Sign in to follow this  
thdman1511

How do you add mods to a ARMA 3 Alpha Server

Just wondering if someone can tell how to install addons on a server please, I have just installed an addon on my computer which was simple enough, extracted the zip folder to mydocuments\ARMA 3 Alpha folder, then went into the games options expansion and then enabled it.

What is the procedure for a server.

Put the @Mod_Name in the Arma 3 root folder and change your launch parameters to suit :)

start arma3server.exe -nosplash -port=2302 -config=cfg\config.cfg -world=Stratis -mod=@Mod_Name

added the mod ADFUNCUT to the server and added the -mod=@ADF folder to the launch config, on our server. the addon on came with a demo mission however we cannot get into the mission. Would that be because the addon isnt installed properly. The addon was placed in the servers arma 3 root directory.

I have posted on the Day0 forum where the addon was created.

If you have a link to the addon i'll have a look :)

Mission files go in the MPMission directory and addons go in the Arma 3 root directory, there are other ways to do it though.

It's also worth having a look at armaholics website for a list of similer addons/missions to see if it includes better documentation that will help you learn more.

Armaholic website > http://www.armaholic.com/index.php

Hey thdman1511 if the MPMission suggestion doesn't work just jump on the Day0 teamspeak(ts.day0.com.au) and we can talk you through the problem.

Also we a have few modified missions using the ADFUNCUT mod about to go live on one of our servers shortly.

Thankyou for your reply. The server configurations is the only place we can make modifications on our clan server. but the config is set as follows;

-server -config=MarkMods.cfg -nosound -nosplash -ip=74.222.7.186 -port=3302 -netlog -profiles=Profiles\3302

-mod=@ADF

the mod @ADF is placed in the servers Arma 3 Root Directory on it own and not in the addon folders, this is our servers arma 3 root directory.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2572/picserverdirectory.jpg (127 kB)

The link to the mission file is https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81875798/ADF%2520UNCUT%2520SHOWCASE%2520v0%252e1.Stratis.pbo.

This is supposed to demostrate the new feature the addon ADFUNCUT brings to Arma 3.

Hope someone can help me with this.

I am currently wanting to use the following addons on my server, all of them are already in the root arma 3 folder both in my local drive and my server ftp. I have inserted the .bikey for JSRS,CBA, and blastcore in the keys folder in the server ftp as well.

@ac130x_a3

@bCombat-0.18

@Blastcore-A3-Phoenix These five folders are in the arma3 main server directory

@CBA_A3

@TPW_MODS

@JSRS2.2

I also cannot find anywhere the mod link for the extra missions mod (weapon smugglers, hackers, sniper nest, abandoned jet, hostile jet, military patrol, and roadblock) so if anyone know the name of the mod or can link it i would be extremely appreciative. I am not by any means an expert so please feel free to talk to me like i dont know a thing about computers, odds are i dont know a lot of common knowledge.

First off, Should have made a new post, rather then necro an old thread.

@JSRS and @Blastcore dont need to be serverside, TPW has issues with most of its mods online. And I personally run the mods from our root folder where the server is and have 0 issues with it.

EDIT: Wrong post

Edited by Scarecrow631
reasons

First off, Should have made a new post, rather then necro an old thread.

@JSRS and @Blastcore dont need to be serverside, TPW has issues with most of its mods online. And I personally run the mods from our root folder where the server is and have 0 issues with it.

EDIT: Wrong post

Just joined this forum yesterday, never used forums so sorry about that. But im guessing i need to change the parameters of something based on what ive been reading. And what do i have to do besides download, extract, drag the @(mod name) folder to the root server arma3 directory?

