Sign in to follow this  
BusStopWilly

Custom face colours ' fix' addon

Hi all,

Some folks have been having trouble correctly viewing their lovingly crafted custom faces, (black turned brown, over-glossy, washed-out)

Hopefully this Arma 3 mod should enable custom face colours to work better. NOT perfect, it's more of a workaround than a fix, via a custom rvmat.

I've edited the characters_f config slightly and tried to cut out as much unneeded stuff as I could, but managed to break it more often than not, but it's current state is working.

Default white arms/legs cover up the blue, still unsure of how to name the Hands+Legs in the profile dir.

One solution would be to link textureHL to the profile dir in CfgFaces, like custom faces are, but I 'think' that the path to profile is perhaps hard-coded in the .exe?

Three before/after shots.

go91yZL.jpg

Get the addon here - http://www.multiupload.nl/PZL67Q30OP

Some Custom faces

http://imgur.com/a/QieEp#3

http://imgur.com/a/QieEp#4

http://imgur.com/a/QieEp#5

http://imgur.com/a/QieEp#2

http://imgur.com/a/QieEp#1

Be gentle with me, this is my first Arma mod. Imgur custom faces by me, made in Artrage 4. Two use (badly) clonebrushed camo from A3 soldiers, other 2 camo plugin.

Screenshot 'Judge' reskin also by me, 'Robotface' uses textures from A3. Neither available for download.

Please note, faces need to be resized to under 100kb. Load face into Texview2 and save as face.paa and place into your Arma3 profiles dir.

I'm going to update this as much as possible and hopefully get it signed for MP use until a proper rvmat for custom faces is provided officially.

Feedback welcomed, please grab and convert a face, or make your own, test it out and post your results here!

Edit. Addon now signed by myself, signature added at ofpec.com

Enjoy and have fun!

BusStopWilly

Edited by BusStopWilly
Now Signed and Keyed

The screen shots, are they from ATI or Niv Card ?

Thanks, i really hated it what arma did to the custom faces. Now i can get back to the paintboard to create a new custom face for me :) THANKS!

The screen shots, are they from ATI or Niv Card ?

Nvidia 580 mate. :D

@Mr.Charles...sweet :D

Thanks for the feedback!

BSW

**edit** omg it's on Armaholic! tyvm Foxhound!

Edited by BusStopWilly

Hello BusStopWilly,

Your work is very good. We can finally get to see our customization as we have created.

In my team we use a face mask neoprene to recognize us easily on the battlefield.

Without your mod it does not make terrible especially filthy blue arm.

My face without and with rvmat

Eromusha / @rvmat compare

And two other player of my team

Harod

Blacknight

Only problem now is that more and more servers require mods signed by "bis".

This is why I spend congratulated you and say that if you could do your mod signed it still make more essential and useful.

Soon

Edited by STSu*EroMusha

First post now edited with latest version which includes signature key for multiplayer servers.

Hi,

In your folder @rvmat missing the key server.

The file must contain:

Your files. PB0 (rvmat.pbo)

Your Key: (BSW bikey)

Your signature to your addon (rvmat.pbo.BSW.bisign)

The BSW.bikey is the signature for servers

It is missing in your folder @rvmat.

Cordially.

Hi,

In your folder @rvmat missing the key server.

The file must contain:

Your files. PB0 (rvmat.pbo)

Your Key: (BSW bikey)

Your signature to your addon (rvmat.pbo.BSW.bisign)

The BSW.bikey is the signature for servers

It is missing in your folder @rvmat.

Cordially.

Cheers pal! This signing lark is harder than modding :D.

Download fixed and now contains .bikey and .bisign

BSW

Hey how can I get my .paa below 100kb, it losing too much quality

Resize it to 512x512 and hopefully it should drop in just under at about 96kb.

BSW

but if server doesnt have this mod, these faces do not work. so its very limited mod :/ but good work anyway

but if server doesnt have this mod, these faces do not work. so its very limited mod :/ but good work anyway

Custom faces 'work' regardless of using this mod or not. This mod simply makes the colours 'pop' . If you have face.paa or face.jpg in your profile folder the game WILL load it and other players will see it regardless of mods used.

Thanks

BSW

Hey guys i just buyed the game and i wanted to put on miself a costom skin, that evryone else saw but i don't find any videos (there's two but one doesn't work on MP and the other is in french) so i found this threat and noticed that u guys can have costom faces on MP so i am just asking to somone here to PLZ make a video about it that works on multyplayer and other players can see it (plz enter a MP server just so see it's working)

Thanks for you'r attention :)

Hey guys i just buyed the game and i wanted to put on miself a costom skin, that evryone else saw but i don't find any videos (there's two but one doesn't work on MP and the other is in french) so i found this threat and noticed that u guys can have costom faces on MP so i am just asking to somone here to PLZ make a video about it that works on multyplayer and other players can see it (plz enter a MP server just so see it's working)

Thanks for you'r attention :)

Hi, if the thing hasn't changed since the ArmA2... any texture that you place on you player's profile folder, called: face.jpg . That take less than 96Kb Will work in MP for you and for others, but seems that there isn't any way of aboid to have than purple arms and legs if you use a/any custom face; seems as if BIS didn't care about the customization of the player's character or that they've left it as it's rightnow as punishment for those who want to use a custom face. I haven't seen any offical word from any BIS member about the customization of the player's character face, arms or legs; i bet that they don't gonna say or change nothing about. Let's C ya

*To BusStopWilly:

Could you put the Armaholic.com's link on the 1St post?, will be better IMO.

Edited by wipman