It would be brilliant if the map compass could be used in a similar manner to ACE3's map tools so that you can use it to find the bearing between two points on the map and measure the distance between them. 

• Like 2

On 20/04/2018 at 2:24 PM, POLPOX said:

Things are progressing than I expected. I can't wait more!

Something along the lines of 'ctrlSetModelTexture' would also be a very welcome addition.

any idea how to make a model “wobble”?

like the watch and compass look 2D. if there was a bit of wobble it would make it look more 3D

Noticing the Dev Branch's have been winding down considerably and also seen a thread where the Game Director has/is stepping down? Has there been any info on where the franchise/company is heading?

1 hour ago, froggyluv said:

Noticing the Dev Branch's have been winding down considerably and also seen a thread where the Game Director has/is stepping down? Has there been any info on where the franchise/company is heading?

Yeah, Jay Crowe is leaving the creative director's post and BI. The latest SITREP has some information about the future, including a video of the company's goals for this year. And Arma 3 roadmap 2018-19 should be out any day now.

2 hours ago, Greenfist said:

Yeah, Jay Crowe is leaving the creative director's post and BI.

Cannot find a source about that. Could you point me to it ?

14 minutes ago, ProfTournesol said:

Cannot find a source about that. Could you point me to it ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Jay Crowe has left BI? Very sad =/

3 hours ago, R3vo said:

Jay Crowe has left BI? Very sad =/

The company probably doesn't have much work for him at the moment.

The gap between last title and new engine + new title for a studio is very challenging for talent retention

1 minute ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

The company probably doesn't have much work for him at the moment.

The gap between last title and new engine + new title for a studio is very challenging for talent retention

Let's hope so, I'd be glad to see him back working on Arma 4 in the future.

They could always do more A3 story content. The mission makers need something to work on as well, after all. Makes me curious how exactly they are going to bridge that.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Let's hope so, I'd be glad to see him back working on Arma 4 in the future.

i asked him if he might do contract work in the future. seemed like a yes

• Like 2

This is not the forum for it but a big congratulations to Jay for all his hard work over the years to bring us the games we all here enjoy so much. Good luck with your endeavors and who knows maybe we will see you return in a few years with even more experience to bring back to the team(s). 

Now back on track, the latest sitrep mentions a wind down in a3 but with some experimental things maybe popping up. I know its still early but would any of these experimental things be solely for the RV engine or would some of the tech be used in enfusion in some capacity? Are you still open to suggestions/ideas on how to improve the base game as well as areas to possibly experiment with? There are, I feel, so many areas touched apon and nearly completed and opportunities just waiting to be explored that would make the sandbox a little bigger and more varied. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with for us to blow up :) 

• Like 5

only one way to improve A3, and that is AI FSM... otherwise this game is really good as is till the end. well more documentation too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SuicideKing said:

Probably should make a separate Jay Crowe thread ;)

Here ya go. Problem with these outta the way areas of the forums is no one ever sees them *cough cough Arma 4* Srsly tho, if this thing really is coming to an end why not let the speculations run wild and try to keep an excitement level going - nobody reads Offtopic anymore

6 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

Guys, what happens to this ticket?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T82570

Guys, what happens to this ticket?
Give a gift, resolve an issue, on May 21 at the ticket a holiday - three years :drinking2:.

the tracker is full of unattended tickets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

the tracker is full of unattended tickets.

Since January 1st played Arma3 4 or 5 times. Such approach to the decision of free tickets, provides lack of desire to play in paid DLC.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, lex__1 said:

Since January 1st played Arma3 4 or 5 times. Such approach to the decision of free tickets, provides lack of desire to play in paid DLC.

if there are only 2-3 people still assigned to arma 3 part-time (few hrs a day), it makes sense for most tickets to be unattended.

• Like 1

Come on guys, this is neither productive nor is it helping anyone, least of all yourselves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nevermind

"Tweaked: AI helicopter gunners are now more prone to use DAGRs and Scalpels (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128103) "

Does anyone know how this works?

I did a few "gun runs" as pilot of blackfoot and AI gunner still doesn't select and use guided missiles (loaded with DAGRs and Scalpels) even when the gun is empty - still only when I (as the pilot) switch to the missles and command fire when locked.

More mixed results observing same scenario with AI as both pilot and gunner and a seek and destroy waypoint - still seemed to mostly engage with gun but missles do seem to be used.....

cheers

2 hours ago, petek said:

I did a few "gun runs" as pilot of blackfoot and AI gunner still doesn't select and use guided missiles (loaded with DAGRs and Scalpels) even when the gun is empty - still only when I (as the pilot) switch to the missles and command fire when locked.

If you are the pilot / commander the AI will not select weapons autonomously. It may only autonomously pick targets and fire if the currently selected weapon has autoFire = true

5 hours ago, oukej said:

If you are the pilot / commander the AI will not select weapons autonomously. It may only autonomously pick targets and fire if the currently selected weapon has autoFire = true

Thanks oukej