Brainbug

Red Hammer Campaign for use with CWR2 mod

Seems that some people forget that OFP (missions/campaigns) was played on different (old) systems and with a different ingame setup. From 2001 stuff/features have changed - if you want 100% OFP nostalgia you need to play it with pc specs from 2001-2004 (2006). Otherwise you have to improvise, adopt and overcome.... :tongue:

Wait until you get to the mission where you have to hijack the helicopter. Then we will talk about hardening up.

Found a small bug on that.

For the first part of that mission, after getting control of the helo, you get an update task mission to take out the US helo's at the base.

"getMarkerPos" is not set properly for the correct objective.

Should be something like this:

newTaskUpdate setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "USCHOPPERS_at_the_AIRPORT");

Or something like.

Seems that some people forget that OFP (missions/campaigns) was played on different (old) systems and with a different ingame setup. From 2001 stuff/features have changed - if you want 100% OFP nostalgia you need to play it with pc specs from 2001-2004 (2006). Otherwise you have to improvise, adopt and overcome.... :tongue:

Lol, that's the one part of OFP that I'm not nostalgic, playing at sub 20 fps. I'm actually much better now playing CWR2 than I was in OFP days mostly because it's so much easier to aim at 60 fps than low fps.

I had no problems back in OFP to finish Red Hammer. The hardest mission I have ever played back in OFP times was McGuba's " Unimpossible mission ". That was one of the very few missions that scored 10 at OFPEC and I remember that one because I was constantly cursing. If the difficult level reflects the old OFP version than where is the problem? I must say haven't played the new version so far so it's impossible to me to evaluate if tweaking is needed. Definitely the first AID action didn't exist at that time, but since it has been implemented in ArmA II my playstyle has adapted to that. I'm more prudent about how I tackle the mission objectives so for me it's not a bad thing . . . it might be annoying for some players though.

It's harder with A2 AI. They are more active and aggressive and with the new AI it's also more flanking and groups supporting each other. In OFP times groups could stay stationary until you got close, now they hear the firefight and react.

The first aid is a user script with an action that's always in your action menu.

I had no problems back in OFP to finish Red Hammer. The hardest mission I have ever played back in OFP times was McGuba's " Unimpossible mission ". That was one of the very few missions that scored 10 at OFPEC and I remember that one because I was constantly cursing. If the difficult level reflects the old OFP version than where is the problem? I must say haven't played the new version so far so it's impossible to me to evaluate if tweaking is needed. Definitely the first AID action didn't exist at that time, but since it has been implemented in ArmA II my playstyle has adapted to that. I'm more prudent about how I tackle the mission objectives so for me it's not a bad thing . . . it might be annoying for some players though.

The AI is simply more elementary in OFP than it is in ArmA II. It also helps OFP in that the graphics are quite barren, making it easier to see enemies in general, especially at night. ArmA II's lighting mandates the use of NVGs in dark scenarios, heavily blending the Russian's new camo in with the scenery and your vision. Add in the possibility of using mods with the campaign and it becomes crazy. In the CWC remake, with some mods, being detected in Wake Up Call alerts a tank in one specific location to come to where you are and shoot at you. Even without it, solo soldier missions have always been the bane of my existence with this franchise, and Red Hammer especially is focused a lot on solo solider gameplay. Stealthy, one man assassination missions? Is this Hitman? :P

Spiele zur Zeit die Kampagne Red Hammer selbst und stellte dabei fest das noch einige Bugs enthalten sind.

Bugs:

Sanipack funktioniert nicht (Klassischer Kopierfehler).

Durch das aktuelle CWR 2 Update muss ich alle Missionen an die neu gestalteten Inseln anpassen und einige Addons austauschen.

Es sind mir noch weitere kleinere Bugs aufgefallen die ich jetzt nicht alle aufzählen möchte diese aber beim nächsten Update beseitigen werde.

Die Kampagne ist auch mit den vorhandenen Bugs bis jetzt fließend zu spielen es wird aber noch einige Monate dauern, bis ich das Update zum Download zu Verfügung stelle. Vielleicht auch dann mit Brainbug Hilfe in weiteren Sprachen.

