remove pistols from all units in this MOD?

You know it is pretty frustrating to see AIs running around with their pistols.

You can always remove the pistols from the units you don't want to use them.

WW4EXT_Tokarev

WW4EXT_TokarevMag,WW4EXT_TokarevHDMag,WW4_TokarevMag,WW4_TokarevHDMag

WW4EXT_Makarov

WW4EXT_MakarovMag,WW4EXT_MakarovHDMag

WW4EXT_MakarovSD

WW4EXT_MakarovSDMag,WW4EXT_MakarovSDHDMag

WW4EXT_Beretta

WW4EXT_BerettaMag,WW4EXT_BerettaHDMag

WW4EXT_Glock

WW4EXT_GlockMag,WW4EXT_GlockHDMag,WW4_GlockMag,WW4_GlockHDMag

WW4EXT_GlockSD

WW4EXT_GlockSDMag,WW4EXT_GlockSDHDMag

Hm, bug report again.

We (our squad) have some problems with WW4 EXTENDED installers,

WW4 EXT Main Installer:

We select folder with A:CWA, installer install to folder only WW4_EXT folder, other folders (@ww4mod25, WW4_EXT_VEH, etc) installing to Windows\Sys32 folder.

WW4 EXT Patch installer not working.

It's say, "Please insert full path with letter of disc"

No window to browse.

Screenshots (again on russian): Click, Click.

Which operating system were you installing this on?

WW4 Extended installers are built with Inno Setup v5.5.5, with the help of Inno Script Studio. In this very same thread I posted the script(s) I created for the installer, so you can check them yourself, if only to make sure there's nothing malicious on it (or if you want to use it as a template for your own installer).

Recently they have updated Inno Setup, which includes the fixing of some compatibility issues with Windows 10, so that might be it. I will probably release another full installer, which will use the latest Inno version (5.5.8 as of now), once the latest batch of bug reports and fixes are done here. Meanwhile, please use the zip files to install WW4 Extended if you have any issues with the installer.

Kenoxite:

We using standard EXE-files reader on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Other:

Bug-Report 3.

Ammo bug with DA-BDU unit. (Unit have SD mags, when his main weapon no have SD)

Multiplayer bug with weather game logic (In single player I don't have this problem)

Also, I have bugs with ZU-23-2.
It's undestroyable, I'm put three standard pipe bomb and ZU-23-2 not destroyed, no dammage, nothing.

And I have bug with "Self Heal" action (Hm, how I can delete this action?) when I get in and out of vehicle, I have two or three actions "Self Heal".

And, what about add zeroing to some more sniper rifles (M14, VSS, etc.) and sight switching (RPK-74M Kobra, etc.)

- [JAT] Spirit_Ural.

• Like 1

Multiplayer bug with weather game logic (In single player I don't have this problem)

Does it affect both versions, or just the "No fog change"?

About sniper rifles: VSS can already be zeroed between 100 and 400 meters (remember that it uses 9x39mm SP-5 ammunition, which is designed for low noise, not for long range accuracy). M14 DMR is... well, DMR, and in EXT that means it is not a sniper rifle (just scoped regular rifle).

Backup sights for Kobra AKs - because of the way Kobra is mounted on the rifle, it is impossible to see regular iron sights. Also - we're offering backup sights for weapons with high-magnification optics, and Kobra is just no-magnification, reflector sight like Aimpoint, and adding backup sight for these would be pointless.

Edited for clarity

Edited by krzychuzokecia

and Kobra is just reflex, no magnification sight like Aimpoint or EOTech, and adding backup sight for it would be pointless.

The Aimpoint and EOTech also have no magnification (unless you add like an Aimpoint 3X or EOTech G33 to them).

Does it affect both versions, or just the "No fog change"?

About sniper rifles: VSS can already be zeroed between 100 and 400 meters (remember that it uses 9x39mm SP-5 ammunition, which is designed for low noise, not for long range accuracy). M14 DMR is... well, DMR, and in EXT that means it is not a sniper rifle (just scoped regular rifle).

Backup sights for Kobra AKs - because of the way Kobra is mounted on the rifle, it is impossible to see regular iron sights. Also - we're offering backup sights for weapons with high-magnification optics, and Kobra is just no-magnification, reflector sight like Aimpoint, and adding backup sight for these would be pointless.

Edited for clarity

1) I'm checking only "No fog change", I'm forgot, I think it's problem only on "No fog change"

2) Ok.

3) Ok, RPK-74 Kobra - it's only example.

Also,

You can add some misc sight for PKM, PK-A, etc.

What about some update Aimpoint texture to PK-A texture? Add circle around dot.

Example: Click.

Unfortunately we don't plan any additional weapon variants.

There are several reasons: we don't have much time to do every theoretically possible variant, and we have some guidelines when it comes to guns in our mod. For example, LMGs are using either ironsights or reflex sights, and MGs have only ironsights. Of course, in real life there are several machine gun optics, but WW4EXT is not about 100% realism. Best example could be suppressed M16A2 used by some of EXT US SF - in reality this weapon was never used with suppressor by US Army, but in EXT suppressed weapons are one of several advantages which SF units have over normal units.

