503 replies to this topic
Alwarren
Alwarren

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2640 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 21:09

accessories_promo4.jpg

I just released the first version of the FHQ Accessories pack on our homepage. The FHQ Accessories pack is a package of several real-world attachments like the AN/PEQ-15 laser pointer, ACOG scope, and other similar things. It is required for the version 1.4 of the FHQ M4 weapon pack.
There are two reasons for distributing this separately instead of with the M4's:

• All future FHQ Weapon packs will make use of this (where applicable)
  • Modders can use the attachments for their own weapons without having to rely on the M4 pack.

All attachments have working collimator sights functioning like their real-world (and Arma 3) counterparts (where applicable). Currently, these do not work on the standard weapons; I might add an extra config for that later.

UPDATE: new version released. Current Version: 1.7.1

V1.7 changes

• Fixed the lens glare as far as it is possible. Should be good now even on a rainy day with bright sky
  • Boosted flashlight brightness
  • FOV's adjusted to the default BIS attachment FOV.
  • (1.7.1) Fixed issue with Aimpoint Magnifier

With the MRT Accessory Functions addon loaded, the G33 and Amipoint magnifier will "work" as expected, i.e. tilt to the side. All magnifiers are now 3D scopes.

IMPORTANT: When updating from 1.2, make sure to delete the bonus pbo that was contained in 1.2, it is no longer needed and in fact will cause trouble. Also make sure that if you are using the MRT_FHQ_LLMAccFnc.pbo from the MRT Accessory Functions addon, to remove that one since it will interfere.

Older changes

Spoiler

Download:
FriedenHQ
Steam Workshop

Old version until updated:

Armaholic

Play WithSix

For more information and class names refer to the included README.pdf

Using the accessories on your own weapons:

Spoiler

Edited by Alwarren, 15 August 2015 - 20:41.
Added Armaholic link

Posted Image Posted Image
Join the Community Upgrade Project (thread website)

All3n
All3n

Corporal

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 21:31

how about some previews?

rpr
rpr

Private First Class

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 22:07

*awesome* models! I like them a lot and they look very pretty I think! (even though you write on your homepage that they are old and and not good anymore ;-)

They look really top quality!

Thanks for the release!

keep up the good work.
Desert Tigerstripe Units
----Script Error #2501: your browser version does not support this kind of signature ----

Alwarren
Alwarren

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2640 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 22:41

how about some previews?

There you go:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
(click for larger, units are Sabre's USArmy/USMC retex)

From left to right:
G33 Scope with LLM-01
TWS-2050 with AN/PEQ-15
ACOG with AN/PEQ-15

*awesome* models! I like them a lot and they look very pretty I think! (even though you write on your homepage that they are old and and not good anymore ;-)

They look really top quality!

Thanks for the release!

keep up the good work.

You're welcome :)

I do think especially the Eotech could use a few more polygons. It is one of my first models, and as such, I committed the cardinal sin of not spending enough polygons on the part of the weapon that is directly in front of the viewers eyes. One thing I learned is that if you want to save some polygons, don't do it there because these items will be in the focus of the user for most of the time, and pretty close up as well. You will notice the Aimpoint has a lot more polygons for this specific reason.

GvsE
GvsE

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:01

Thank you so much for the pack! How thoughtful of you to have provided instructions on extending compatibility with others' custom weapons. I already applied all those attachments to the mp7 and they all sit perfectly on the rails (ill be releasing an update later today). The aimpoint is great!
2 suggestions:
- the eotech indeed is slightly lower quality than others.
- is it possible to eliminate the zoom on eotech (have that set to the same value as aimpoint) and have zoom only when the magnifying optic is engaged?
1 request:
-microCCO pretty please? :D

Thank you for sharing your work!

Liquidpinky
Liquidpinky

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1565 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:12

Nice, will be giving these a shot after work.
Pretty quick turnaround after solving your alpha problem, good job.

The Dummehs guide to running Arma2 within a RamDrive or on multiple HDDs

Spoiler

fluttershy
fluttershy

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:03

Nice job Al.
The more optics we get the marrier ^^
 [/HR]game over.

R0adki11
R0adki11

Major R0adki11

• 4906 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:22

@Alwarren this is a great idea :). I will look at using this for my G3 rifles pack :)

RoadField
RoadField

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:09

It's a great job, this pack is now my first reason to love the M4 :dancehead:

But I was thinking about 2 things :

- It is possible to make a reflection on the G33 Scope like this on this screenshot ( with bad weather, the actual texture is really strange ;) )

- Why don't make an Holographic sight without the G33 Scope ? That fix the alignement problem of the original Holographic on M4 and propose the black color in same time.

foxhound
foxhound

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 11345 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:15

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Posted Image
FHQ Accessories pack [ALPHA] v1.0

Visit Armaholic.com | Visit Carriercommandaholic.com
Posted Image
Public FTP available, just check the Armaholic.com FAQ.

HMM........wonder what it is huh?

Alwarren
Alwarren

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2640 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:04

Nice, will be giving these a shot after work.
Pretty quick turnaround after solving your alpha problem, good job.

When I had made the tutorial on the Biiki, I tried that step-by-step on the other optics, and it worked quite well :)

Thank you so much for the pack! How thoughtful of you to have provided instructions on extending compatibility with others' custom weapons. I already applied all those attachments to the mp7 and they all sit perfectly on the rails (ill be releasing an update later today). The aimpoint is great!
2 suggestions:
- the eotech indeed is slightly lower quality than others.
- is it possible to eliminate the zoom on eotech (have that set to the same value as aimpoint) and have zoom only when the magnifying optic is engaged?
1 request:
-microCCO pretty please? :D

Thank you for sharing your work!