Games at the time the campaign red hammer itself and noted that this is still some bugs are included.

Bugs:

Sani Pack does not work (classic copy error).

I must replace all the missions to be adapted to new Islands and some addons by the current CWRS 2 update.

It further minor bugs are noticed I now not all want to enumerate them, but will eliminate in the next update.

The campaign is also with the existing bugs now fluent to play it will take but a few months, until I put the update to the download available. Perhaps even then with Brainbug help in other languages.

The translation into English please to end guilty it was translated with a program from the Internet.

Thank you for your port SHJStudio, and that you will continue to improve it!

Games at the time the campaign red hammer itself and noted that this is still some bugs are included.

Dude! Teh man himself! Coolio.

Will download updated file when released.

Spiele zur Zeit die Kampagne Red Hammer selbst und stellte dabei fest das noch einige Bugs enthalten sind.

Bugs:

Sanipack funktioniert nicht (Klassischer Kopierfehler).

Durch das aktuelle CWR 2 Update muss ich alle Missionen an die neu gestalteten Inseln anpassen und einige Addons austauschen.

Es sind mir noch weitere kleinere Bugs aufgefallen die ich jetzt nicht alle aufzählen möchte diese aber beim nächsten Update beseitigen werde.

Die Kampagne ist auch mit den vorhandenen Bugs bis jetzt fließend zu spielen es wird aber noch einige Monate dauern, bis ich das Update zum Download zu Verfügung stelle. Vielleicht auch dann mit Brainbug Hilfe in weiteren Sprachen.

Bugs:

Sani Pack does not work (classic copy error).

I must replace all the missions to be adapted to new Islands and some addons by the current CWRS 2 update.

It further minor bugs are noticed I now not all want to enumerate them, but will eliminate in the next update.

The campaign is also with the existing bugs now fluent to play it will take but a few months, until I put the update to the download available. Perhaps even then with Brainbug help in other languages.

The translation into English please to end guilty it was translated with a program from the Internet.

Hey man! Welcome! <3

Do you know when you plan to release the update to this? I know you're quite busy with a few things already, so I'm just curious. If you need any help, I'm sure the community here can help you out. :3

@up

Shj write in his post that maybe even few months. ;)

Thanks a lot for campaign. By the way is anyone able to capture the 2 officers in the last mission? Because they keep shooting at me all the time. I go next to them but they still don't surrender.

Added CWR2 to the thread title, better for searching and members can see straight away its for CWR2 :)

Yes and no, ofc I heard about it before its release... But I was almost inactive (too busy w/ other stuff) between January and something like the end of May :( And now back to business and R0adki11 has corrected this lack...

For my penitence, I give a try to Red Hammer campaign... in memory of the good old days! :yay:

Das Update ist soweit fertig warte noch darauf bis Brainbug weitere sprach Übersetzungen bearbeitet hat. Erste Hilfe Modul ist jetzt funktionsfähig und weitere kleine Fehler wurden behoben. Neue CWR2 Addons wurden eingefügt.

Das Update ist soweit fertig warte noch darauf bis Brainbug weitere sprach Übersetzungen bearbeitet hat. Erste Hilfe Modul ist jetzt funktionsfähig und weitere kleine Fehler wurden behoben. Neue CWR2 Addons wurden eingefügt.

Google translation:

"The update is finished as far as am still waiting to Brainbug other language translations edited. First Aid module is now operational and other small bugs were fixed. CWR2 new addons have been inserted."

These are great news SHJ! Looking forward for the update :)

SHJStudio: Use only english please, not everyone speaks German :/

§13 of the forum rules

SHJ Studio - THANK YOU! Danke schön!

Also, when will ARMA Reloaded mod be finished? Auch wenn wird ARMA Reloaded Mod fertig sein? :D

The update is finished as far as am still waiting to Brainbug other language translations edited.:cool:

Anyone not seeing the "Medic Packs" that were supposedly given? I have the "save game" option but no medic packs. I have Mando Missile pack installed and it give me the option to "see my score" Does that effect it?

Yes, there are no medic packs in last version. I remember that SHJ STODIO write that something is broken now. We must wait for update. ;)