Overview from terminanimator Pawel Smolewski
- [IMPROVED] Movement speeds have been unified: they are now symmetrical (left / right), for all stances and weapons. Sideways motion is about 80% of forward speed. Backwards motion is around 70% of forward speed for a given stance.
- [IMPROVED] Each travelling mode has substantially different speed to another.
- [IMPROVED] Travelling with pistol out is slightly faster than rifle and significantly faster than launcher movement.
- [ADDED] New urban prone positions in both rifle/pistol stances (left / right). They are unique because they allow you to move sideways unlike other prone adjust stances.
- [IMPROVED] Adjust left states improved for rifle / pistol (more lean, weapon on the left side of the head). Adjust right are more leaned to the side.
- [IMPROVED] Adjust posture now differ in default weapon location in the first person view to better indicate adjust posture.
Motivation for movement speed changes:
- More immersive (more ‘down to Earth’ values)
- Better control (as in other tactical shooters)
- Significant differences in travelling modes
Interested mostly in feedback on:
- Sprint speed (rifle / pistol)
- Combat pace speed (rifle / pistol)
- Crawling speeds
Still to do:
- Relaxed movement (will be just slightly slower / more relaxed than combat movement)
- Unarmed movement (will be about the same speed as combat movement)
Edited by DnA, 16 April 2013 - 18:37.
Added more detailed overview from the animators