1) You don't prepare for a graphically demanding expansion by first making the original game run worse.

2) If my current rig can't run the expansion so be it, but there's no way I can accept that the upcoming expansion should undermine my ability to run the game I've already purchased.

Not salty at BIS, dev branch is for trying things but your logic is arse-backward.

Way to take comment out of context! He said no feasible impact on current game but expansion might be more demanding. I dont think you want say that all further dlcs should not try and push envelope a bit further.

• Like 1

wx5u424.png

No. The game is not running as it should, and here's the evidence. The hardware is FX-8350 @4,6GHz, R9 290X and latest AMD driver. Obviously I'm running a frame-rate limiter at 60fps. AND NO, OF COURSE I'M NOT RUNNING ANY MODS. YOU THINK I'M AN IDIOT? Yes, I probably am (Want proof? Look at how I used caps in the last sentence), but I'm not running any mods and I never do while providing devbranch feedback, because that would be so stupid there are no words to describe it.

Edit:

My settings were the usual, which are as follows:

fullScreenWidth=2560;
fullScreenHeight=1440;
refresh=120;
renderWidth=2560;
renderHeight=1440;
multiSampleCount=4;
multiSampleQuality=0;
particlesQuality=2;
GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;
HDRPrecision=16;
vsync=0;
AToC=15;
cloudsQuality=4;
pipQuality=3;
dynamicLightsQuality=4;
PPAA=8;
ppSSAO=8;
ppCaustics=1;
tripleBuffering=0;
waterSSReflectionsQuality=1;
ppBloom=1;
ppRotBlur=0;
ppRadialBlur=0;
ppDOF=0;
ppSharpen=1;

View distance: 4000

Object distance: 800

Shadow distance: 200

BTW, if smokes are still able to pass through walls, I hope it will be assigned for Apex.

With the current technology, i would have to say it's impossible for smoke to be "fixed" in that way. Que comparisons to Arma smoke and Nvidia Smoke-works.

in AA&PP setting menu, it's impossible to set postprocess colour correction by ourself, by writing it in the integer field. The new value is written, but not applied.

When going underwater (without diving goggles), with your head just under the water level (i.e. when you walk into water from a beach), there is a picture reflected on the surface which should not be here. It look like a loading crane.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/14/1460219185-20160409182507-1.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/14/1460219185-20160409182510-1.jpg

Note that I'm looking at 2 different directions on these pictures.

It happen at different places on Altis and Stratis.

--- 3th Edit :

New

Old

And when you place a unit on Altis Airport, at 12 00, with no cloud, I really  had the feeling to be under the sun. Not anymore. Everything looks like under fog or heavy clouds.

I'm still having this strange issue.

No idea what's causing it, it's been happening since Nexus. This only happens on the Development Branch.

Predator Stealth setting?

Does it happen with all characters?

the new lighting is way better than the old one and i don't see any performance degradation here

• Like 2

Well BUGS i found (just to remind, as i didnt hear its adressed or even readed by devs)
- Helicopters (attack & transport) are ignoring enemy and just float in the air after reaching waypoint (even when enemy is just 200M from him... AND SHOTING)
- Paramter "DontCreateAI" is not working in EDEN at all. All single player missions, 2D editor scenarios are supporting this command, but not EDEN.
- Tracked vehicles now are reversing without single problem (Thanks very much!), but random tank launching (beacuse of PhysX failure?) is still present, ONLY when turning left or right, when vehicle is stopped.

Predator Stealth setting?

Does it happen with all characters?

It happens with everything. Here's a rundown on that happens, essentially:

1. Character animations start to flicker and clip, FPS starts to drop

2. Foliage and models in the distance start to flicker

3. Extreme lag, 2-3 FPS max - all models drop to lowest resolution

Are you running from an SSD by any chance? How long have you had these issues as well.

I've just been down to the beach as per post #19015 and went swimming without goggles, and not seeing anything that would resemble a crane on the surface, I seen darkish shapes but when I swam to the surface it was trees in the background. 

Just watched the sunset from above the air base, pretty impressive, now to try and midnight firefight over the same area using lots of tracers and see if I take a hit frame wise, I was using Real Light for a while prior to this upgrade and it felt over exaggerated, but this feels more natural.

1) You don't prepare for a graphically demanding expansion by first making the original game run worse.

2) If my current rig can't run the expansion so be it, but there's no way I can accept that the upcoming expansion should undermine my ability to run the game I've already purchased.

Not salty at BIS, dev branch is for trying things but your logic is arse-backward.

