Alwarren

FHQ Accessories pack

accessories_promo4.jpg

I just released the first version of the FHQ Accessories pack on our homepage. The FHQ Accessories pack is a package of several real-world attachments like the AN/PEQ-15 laser pointer, ACOG scope, and other similar things. It is required for the version 1.4 of the FHQ M4 weapon pack.
There are two reasons for distributing this separately instead of with the M4's:

• All future FHQ Weapon packs will make use of this (where applicable)
  • Modders can use the attachments for their own weapons without having to rely on the M4 pack.

All attachments have working collimator sights functioning like their real-world (and Arma 3) counterparts (where applicable). Currently, these do not work on the standard weapons; I might add an extra config for that later.

UPDATE: new version released. Current Version: 1.7.1

V1.7 changes

• Fixed the lens glare as far as it is possible. Should be good now even on a rainy day with bright sky
  • Boosted flashlight brightness
  • FOV's adjusted to the default BIS attachment FOV.
  • (1.7.1) Fixed issue with Aimpoint Magnifier

With the MRT Accessory Functions addon loaded, the G33 and Amipoint magnifier will "work" as expected, i.e. tilt to the side. All magnifiers are now 3D scopes.

IMPORTANT: When updating from 1.2, make sure to delete the bonus pbo that was contained in 1.2, it is no longer needed and in fact will cause trouble. Also make sure that if you are using the MRT_FHQ_LLMAccFnc.pbo from the MRT Accessory Functions addon, to remove that one since it will interfere.

Older changes

V1.6 changes:

• Lens cleanup. Lenses should now be less dirty and hence make aiming easier
  • All Collimators changed to the new shader technology.
  • All scopes now have the scope shadow effect.
  • All atttachments have icons in the arsenal to make identification easier.
  • As far as possible, "tunnel effects" have been reduced, most notably on the Aimpoint. Sadly, the VCOG's shape does not lend itself to such possibilities, and I am considering removing or hiding it from the pack.
  • Removed MRT messages from the optics. The lasers/flashlights will still show active function, but the optics only rely on their visual state.
  • Icons in Arsenal

V1.5 changes:

• Animated magnifiers. Requires the MRT Accessory Functions addon
  • LLM-01 can toggle between flashlight and laser
  • New Aimpoint 3X magnifier, mounted behind the CompM4 and MicroCCO optics
  • Some texture and material reworks
  • Attempts to make some of the reticles more usable and reduce some tunnel effects
  • Proper inertia values assigned

V1.4 Changes:

• New Scope: Trijicon VCOG
  • New Scope: Barska AC12136
  • New Scope: Barska AC11704
  • New Scope: ITL MARS
  • Added black version of AN/PEQ-15 (thanks GsvE for the texture)
  • Updated AN/PEG-15 tan texture (thanksto GsvE)
  • Updated 3D ACOG scope

V1.3 changes:
• Now uses and requires Robalo's ASDG Joint Rails
• Compaible with Arma 3 Final

V1.2 changes:

• ACOG is now a 3D scope
  • Compatible with Arma 3 Beta

V1.1 changes:

• New sight: MicroCCO with two different mountings
  • New sight: Leupold Mark 4 ER/T sniper scope
  • New sight: EoTech 533 HWS
  • Remade texture for LLM-01
  • Remade texture for Aimpoint, including tan version
  • Remodel of the G33/HWS combo
  • Remodelled ACOG
  • New authentic ACOG sreticle
  • Included is an extra PBO that makes all BIS weapons compatible with this pack. Refer to the Readme!

Currently available attachments (v1.0):

• Trijicon ACOG with backup sight
  • AimPoint CompM4
  • GSCI TWS-3050 Thermal Weapon Sight
  • L3/EoTech G33 scope with Holo sight.
  • AN/PEQ-15 infrared laser
  • Rheinmetall LLM-01 laser/flashlight module

Download:
FriedenHQ
Steam Workshop

Old version until updated:

Armaholic

Play WithSix

For more information and class names refer to the included README.pdf

Using the accessories on your own weapons:

The addons should work with all BIS weapons as well as all weapons using the Joint Rails system.

Edited by Alwarren
Added Armaholic link

*awesome* models! I like them a lot and they look very pretty I think! (even though you write on your homepage that they are old and and not good anymore ;-)

They look really top quality!

Thanks for the release!

keep up the good work.

how about some previews?

