39 minutes ago, danny96 said:

Also a side note - turning turrets in modded vehicles still get their engine turned on. So it's not a global modification I guess?

It's deliberately configured at the level of base classes of individual vanilla vehicles (e.g. MBT_01_base_F) not to affect other vehicles (e.g. some T-62 that also inherits from Tank_F)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Electricleash said:

Small change with potentially significant gameplay changes, when considering concealed armour targets and Anti Air. Nice!

I imagine that you mean this due to the implementation of IR sensors?

13 hours ago, Electricleash said:

Getting an exception error crash when starting the Blackfoot engine.

Could you please create an FT ticket and PM me the link or PM me the crash report files via PM here directly? Thanks :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chortles said:

I imagine that you mean this due to the implementation of IR sensors?

Pretty much. Reduced heat signature when in a 'Hull Down' position. Also more difficult for human (and AI?) infantry to detect a switched off vehicle by sound. Easier to hide the armour in foliage from infantry for example.

46 minutes ago, razazel said:

Could you please create an FT ticket and PM me the link or PM me the crash report files via PM here directly? Thanks :)

On it! :)

Edit: PM sent

• Like 1

I really hate this game for one thing.

This game has meant to be played witch mods, but whenever i try some mod i get some error, and i dont know what mod is causing it. Please, make little improvement, that resolve this, and make player's life easier :
Beztytuu_zpspxahniwm.png

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Vasily.B said:

This game has meant to be played witch mods, but whenever i try some mod i get some error, and i dont know what mod is causing it. Please, make little improvement, that resolve this, and make player's life easier :

46 minutes ago, Vasily.B said:

I really hate this game for one thing.

It's a pain in the arse, but what if it's a multiple addon issue?
It's a process of elimination, you have to go through them all one at a time Vasily, and find the offending addon, then the add creator needs to be informed, made aware there's a conflict in his config.cpp.

I know, but targeting which addon its faulty, took very much time, and in resoult, i play less time than aquiring faulty addons (and there is ALLWAYS some errors. For example error about some scope in menu - its allways from some weapon or vehicles mods, but without information about name of corrupted file, i cant know which one is it.

For example i load RHS, NIarms, CUP weapons, And A-10 warthog + 20 addons like this, launching the game, see error in main menu - from which mod is this? Aquiring this in "one by one" method would took hour or so, displaying corrupted file name in this field would limit this time to exit game, report this to mod dveloopers, un-tick mod from the list, launching game again, and repeat this in case of next error.

This is not hard to apply this, and i believe its worth to try. Specially, if this is already written in LOG file, displaying same information in main menu would be awesome enhancement.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Vasily.B said:

I know, but targeting which addon its faulty, took very much time, and in resoult, i play less time than aquiring faulty addons (and there is ALLWAYS some errors. For example error about some scope in menu - its allways from some weapon or vehicles mods, but without information about name of corrupted file, i cant know which one is it.

For example i load RHS, NIarms, CUP weapons, And A-10 warthog + 20 addons like this, launching the game, see error in main menu - from which mod is this? Aquiring this in "one by one" method would took hour or so, displaying corrupted file name in this field would limit this time to exit game, report this to mod dveloopers, un-tick mod from the list, launching game again, and repeat this in case of next error.

This is not hard to apply this, and i believe its worth to try. Specially, if this is already written in LOG file, displaying same information in main menu would be awesome enhancement.

Let's say you play with 500 mods. Then you start the game with half of them. If it gives an error, you restart with half of them, and then half of them etc. You can narrow the list down to 1 with about 10 restarts.

And if it's already in the log, you could just read it in 10 seconds.

But I agree, more descriptive errors are always a good thing.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Vasily.B said:

Trust me, I feel your pain, as I'm currently going through over 100 addons, as I've got a similar error!

On looking at the .rpt, it doesn't actually define what addon is the culprit, so it has to be a long drawn out process of elimination, I have my doubts that BIS game algorithms would be able to identify a mod/addon by name, as an issue, I'll not hold my breath on this one.

2 minutes ago, chortles said:

I was going to say "which of your mods would namedrop a M203?" though...

