Created by BlackAlpha
Download Version 47 here (Vanilla):
Version 47 with ACRE (REQUIRES THE ACRE MOD):
Mirror Version 47:
This multiplayer COOP mission will spawn enemies randomly around the map. It does so by choosing a random position on the map, called the patrol area.
Then the mission will randomly spawn different type of enemies around the patrol area.
The goal of this mission is to simulate a combat patrol in which you do not know the enemy force composition or where exactly they are located, you only have a rough idea of where they are.
So in other words, the goal is to bring you a completely random mission each time you play.
Generally, the way you play this mission is that shortly after start, the patrol area marker is placed on the map, and you then know where to go.
Additional red markers may pop-up that give you a rough estimation where enemy positions could be.
You can spawn either air or ground vehicles for transport, and you then move out to the mission area to hunt down the enemies. Once you think the area is clear, an admin can end the mission.
This mission version is what Tier 1 Operations uses on their server. This mission has proven to be a lot of fun. With a little bit of teamwork, it's even possible to do organized large scale engagements on a public server.
Or you can reduce the amount of enemies for smaller scale fighting. I figured that there might be more people out there who might enjoy this mission, so here you go, have fun with it!
Please note that:
- Vehicles can be spawned at the red/white poles located at the barrier and 2 hangars close to where you spawn.
- The mission does not end automatically. An admin is required to decide when it's time to stop the mission.
- With 40 players, it's recommended to set the enemy amount to 200. With 20 players, to 100 enemies. This is assuming your server can handle such numbers.
- With less than 100 enemies, it's recommended to set inside the parameters that all enemy positions should be marked on the map (you'll only get a rough indication of where they are).
- Randomly generated COOP mission.
- Respawn enabled.
- Realistic slot layout: The Tier 1 Operations slot layout is based on real life military structures and enables commanders to control a large amount of players with great ease.
- Additional parameters: You can set the amount of patrol areas and enemies, set the time of day and enable/disable certain features.
- Vehicle spawning facilities: Players can spawn vehicles every X minutes.
- Pilot protection: Only pilots can spawn and fly aircraft.
- Automatic wreck removal: Wrecked or unusable vehicles will be automatically deleted inside the base.
- Anti-shoot script: Players are not allowed to shoot at the base and if they do so multiple times, their weapons are removed.
- BTC Revive: Medics can revive fallen comrades. The script has been modified to be more like the ACE medic system.
- AI skill adjustment: The enemy terminator soldiers shoot more like humans.
- UPSMON: The relatively dumb enemy soldiers behave more intelligently on the strategic level.
- TPWCAS: You can properly suppress the enemy soldiers.
- Vehicle Service: Players can repair/rearm/refuel vehicles at the service helipads inside the base.
- Group Markers: You can see the position of all group leaders on the map.
- Admin Actions: Logged in admins can teleport or make themselves invisible to the AI.
- Optional: ACRE version of the mission.
1. Extract the .pbo file to:
(Arma 3 directory)\MPMissions
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions
2. Start the game and then host a multiplayer server to play this mission.
Mission created by BlackAlpha @ Tier 1 Operations.
This mission utilizes UPSMON created by various different people. You may find more info on UPSMON at the official Arma 3 Scripting forum.
This mission utilizes BTC Revive created by the Black Templars Clan, modified by BlackAlpha.
This mission utilizes TPWCAS AI suppression script created by TPW, Coulum, fabrizio_T and Ollem (Tier1ops).
This mission utilizes Admin Actions created by [KH]Jman, modified by BlackAlpha.
This mission utilizes Vehice Service script, created by (unknown), modified by BlackAlpha.
This mission utilizes Folk Group Marker script from the F2 Framework, created by Folk.
This mission utilizes Setskill Script, created by Ollem (Tier1ops) and Sonsalt (Tier1ops).
This mission utilizes ACRE radios created by the ACRE team.
Special thanks to Tweet (Tier1ops) and FreeFire (Tier1ops) for helping create the concept of the vehicle spawning facilities.
You may edit/distribute this mission under the condition that you give me (BlackAlpha) credit for the original mission.
Edited by BlackAlpha, 19 April 2013 - 02:32.