The same applies to PK-A. Actually, I'm quite confident that PK-A reticle is just a simple dot (similiar to Aimpoint) and picture you've posted is probably screenshot from BF3, which rendition of PK-series red dot is probably a mix between EOTech and PK-AS.

@JdB:

Yeah, I know that :) Previous post edited for clarity.

Some ideas 3.

Click, maybe you make battary with one pistolet slot?

How I can remove bugly "Self Heal" action from action menu?

And, can you delete bugly shot system (when player\AI get damage), it's very bugly in multiplayer, with pistol, for example.
Every time when I get damage I'm down to the ground, etc.

UPD:

Zeroing system and Sight Switching problem:
When I change zeroing (for example I'm test zeroing in MP on SVD) how I understand weapon change, and on new weapon I can't switch sight.
When I back to standart zeroing (600 m.) it's problem not persists.

So whenever i start up my WW4 Extended,

For some odd reason the main menu is zoomed in and i can't see any of the options.

Anyway to fix?

Some ideas 3.

Click, maybe you make battary with one pistolet slot?

How I can remove bugly "Self Heal" action from action menu?

And, can you delete bugly shot system (when player\AI get damage), it's very bugly in multiplayer, with pistol, for example.

Every time when I get damage I'm down to the ground, etc.

UPD:

Zeroing system and Sight Switching problem:

When I change zeroing (for example I'm test zeroing in MP on SVD) how I understand weapon change, and on new weapon I can't switch sight.

When I back to standart zeroing (600 m.) it's problem not persists.

Thanks for your suggestions and bug reports, as always. We'll look into all this later. Right now none of us have much time to spare on this.

So whenever i start up my WW4 Extended,

For some odd reason the main menu is zoomed in and i can't see any of the options.

Anyway to fix?

It seems that something went wrong when applying the correct aspect ratio. Make sure you set a proper one (based on your monitor) in the Aspect_Ratio.hpp file found in the root of your OFP/CWA installation. Look in that file for a line starting with #define aspect_ratio_. You have all the available ratios in the comment just below that line. Simply replace the uncommented one with one of those.

If you don't have the Aspect_Ratio.hpp then you don't have the latest Faguss Aspect Ratio program, so you might want to install it separately. But note that the WW4 Extended installer already provides a custom version of Faguss program, so you might want to reinstall it again, making sure you choose the proper aspect ratio when you get to the step where you have to choose one.

Kenoxite,

What about this units looks like Panama Armed Forces, it's never be released?

Kenoxite,

What about this units looks like Panama Armed Forces, it's never be released?

I'd like to say that it will be released eventually but, to be fair, that's quite unlikely. My intention was to deliver the full package, similarly to Arctic, which wouldn't only include infantry units, but vehicles, related soundtrack, etc... and probably a mini-campaign. The idea was also to expand it so it wouldn't only cover central/south american conflicts, but also south-asia and such. Basically the whole tropical spectrum. I was also testing the rolled-up sleeves thing with its infantry units, which wasn't finished yet (but you can check in screenshots posted in this thread).

Anyway, those you linked were the tropical guerrilla units. The national army units wear tiger stripes. But, as with anything in EXT, you could use them in your mission to represent any faction you like.

BTW, I already included a couple small things in the main Extended installation. Such as the latino faces and mosquito sounds.

Also, I find on my PC texture of KSOR ODKB camouflage, as me - it looks better.

Screenshot. (left, also I retextured equip to Digital Flora camo for myself)

If you need it, I can upload this texture.

Idk if it's intentional, but the AI awareness and skills for detecting seems excessively high. I made a sniping test mission and played it in Vanilla, WW4Ext, WGL, and Finmod. The objective was to shoot a stationary target without being detected by two civilians standing about 30m from the target. In WW4Ext. alone, shooting one or two shots from 600m - +1,000m even from behind cover of placed objects, the civilians would spot the player sniper the overwhelming majority of the time.

I might have made a mistake, but when I tired to activate the features with just the description.ext and logics I couldn't get them to work and was given an error. When Using Fwatch, they seemed to work fine.

• Like 1

when I tired to activate the features with just the description.ext and logics I couldn't get them to work and was given an error. When Using Fwatch, they seemed to work fine.

Which features, and what was the error? For my part everything works fine without Fwatch - I only get notification about missing Fwatch (which only means that menus such as Personal Menu, or Zeroing Dialog, are accessible via action menu and not keyboard).

As for the AI detecting ranges, this post sums it all. In my experience whole thing works as intended: I can sneak up undetected to rookie irregulars, and even SF units, but when I'll fire they'll find me. In case of SF combatants - pretty soon.

Also remember that when AI units detect your presence (and shooting a loud sniper rifle is an announcement nobody can miss), that doesn't mean they recognize you. You can check it with US SOF Undercover units - during night these can walk just past enemy patrols (no sneaking!), and still won't get shot at if they will leave the area swiftly. But when they will roam for longer period of time, enemy will discover the deception and promptly kill the spy.

And you could always had used vanilla BI civillians, instead of EXT ones, who don't share EXT values of identification and detection.

• Like 1