There you go:

J34bs8Ds.jpgUYv6UHos.jpgB58fFpJs.jpg

(click for larger, units are Sabre's USArmy/USMC retex)

From left to right:

G33 Scope with LLM-01

TWS-2050 with AN/PEQ-15

ACOG with AN/PEQ-15

*awesome* models! I like them a lot and they look very pretty I think! (even though you write on your homepage that they are old and and not good anymore ;-)

They look really top quality!

Thanks for the release!

keep up the good work.

You're welcome :)

I do think especially the Eotech could use a few more polygons. It is one of my first models, and as such, I committed the cardinal sin of not spending enough polygons on the part of the weapon that is directly in front of the viewers eyes. One thing I learned is that if you want to save some polygons, don't do it there because these items will be in the focus of the user for most of the time, and pretty close up as well. You will notice the Aimpoint has a lot more polygons for this specific reason.

Thank you so much for the pack! How thoughtful of you to have provided instructions on extending compatibility with others' custom weapons. I already applied all those attachments to the mp7 and they all sit perfectly on the rails (ill be releasing an update later today). The aimpoint is great!

2 suggestions:

- the eotech indeed is slightly lower quality than others.

- is it possible to eliminate the zoom on eotech (have that set to the same value as aimpoint) and have zoom only when the magnifying optic is engaged?

1 request:

-microCCO pretty please? :D

Thank you for sharing your work!

Nice, will be giving these a shot after work.

Pretty quick turnaround after solving your alpha problem, good job.

@Alwarren this is a great idea :). I will look at using this for my G3 rifles pack :)

It's a great job, this pack is now my first reason to love the M4 :dancehead:

But I was thinking about 2 things :

- It is possible to make a reflection on the G33 Scope like this on this screenshot ( with bad weather, the actual texture is really strange ;) )

- Why don't make an Holographic sight without the G33 Scope ? That fix the alignement problem of the original Holographic on M4 and propose the black color in same time.

Nice, will be giving these a shot after work.

Pretty quick turnaround after solving your alpha problem, good job.

When I had made the tutorial on the Biiki, I tried that step-by-step on the other optics, and it worked quite well :)

Thank you so much for the pack! How thoughtful of you to have provided instructions on extending compatibility with others' custom weapons. I already applied all those attachments to the mp7 and they all sit perfectly on the rails (ill be releasing an update later today). The aimpoint is great!

2 suggestions:

- the eotech indeed is slightly lower quality than others.

- is it possible to eliminate the zoom on eotech (have that set to the same value as aimpoint) and have zoom only when the magnifying optic is engaged?

1 request:

-microCCO pretty please? :D

Thank you for sharing your work!

Yeah like I said, the Eotech is up for a remodel first. I suppose the eye point is too close to the eotech, going to correct that once I have it remade.

MicroCCO is planned, as well as a Mueller Reflex Sight (CoD style ;)), the Leipold sniper scopes, and a few other things... It's easy to go over the top now with no need to make four variants for each weapon that blows up the package size and workload.

- It is possible to make a reflection on the G33 Scope like this on this screenshot ( with bad weather, the actual texture is really strange ;) )

- Why don't make an Holographic sight without the G33 Scope ? That fix the alignement problem of the original Holographic on M4 and propose the black color in same time.

I guess I should make the lenses mirror, more so since apparently Arma 3 has bright light sources reflect on high-reflective surfaces now.

I didn't make a standalone Holo yet since, as I said, I want to remodel the holo because of its low quality. After that, I'll make a standalone Holo as wlel. I also want different camo versions of some of the sights (black and tan mostly).

Thank you very much Foxhound. Edited the first post.

@all the others: Thank you for your encouragement :)

For the G33 scope, I notice shoots go the the left of sight

130425012029105916.png

I pointed a Red Tracer bullet on this screen.

I seem it's not due by recoil, I tried with different firing mods but ammo always go to left.

For the G33 scope, I notice shoots go the the left of sight

http://nsa33.casimages.com/img/2013/04/25/130425012029105916.png

I pointed a Red Tracer bullet on this screen.

I seem it's not due by recoil, I tried with different firing mods but ammo always go to left.

Hm, I'll check it out. I assume that this is with the scope, i.e. through the magnifier?

Yes, it is trought the zoom optic ( It seem bullet start a little bit down of the scoop too ), no problem just with the holographic.