Of course you do. Why would you not test your new shading model and engine changes on a map that is supposed to be less demanding. Updating the current game is the perfect way to see what nasty issues pop with a large group of users. It's a DEV branch after all. It seems like a two steps forward one back situation, but give the devs a chance. 

"your logic is arse-backward"

• Like 2

Are you running from an SSD by any chance? How long have you had these issues as well.

I've just been down to the beach as per post #19015 and went swimming without goggles, and not seeing anything that would resemble a crane on the surface, I seen darkish shapes but when I swam to the surface it was trees in the background. 

Just watched the sunset from above the air base, pretty impressive, now to try and midnight firefight over the same area using lots of tracers and see if I take a hit frame wise, I was using Real Light for a while prior to this upgrade and it felt over exaggerated, but this feels more natural.

Yes, I'm running off an SSD and I've been having these problems since the Nexus update in December 2015.

Hi,

I've also tried the new dev version and I'm a bit dissapointed about the color space and the shadow intensity :(

If u have a closer look at the following screens, you will see what I mean (the fist pic shows the dev version) ...

JfhD98p.jpg

yCUwadM.jpg

Silola

• Like 5

Hi,

I've also tried the new dev version and I'm a bit dissapointed about the color space and the shadow intensity :(

If u have a closer look at the following screens, you will see what I mean (the fist pic shows the dev version) ...

Silola

It's maybe what bother me with this update.

EDIT :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/14/1460226314-20160409202458-1.jpg

colours are so weird that you can't tell the difference between the yellow taxiway and the grey ground.

Wait, the ONLY difference between water reflection ultra, and water reflection disabled, is the presence of a crane when you're under water ?

--EDIT : nevermind, it took me some time but I found out where it appear.

EDIT :

colours are so weird that you can't tell the difference between the yellow taxiway and the grey ground.

Not seeing those yellow lines is a distance from it problem they are dissapearing after certain distance,but you can see them very well from 200-300m

EDIT :

Looks fine to me. When the flightline goes from black asphalt to light gray concrete blocks, the yellow taxi lines get really hard to see from a distance. Looks pretty realistic to me.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/booce/ArmA%20II/taxilines.jpg

Flying around the map is very demanding because of constant loading/ unloading of game assetts. This is a very bad indicator for the game's performance during normal play. Also... unless you set up a benchmark with both versions doing exactly the same it's not very helpfull, as nobody can know why there is a spike and if that is due to the update or not.

People, before you judge performance of the upcoming DLC or the upcoming public patch ... maybe wait until a couple more fixes have been deployed to devbranch? There are several rpt errors spamming, which have to do with texture materials and so on. It's possible that such errors cause frame issues.

Don't seem to be able to get FRAP's to overlay any more.

steam has a working fps overlay

That looks like a custom map... and lighting settings can be defined per map. I'm not surprised if the new lighting setting breaks some custom maps... They just need to be updated accordingly.
  • Like 4

Are lighting actually changed? Looks like devs changed and forced some postprocessing effects and that is all. If so, may you make them as separate PBO (free DLC, maybe) and not force people to use it? I don't like chnaged effects (water is fine, probably, it may be even better with old postprocessing settings).

Are lighting actually changed? Looks like devs changed and forced some postprocessing effects and that is all. If so, may you make them as separate PBO (free DLC, maybe) and not force people to use it? I don't like chnaged effects (water is fine, probably, it may be even better with old postprocessing settings).

Did you try to tweak the pp settings in the video settings, maybe you find a setting that you like.

Try to turn HDR from "normal" to "low", it's better this way on my side.

Why not to make it optional? For example, as settings for that mod https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189259-greenfists-recolor-mod/? The same results with more options.

I'd understand this suggestion if it were 3 days until final release. I am sure there no need to throw in the towel already. Give them time and constructive feedback of what you don't like.

• Like 1

water is fine, probably, it may be even better with old postprocessing settings.

Water works across all islands and it looks worse with old PP than with new. E.g. all other islands that are not Stratis and Altis still have the default PP - meaning it's not an engine-wide change and is probably somewhere in island's config.

Hmmm seeing how there's a custom island running new PP now - wonder what it takes to port it to CUP stuff f.e.

I like new PP a lot except for Battlefield-ish creamy look and missing red-ish colors

I'd understand this suggestion if it were 3 days until final release. I am sure there no need to throw in the towel already. Give them time and constructive feedback of what you don't like.

Actually, it was a constructive feedback (but please you should stay constructive too there are too many spam in thread). Make color changes optional as free DLC. That will give more options and full server compatibility (MP keys). Something like Greenfist's mod. Or just implement Greenfist's mod into the game with additional option to load presets (old one by default, new one as secondary, etc.). There is no need to force players, make things optional.