1) Add the bikeys for each addon/mod to you are going to run on your server into the server's root keys folder

2) Add any bikeys for clientside addons you wish to support to your servers keys folder

3) Organise your addons into mod folders. (These have the structure @mod\addons\addonName.pbo)

4) Make sure you copy any Userconfig folders in the root for any addons that have\require them

5) define verifysignatures=2; in your server config file

6) add a -mod command line parameter to your startup, (Example: -mod=@CBA_A3;@Alive;@SomeOtherMod )

7) Create a user support system for the addons you host, such as a page with download links (For the more advanced, create an addon repository system)

8) Start your server, check the rpt for any issues and try running a custom made mission that uses the mods and have your testers connect to it.

There is a supposed limit to your command line, so sometimes its a good idea to collect your addons into an organised folder structure, such as the following

• @MyIslands
  • @MyWeapons
  • @MyUnits
  • @MyVehicles

Some addon collections need to be in the mod folder that the creator put them in, such as

• Task Force Radio

Do not run clientside mods on the server, examples

• Blastcore
  • JSRS
  • Dragonftyre
  • Shac Tac

Don't add poor quality addons that serve no purpose other than fluff for your wanabee have eveything members.

It causes no end of issues. Be very selective.

Is a 400mb download for a fast air jet going to be used in just 1 mission, if so don't add it

If an addon doesnt come with a bikey, youm will need to sign it yourself, for that you need additional tools and will have to host that addon yourself

Some addon bikeys are broken, again you will need to sign them and host them yourself.

I would suggest these as your core elements

• CBA
  • Task force
  • RHS US & RU
  • Alive
  • (AGM, later to be replaced with ACE)

and the AiA islands if you want to bloat your pack beyond ridiculous (Ours is 13GB packed)

We have started using google docs for ease of access to list the addons we run and mark any for updating, removal

Take a look at this, (Check the Zeus Addons " tab)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V76V-deh5vqH8ohq7zt1Ij_118hQTY1R_FUt3lVmpbc/edit?usp=sharing

Our admins update this sheet with any changes they wish to see in the pack

I then use this as a reference point to carry out any updates to our A3Sync repo

I then host the addons they need via our A3Sync repo

They click an update button and are then synced with the addons that are required on the server

Edited by Terox

Ok i removed JSRS and blastcore from the server directory, my current command line is as follows

-profiles=C:\games\66_55_149_59_2302\1207286\arma3\config -config=server.cfg -port=2302 -IP=66.55.149.59 -world=empty -gtqueryport=2304 -mod=@CBA_A3;@AS50;@STI;@asdg_jointrails-v0.15;

i have the STI(american weapons pack) AS50(50 cal sniper) CBA_A3, and the asdg_jointrails(pre req for STI weapons) all in the main arma 3 directory on the serverside with all keys inserted into the keys file. (including JSRS and blastcore)

I dont understand how to organize the mods into the folder you mentioned in #4, if possible, can you add me on skype (kyle.tiley) (i doubt there are many with my name but my profile picture is me with my m4 and dark eye protection on, and location will be in fort knox kentucky)and do a sharescreen to talk me through what needs to be done? I really am not familiar with much of this nor the language associated with it, like i said most of this is probably common knowledge for some people but not me lol.

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

If i didnt already mention it this is a wasteland server, idk if that matters or not but figured i would mention it. also on that note, i made changes to the store.sqf to alter prices for some items and vehicles but it has not reflected on the server i went back into the ftp and checked and all the values are the same with no typos extra spaces etc...

I dont know anything about wasteland servers, that game style is not my thing.

Your mod line shortcut, should not end with a semi colon,

Incorrect

-mod=@CBA_A3;@AS50;@STI;@asdg_jointrails-v0.15;

Correct

-mod=@CBA_A3;@AS50;@STI;@asdg_jointrails-v0.15

to organise your addons into different mod folders, you simply create the mod folder structure

eg

@MyModfolder\addons

and then you copy the required addon and its bisign file from its original mod folder structure into your customised structure

then you run that mod folder with the comandline -mod=@MyCustomModfolder

any addon.pbo's that are in that folder will then automatically be loaded when you start the server

the bisign files are used by the server to verify the integrity of the clients version of that addon

Edited by Terox