Is there any way to make the optics and accessories config'd to the point where they work on all weapons by themselves (not having to config the weapon to work with the optics)? I'd like to slap a few of these guys on the BIS weaponry like the EBR.

Is there any way to make the optics and accessories config'd to the point where they work on all weapons by themselves (not having to config the weapon to work with the optics)? I'd like to slap a few of these guys on the BIS weaponry like the EBR.

You would need to update the default Rifle config to accept them. I will probably do that at one point when I get the time, but it would be better if BIS changed to the model proposed in this ticket. That would make config changes unnecessary, and ensure that every compatible addon can be mounted on any rifle.

That's an issue with how BI devs programmed attachment compatibility -- weapons are compatible with specific attachments instead of weapons having a "mount type" that's then compatible with any accessories that also use that mount type -- and unfortunately there's seemingly no workaround for the BI weapons, while weapon modders would have to keep updating their weapons to name-and-thus-be-compatible-with newly-released/modified attachments.

That's an issue with how BI devs programmed attachment compatibility -- weapons are compatible with specific attachments instead of weapons having a "mount type" that's then compatible with any accessories that also use that mount type -- and unfortunately there's seemingly no workaround for the BI weapons, while weapon modders would have to keep updating their weapons to name-and-thus-be-compatible-with newly-released/modified attachments.

Which is why I think this ticket is very important. Every time I add an attachment to the pack, I need to also update the M4 (and the soon-to-be-release Remington pack, and all others) in order to get the attachments supported. Furthermore, a weapon pack that has been abandoned will not work with newer attachments, and if someone else brings out attachments (like the R3F pack) you have to make yourself dependent on that pack, OR provide extra compatibility configs. At the moment, there aren't that many of those yet, but I am 100% sure the number will rise in the future, and therefore the current way of defining attachments will lead to all sorts of exponential config growth. I would therefore urge everyone to vote that ticket up, and BIS to implement this or some similar system that detaches the accessories and the weapon and connects them via a rail interface system.

Ironically this "update"/alternate config for the GvsE port of Christian.1987's MP7 is literally the "provide extra compatibility configs" that Alwarren was describing:

DOWNLOAD version 1.03 (16.04.2013):

UPDATE: NEW CONFIG

Alternative Config: compatibility with R3F Weapon Pack and FHQ Attachments

Download the Mp7 version 1.03 (link above) and replace those config files with the Alternative Config (c1987_mp7_c_R3F_FHQ.pbo and c1987_mp7_c_R3F_FHQ.pbo.gvse.bisign) to take advantage of more attachments.

If you already have Ver. 1.03 then only download the Alternative Config.

Not at all a knock on GvsE's work, but it is an example of what happens due to the current state of the attachment system.

Not at all a knock on GvsE's work, but it is an example of what happens due to the current state of the attachment system.

Yeah, and if GvsE would have wanted to let you choose, he would have needed to do three configs (with FHQ pack, with R3F pack, with both). Clearly, not an idea state :)

Yes, I concur! :)

Far from ideal, as it really makes the user of an addon dependent on the creator's time, goodwill and personal preference to make the original weapon compatible with new packs of attachments. Plus, it's going to be a nightmare when it comes to using these in multilayer and when people have different versions of config. So I already voted up that ticket and I encourage others do so as well.

Meanwhile, I really appreciate Robalo's way of handling the config as a separate pbo file. This way at least you don't have to download the whole addon, but just a tiny file.

On an update of the pack would it be possible to to "touch up" the texture? [especially the holo on the dual sight looks abit rough] but overall a good mod!

Looks really good. Are you planning to make the use of the scope on the G33 visible? As it is now the scope is still sideways and not between eye and holo when used.

On an update of the pack would it be possible to to "touch up" the texture? [especially the holo on the dual sight looks abit rough] but overall a good mod!

Yeah as I said, some of the things are up for a remake (well most of them are).

Looks really good. Are you planning to make the use of the scope on the G33 visible? As it is now the scope is still sideways and not between eye and holo when used.

For that to work, there need to be a way to animate the sight depending on the optics mode. Right now, this is not possible. I have made a ticket here asking for this feature to be added. In a similar vein, I have added a ticket here asking for a brightness control of scope illumination/red dots since especially in NVG's the red dots are mostly too fat.

Both tickets voted up. Would be very cool if these things became possible. :)