Yeah like I said, the Eotech is up for a remodel first. I suppose the eye point is too close to the eotech, going to correct that once I have it remade.

MicroCCO is planned, as well as a Mueller Reflex Sight (CoD style ;)), the Leipold sniper scopes, and a few other things... It's easy to go over the top now with no need to make four variants for each weapon that blows up the package size and workload.

- It is possible to make a reflection on the G33 Scope like this on this screenshot ( with bad weather, the actual texture is really strange ;) )

- Why don't make an Holographic sight without the G33 Scope ? That fix the alignement problem of the original Holographic on M4 and propose the black color in same time.

I guess I should make the lenses mirror, more so since apparently Arma 3 has bright light sources reflect on high-reflective surfaces now.

I didn't make a standalone Holo yet since, as I said, I want to remodel the holo because of its low quality. After that, I'll make a standalone Holo as wlel. I also want different camo versions of some of the sights (black and tan mostly).

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

http://www.armaholic...wnload_a3_3.png
FHQ Accessories pack [ALPHA] v1.0

Thank you very much Foxhound. Edited the first post.

@all the others: Thank you for your encouragement :)

RoadField
RoadField

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:21

For the G33 scope, I notice shoots go the the left of sight

Posted Image

I pointed a Red Tracer bullet on this screen.
I seem it's not due by recoil, I tried with different firing mods but ammo always go to left.

Alwarren
Alwarren

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2640 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 13:11

For the G33 scope, I notice shoots go the the left of sight

http://nsa33.casimag...12029105916.png

I pointed a Red Tracer bullet on this screen.
I seem it's not due by recoil, I tried with different firing mods but ammo always go to left.

Hm, I'll check it out. I assume that this is with the scope, i.e. through the magnifier?

RoadField
RoadField

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 15:24

Yes, it is trought the zoom optic ( It seem bullet start a little bit down of the scoop too ), no problem just with the holographic.

spectrersg
spectrersg

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 15:47

Is there any way to make the optics and accessories config'd to the point where they work on all weapons by themselves (not having to config the weapon to work with the optics)? I'd like to slap a few of these guys on the BIS weaponry like the EBR.

Alwarren
Alwarren

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2640 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 16:23

Is there any way to make the optics and accessories config'd to the point where they work on all weapons by themselves (not having to config the weapon to work with the optics)? I'd like to slap a few of these guys on the BIS weaponry like the EBR.

You would need to update the default Rifle config to accept them. I will probably do that at one point when I get the time, but it would be better if BIS changed to the model proposed in this ticket. That would make config changes unnecessary, and ensure that every compatible addon can be mounted on any rifle.

chortles
chortles

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5903 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 16:34

That's an issue with how BI devs programmed attachment compatibility -- weapons are compatible with specific attachments instead of weapons having a "mount type" that's then compatible with any accessories that also use that mount type -- and unfortunately there's seemingly no workaround for the BI weapons, while weapon modders would have to keep updating their weapons to name-and-thus-be-compatible-with newly-released/modified attachments.

Alwarren
Alwarren

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2640 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 16:49

That's an issue with how BI devs programmed attachment compatibility -- weapons are compatible with specific attachments instead of weapons having a "mount type" that's then compatible with any accessories that also use that mount type -- and unfortunately there's seemingly no workaround for the BI weapons, while weapon modders would have to keep updating their weapons to name-and-thus-be-compatible-with newly-released/modified attachments.

Which is why I think this ticket is very important. Every time I add an attachment to the pack, I need to also update the M4 (and the soon-to-be-release Remington pack, and all others) in order to get the attachments supported. Furthermore, a weapon pack that has been abandoned will not work with newer attachments, and if someone else brings out attachments (like the R3F pack) you have to make yourself dependent on that pack, OR provide extra compatibility configs. At the moment, there aren't that many of those yet, but I am 100% sure the number will rise in the future, and therefore the current way of defining attachments will lead to all sorts of exponential config growth. I would therefore urge everyone to vote that ticket up, and BIS to implement this or some similar system that detaches the accessories and the weapon and connects them via a rail interface system.

chortles
chortles

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5903 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:33

Ironically this "update"/alternate config for the GvsE port of Christian.1987's MP7 is literally the "provide extra compatibility configs" that Alwarren was describing:

DOWNLOAD version 1.03 (16.04.2013):

UPDATE: NEW CONFIG
Alternative Config: compatibility with R3F Weapon Pack and FHQ Attachments
Download the Mp7 version 1.03 (link above) and replace those config files with the Alternative Config (c1987_mp7_c_R3F_FHQ.pbo and c1987_mp7_c_R3F_FHQ.pbo.gvse.bisign) to take advantage of more attachments.
If you already have Ver. 1.03 then only download the Alternative Config.

Not at all a knock on GvsE's work, but it is an example of what happens due to the current state of the attachment system.

Alwarren
Alwarren

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2640 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:10

Not at all a knock on GvsE's work, but it is an example of what happens due to the current state of the attachment system.

Yeah, and if GvsE would have wanted to let you choose, he would have needed to do three configs (with FHQ pack, with R3F pack, with both). Clearly, not an idea state :)