Yeah, I would say that narrows it down significantly! :f:

Checking out when the mods have last updated too might help to narrow it down.

Very old mod ==  likely to cause trouble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vasily.B said:

Imagine you have a base game rifle class MY_Gun.

Base game MY_Gun has a semi auto and burst fire modes.

Mod A inherits base gun and inherits burst fire mode from MY_Gun and changes it to burst 5 bullets instead of 3.

Mod B accidentally removes burst fire from MY_Gun.

Error goes "MOD_A_gun has a problem because burst fire does not exist". The problem is because Mod B removed the burst mode. Yet you go to Mod A to complain and waste their time because the game simplified the issue to tell you it's their fault.

• Like 2

X64 still crashes to desktop with any use of dynamic sim, as of an hour ago.  Close occurs right after mission start, 3-4 seconds.  I can see the group that is supposed to be out of sim range on the other end of the airstrip before the ctd (had sim set to 500 for testing).  Can someone pls confirm if this is even supposed to work on x64?  And if so, if anyone else is able to get it working?  

• Added: It is now possible to transport non-vehicle objects in vehicles (via scripting)

Can we get a more localized version of this? In other words, instead of being simply available for scripting, say, make is as common as VVT. For example an Off road can back up to a crate and infantry can scroll to load it in the back, of course making 1-2 of the seats unavailable due to the crate based on size? Smaller crates capable of double stacking, etc.

• Like 1

Tweaked: Surface sounds of the HEMMT trucks were improved

Are the devs aware that the surface sounds were actually worsened?

I can make a video if required.

15 minutes ago, luxcapere said:

Also, be sure to keep rolling in that dough that is essentially being generated by the modding community, because its not like if your game was just vanilla only anyone would be interested in it.

I mostly play vanilla... What's your point, and how is it relevant to DEV-branch?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Its not relevant at all, chances are he just wants to sook on like a twat in a thread the devs are very active in in the hopes he will be noticed.

As for dev build Im excited to keep seeing these imprpvements with the dynamic simulation as well as the QoL improvements being made to the jets.

Those will make adding aircraft to missions easier.

Noticed in the wrong way too.

11 hours ago, R3vo said:

Are the devs aware that the surface sounds were actually worsened?

I can make a video if required.

If you can, please do :)

20 hours ago, road runner said:

Yeah, I would say that narrows it down significantly! :f:

You wont believe it - it was ASR AI comatibility files!
Not weapon mod, but compatibility files. In times when we need compt. files for every mod its very hard to narrow error file.

Like it or not, its just too much for me, i wanted to launch game, annd play, not plasy with bugfinding or so, checking log etc.... Same i was doing in good old arma 2. I dont remember normal gameplay in Arma 3 - i really dont. Allways some bug/error chassing, all workshop mission are dependent of LOT of mods, if i track mission with only RHS for example, it have some scripts that shows diferent errors. I dont feel like this should be keepen that way, all i wanted was making this lot easier (error chase).

If you got so big problem with it, and wanna alt-tab game every minute beacuse of error, fine, but this game is not for me as i see.

4 minutes ago, Vasily.B said:

Not weapon mod, but compatibility files. In times when we need compt. files for every mod its very hard to narrow error file.

Like it or not, its just too much for me, i wanted to launch game, annd play, not plasy with bugfinding or so, checking log etc.... Same i was doing in good old arma 2. I dont remember normal gameplay in Arma 3 - i really dont. Allways some bug/error chassing, all workshop mission are dependent of LOT of mods, if i track mission with only RHS for example, it have some scripts that shows diferent errors. I dont feel like this should be keepen that way, all i wanted was making this lot easier (error chase).

If you got so big problem with it, and wanna alt-tab game every minute beacuse of error, fine, but this game is not for me as i see.

Well you have to understand that not all mods are compatible which each other, and using mods when on the dev branch will certainly result in errors. Thats why its a development branch :f:

• Like 1

It's just modding,  and the various addons, it's very hard for the authors to keep up, for example I am getting error messages with the latest Alive update, I don't use it, but its installed, it was fine for Dev Branch before, but now it looks like there's a few issues.

I play performance/stable branch.

then why are you moaning about it in the dev branch :face_palm:

• Like 5